Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Does a 2 pair flush beat a higher card flush?

So if I have 3,3 both diamonds, and my opponent has 5,10 diamonds, does that mean that I will win the hand if three more diamonds come out and he doesn't create a pair?

zwoeins
    zwoeins's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7599

3,3 both diamonds?

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    So if I have 3,3 both diamonds, and my opponent has 5,10 diamonds, does that mean that I will win the hand if three more diamonds come out and he doesn't create a pair?
    only if you're playing with two decks

soccerzyko
    Update your status
    soccerzyko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2020

Your pair of 3's is irrelevant when the Flush hits. From there, the player with the highest card of the flush will win the pot.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

what game is this where you get a pair the same suit.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

lol
    premium example of why smoking crack and playing cards are not a good combination..........

Auto Donk

(and to think, some of you may have lost to this guy at some point).....

and is ballerhollic in anyway connected to ballerhollic2? why isn't kockn all over this one?

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

highcard
    pair
    2pair
    3kind
    str8
    flush
    boat
    4kind
    str8 flush.

high card plays in event two players have same hand. trips plays in event two players have boat.

best 5 card hand wins. compare the best 5 card hands. his best 5card hand is T high flush. ur best 5card hand is 3high flush.

which 5 card hand is higher?

pair is irrelevant. best 5 card hand wins.
    Last edited by hockey216; 07-26-14 at 12:46 PM.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

If youre ever dealt two 3d I would suggest grabbing your money and getting the hell away from that game ASAP. Reminds me of the time at commerce when I called an all in and we both turned over the nut flush As in our hands. Dealers face tryng to figure out what happened was priceless.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    highcard
    pair
    2pair
    3kind
    str8
    flush
    boat
    str8 flush.

high card plays in event two players have same hand. trips plays in event two players have boat.

best 5 card hand wins. compare the best 5 card hands. his best 5card hand is T high flush. ur best 5card hand is 3high flush.

Where's 4 of a kind?...If two players have same hand pot is split, high card plays when players have same pair.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    highcard
    pair
    2pair
    3kind
    str8
    flush
    boat
    str8 flush.

so does his two pair flush beat my four of a kind flush? lol

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    (and to think, some of you may have lost to this guy at some point).....

and is ballerhollic in anyway connected to ballerhollic2? why isn't kockn all over this one?

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    If youre ever dealt two 3d I would suggest grabbing your money and getting the hell away from that game ASAP. Reminds me of the time at commerce when I called an all in and we both turned over the nut flush As in our hands. Dealers face tryng to figure out what happened was priceless.
    reminds me of a "private" game in houston I was in, dealt AA 2-3 hands in, 200 buck buyin, and three chatos all wearing "Browning" caps all call my 25 buck raise with shit.... I hit set with a flush draw on the bd, make it 75, all three call, flush draw hits on the turn, one of em shoves, I put the rest of my 200 buyin that was left in, at this point hopin for a boat..... other two chatos' know the first one has the hand (some how, imagine that), lay their shit down..... no boat.... guy shows 49 clubs for the flush..... I had another 400 bucks or so behind that, that i'd won in taking down their Mexi-$2500 free roll, and was required to "play those winnings" for two hours (so they could win it back or at a minimum rake the shit out of it), but after that hand, I stood up, said the game was collusive, told the vatos they could stick their browning hats up their asses, and left with the money I had left from the freeroll cash.... as i'm heading toward the exit (it was a private card room in a private strip center in Houston), im hoping 1. not to get shot and 2. that these mother fuckers don't know where I live (or know anyone who does). I hate rigged poker.... Sbr qualifies, btw....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 07-26-14 at 11:46 AM.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

everyone makes the best 5 card hand, and the best 5 card hand wins.

simple.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

great example of how many employees play this game he made the list for the world cup
    Points Awarded:

Auto Donk gave konck 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    reminds me of a "private" game in houston I was in, dealt AA 2-3 hands in, 200 buck buyin, and three chatos all wearing "Browning" caps all call my 25 buck raise with shit.... I hit set with a flush draw on the bd, make it 75, all three call, flush draw hits on the turn, one of em shoves, I put the rest of my 200 buyin that was left in, at this point hopin for a boat..... other two chatos' know the first one has the hand (some how, imagine that), lay their shit down..... no boat.... guy shows 49 clubs for the flush..... I had another 400 bucks or so behind that, that i'd won in taking down their Mexi-$2500 free roll, and was required to "play those winnings" for two hours (so they could win it back or at a minimum rake the shit out of it), but after that hand, I stood up, said the game was collusive, told the vatos they could stick their browning hats up their asses, and left with the money I had left from the freeroll cash.... as i'm heading toward the exit (it was a private card room in a private strip center in Houston), im hoping 1. not to get shot and 2. that these mother fuckers don't know where I live (or know anyone who does). I hate rigged poker.... Sbr qualifies, btw....
    Very similar stories shared by me and many I know. A player has to always be cautious when they're "invited" to a juicy home game because unless you trust the inviter with your life there's always a chance of getting in a bad situation. Getting cheated would be a best case scenario.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Very similar stories shared by me and many I know. A player has to always be cautious when they're "invited" to a juicy home game because unless you trust the inviter with your life there's always a chance of getting in a bad situation. Getting cheated would be a best case scenario.
    there are some dealers in Houston who can do miraculous things with the cards.... my wife was on the rail one night and heard the game runner tell a dealer during the break "deal to the 1", (he said it right in front of here not having a clue she'd know what it meant), and even tho I knew that, soon after the break I get dealt aa in the 8 seat, shove, and the one seat calls with qq.... rivers q

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    Yes, against me it does.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1321

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    what game is this where you get a pair the same suit.
    SBR Poker. No need for a four color deck here!

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Per Roberts Rules of Poker

After hitting your 3, 3 2 diamonds flush if you immediately stand up and yell yahtze then your hand will be the highest ranked hand for that particular deal. However, timing is key because if 8 seat player knows you have both 3s of diamonds and stands up turns a circle and quacks like a duck then he has officially stolen your pot and can only be stopped by the guy holding a card that has one of the whammy characters from back in the day with a lawnmower. In the event the whammy card is played all remaining male members at the table are required to stand up, drop em to the ground and measure. Shortest guy wins the pot because lets face it, hes drawing short on life with a small twig. This is known as the Waves effect, being named after its originator who made a living winning the measurement contests pots going undefeated over a 20 year span.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave downsouth 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave downsouth 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave downsouth 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila, and Djohns04

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

is this a level?