FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Is bovada poker soft?

Thinking of depositing at bovada due to high poker volume there. Does anyone here play there at all? How soft are the midstake tournaments/cash games there?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Not sure if it's soft, but playing there sure makes ME SOFT!!!! BIGGEST F'N RIPOFF SITE THERE IS (THO CARBON AND THOSE PENETRATES ARE A CLOSE SECOND). To sum it up, Blowvada gives me the exact opposite of a ragin' hard-on --- yes, it gives me an unflattering soft-on!!!!

Stryder
    Stryder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

Bovada is definitely softer than Stars or FT, but a lot tougher than SBR poker . It is a good alternative for the U.S. player since Black Friday happened, but the site isn't without its shortcomings. In my opinion, one of the major drawbacks to Bovada is that you can't use tracking software to find stats on who you're playing against - as the other players appear as random numbers. This was something I had to get used to, as I used extensive stat-tracking software on FT and Stars back in the day . Playing without the stats software has made me less of a robotic player and a better player overall. Other than that, I think Bovada is one of the more legit ways to play online poker for U.S. players. Their deposit and withdrawal speeds are among the fastest you will find now, and although they don't have a great points rewards system (i.e., rakeback), they do have good promotions running all the time.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Deposited, been playing double ups all day and haven't lost one yet. The play at midstakes 14$ double ups is atrocious, 3 betting all in with A7 off suit, etc. I really like bovada so far, great MTT schedule as well.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Deposited, been playing double ups all day and haven't lost one yet. The play at midstakes 14$ double ups is atrocious, 3 betting all in with A7 off suit, etc. I really like bovada so far, great MTT schedule as well.
    sty there and u will make money

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Softest US friendly site. Not good if you're looking to bumhunt because every player is assigned a random number when they sit down and theres no way to know who is who. Would also stay away from the double or nothing tables because I've seen some suspect plays and who knows how closely bovada watches for collusion because without screen names its impossible for the player to do it.

Most importantly I've requested 2 payouts from them so far and both checks have arrived via DHL in 72 hours and deposited no problem.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Softest US friendly site. Not good if you're looking to bumhunt
    It's an awesome site to bum hunt. You just have to know what you're doing and how to do it.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Made some decent money off the 20$ double ups. Then I sat down at 25/50C Zone poker and absolutely murdered it. Turned 30$ into 270$ in a little over an hour. The competition is very weak in Zone. Just fold till you have premium hands or suited connectors and youll get paid by the fish when you hit.

Auto Donk

good job, tho not sure how long u've been playing there.... I murdered blowvada for about two months, then after that "introductory love" period, I got aa, kk, qq busted 90 percent of the time by bullshit.... runner runner programmed poker bullshit..... be careful if you're knew to the site, for that "newbie love/karma" will wear off, and you'll begin to take beats you didn't even think were possible...... good luck, and hope you keep running hot.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

Not new, I just took about a 2 year hiatus from Bovada. I've actually got runner up in the 100k tournament and final tabled it a few times back in the day. My love for poker went away and I went to 5dimes strictly for sports betting, but now im back with avengeance. But you're right, I am running good as well as playing good so hopefully the Poker lords keep me in favor.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Not new, I just took about a 2 year hiatus from Bovada. I've actually got runner up in the 100k tournament and final tabled it a few times back in the day. My love for poker went away and I went to 5dimes strictly for sports betting, but now im back with avengeance. But you're right, I am running good as well as playing good so hopefully the Poker lords keep me in favor.
    Although I haven't experienced it personally, several people I know, a few very well, have taken similar hiatuses and returned to be "rehooked" again by the blowvada new player karma. It lasted, according to most, an even shorter time than the original new player luck/karma..... but keep playing sound and hopefully you'll bank and not take the plethora of bad beats those greedy penetrates dole out......

FistOfFreedom
    FistOfFreedom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 422

DON"T penetrating DO IT.

It's rigged to get your money.

You won't head the warning and will deposit it anyways, don't say I didn't tell ya so.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bovada basically paid my bills for some time. It's "softness" peaks during football season and is a little tougher during the summer months. Maybe the World Cup and NBA Finals will bring out the recreational player this month though? If you can't beat Bovada, it's time to just take some occasional shots at poker tournaments for fun or find a less expensive hobby.

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16

25/50Cent zone poker is making me a killing right now so Ill just keep riding the hot streak until it tapers off.