Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8792

Art Schlichter charged with swindling more than $1M from elderly woman

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/38174...rly-woman.html

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Former Ohio State quarterback Art Schlichter, whose NFL career was derailed by a gambling addiction, was charged Monday with stealing more than $1 million from a 68-year-old woman in suburban Columbus.
    Schlichter has offered to cooperate with an ongoing police investigation into the sale of Ohio State football tickets and 2011 Super Bowl tickets, according to Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O’Brien, who didn’t provide details on how the theft charge was related to the ticket investigation.
    Schlichter, 50, was charged in Franklin County Municipal Court with one count of theft alleging he stole more than $1 million from the woman in suburban Dublin by deceiving her about the reason he took the money.
    He took the money in cash, checks and CC charges, according to the charge, which could also involve higher penalties because the woman is considered elderly under Ohio law. More charges are also likely against Schlichter, probably in federal court, his attorney said Monday without offering details.
    Schlichter told reporters he had no comment as he surrendered at the county prosecutor’s office Monday morning. He’s due in court Tuesday.
    Schlichter has been forthcoming with investigators and intends to cooperate, said his attorney, Sam Shamansky. Schlichter will likely remain in jail because he is on probation for similar offenses in Indiana, O’Brien said.
    Schlichter, who played for Ohio State between 1978 and 1981, spent 10 years in prison for gambling-related crimes. He played for the Baltimore and Indianapolis Colts and Buffalo Bills, and the Detroit and Cincinnati Arena League teams. The NFL has suspended him for life.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Brock your the Artie of SBR

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

this is brock's idol

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

brock used tax return to pay off co-workers loans +525
    Brock used tax return to deposit into a book -600

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Brock your the Artie of SBR
    JJ, i read his book Busted over thanksgiving, the shit he has done is beyond sick. He did this ticket thing before too, i can't believe he would do it again. Prison time is all he will know for a while, was in for so many years too already.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

So unbelievable. I really thought he had turned it around and was free.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1532

If there ever was a sick gambler it's Mr. Schlichter. A text book example of compulsive gambling takin' to the extreme. And he still hasn't learned his lesson.

Brock Landers

http://www.amazon.com/Busted-Rise-Fa...7740840&sr=8-1

Anyone who wants a good read, although really depressing at times, read his book

Brock Landers

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/ten...t.html?sid=102

It just gets worse

WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE, Ohio — In his hometown, love of Ohio State football and former star quarterback and native son, Art Schlichter, is evident. On Tuesday, Schlichter faced a judge to answer a charge of felony theft. He is accused of using a sports ticket scheme to steal more than $1 million from a Dublin widow.

Despite his past, dentist John Jordan considers himself one the Buckeyes' biggest fans.
    He was intrigued by a call from Schlichter, 10 Investigates' Paul Aker reported on Tuesday.
    "I've never seen a better quarterback in my life," Jordan said.
    Schlichter was selling season tickets he claimed he was able to get because he was an ex-athlete.
    Jordan knew that Schlichter was also an admitted gambling addict and served time in prison for fraud and forgery, but said he still trusted him.
    "I knew his family, I knew Art," Jordan said. "My wife and I had eaten out after a game with Art's parents and other friends. I bought them. I gave him a check for $1,960."
    As the season approached, the tickets did not. Jordan said he knew he had been taken.
    "I didn't receive one ticket," he said.
    Jordan threatened legal action and finally got Schlichter to pay his money back.
    He said he wanted the Fayette County prosecutor to file criminal charges but he declined.
    In an e-mail to 10 Investigates, prosecutor David Bender said, "I do not believe we could prove at the time that Mr. Schlichter took money from Mr. Jordan that his intention was to steal It is my belief that there were several counties investigating Schlichter for similar activities ."
    Schlichter has only been charged in connection with one alleged theft, but prosecutors believe there are many more victims and at least $2 million in losses, Aker reported.
    "He's 50 years old now," Jordan said. "Is there any hope he'll ever be cured of this habit? I don't know, I don't know."
    Schlichter waived his bond at a hearing on Tuesday morning. He will remain in the Franklin County Jail until the case is resolved.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Stop posting news, and start posting some picks.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Brock...all you do is copy and paste stories from the internet...this is worse than your losing picks.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by AMBlai01 View Post
    Brock...all you do is copy and paste stories from the internet...this is worse than your losing picks.
    glad you like it fukko