iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by CJAretired View Post
    vujacic was chronically hurt.

if his wasnt a walton he wouldnt get anywhere near the NBA. that was the point of the thread idiot
    I can tell you don't even watch games, you just check out boxscores and formulate an opinion.

Chronically injured? Sasha Vujacic played in 67 games last year. The other 15, Phil simply buried him at the end of the bench.

"If he wasn't a Walton"... well Bill has 4 boys, and they all played D1 ball. How come Luke's the only one who made it to the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by CJAretired View Post
    vujacic is averaging 12.3 ppg, shooting 43%, 3:2 to ratio, 1.2 steals, 3.1 rebs and 92% ft (in 28 mins)

Walton wasnt even that good in college. "As a fifth-year senior, he averaged 10.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 0.9 steals at arizona"
    Wow, those numbers look identical. This guy is a buffoon.
    Last edited by iQon; 01-22-11 at 05:16 AM.
    Points Awarded:

demens gave iQon 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

seems like a i rarely see him on the court these days.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by demens View Post
    The Lakers have lost out on literally noone because of that contract. They are at 90M in salary which is more then 30 over the cap. So Waltons 5 would not give them any flexibility to do anything. All it would do is save them some luxury tax. They still have the MLE and LLE to spend which is all they would have with or without Waltons contract on the books.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you realize they probably would have kept Ariza and STILL signed Artest if it wasn't for Walton?
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 01-22-11 at 01:59 PM.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    I can tell you don't even watch games, you just check out boxscores and formulate an opinion.

Chronically injured? Sasha Vujacic played in 67 games last year. The other 15, Phil simply buried him at the end of the bench.

"If he wasn't a Walton"... well Bill has 4 boys, and they all played D1 ball. How come Luke's the only one who made it to the NBA?

Wow, those numbers look identical. This guy is a buffoon.
    did this guy just compare pac10 numbers to NBA numbers

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Luke is their because of Phil Jackson and Kobe

Both like him

End of story

iQon

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you realize they probably would have kept Ariza and STILL signed Artest if it wasn't for Walton?
    You need to read up on how the NBA salary cap works. The Lakers were NEVER signing Ariza and Artest "just because they had a spare $5 million without Luke Walton's contract." It doesn't work like that. They were too far over the cap and didn't have Bird Rights on Ariza.

The only way they were signing both, is if

A) Ariza and Artest split the MLE @ at 2-3million a year. (Ariza wanted to get paid, and Artest already took a paycut with taking the MLE)
    B) Ariza got the full MLE, and Artest signed for the veterans minimum. (Ariza didn't even accept the MLE when LA offered it, see A for Artest)
    C) Ariza got the full MLE, and Houston gifted LA with a sign and trade. Either Artest for Walton/Vujacic/Morrison and Powell/Mbenga (Houston wouldn't have done it). Or Artest for Bynum/Odom (LA wouldn't have done it).

Ariza and Artest is a pipe dream, son. And a dumb one at that. Even if they could have signed both, it would have made more sense to pick one and sign a PG.
    Last edited by iQon; 01-22-11 at 03:25 PM.

jmiezie
    jmiezie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15466

Luke is on the roster because he knows the triangle better than anyone on the Lakers aside from the coaching staff. He also passes the ball better than anyone on the Lakers and doesn't force stupid shots. He has been injury ridden the past few years but once he gets back in his groove he will get a lot more playing time and be a valuable asset in the playoffs.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Samuel Dalembert makes 13 mil.

Worst contract in the NBA right now by a LOT. At least K-Mart had shown a reason to give him a pile of cash before he signed. Just goes to show the sorry ass state of big men in the game. I'd kill to be 7ft.

Suck it.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    You need to read up on how the NBA salary cap works. The Lakers were NEVER signing Ariza and Artest "just because they had a spare $5 million without Luke Walton's contract." It doesn't work like that. They were too far over the cap and didn't have Bird Rights on Ariza. The only way they were signing both, is if A) Ariza and Artest split the MLE @ at 2-3million a year. (Ariza wanted to get paid, and Artest already took a paycut with taking the MLE) B) Ariza got the full MLE, and Artest signed for the veterans minimum. (Ariza didn't even accept the MLE when LA offered it, see A for Artest) C) Ariza got the full MLE, and Houston gifted LA with a sign and trade. Either Artest for Walton/Vujacic/Morrison and Powell/Mbenga (Houston wouldn't have done it). Or Artest for Bynum/Odom (LA wouldn't have done it). Ariza and Artest is a pipe dream, son. And a dumb one at that. Even if they could have signed both, it would have made more sense to pick one and sign a PG.
    Oh sorry i thought Ariza still qualified under the Early Bird Exception. If only i was as much of a loser as you and spent my life trying to understand the fuking nba salary cap then i would have known. The whole point of this thread is that Luke Walton has a terrible contract. If you don't agree with that then you're an idiot. I wish your dumb ass was an nba gm b/c you would have offered Puke 10 million and the Lakers wouldn't be stuck with his ass.

iQon

Yeah, too bad. If only I could have signed Luke Walton to a $10m contract, the Lakers could have totally signed LeBron James last summer.

Luke Walton making $5m a year doesn't make sense... but putting Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest on the same team, does?

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10304

Need to hire Luke s agent

KingKolzig

he is so horrible

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

5.1 assists for a college forward almost impossible he is a great passer

alalha
    alalha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2824

add james posey to the list. 7,000,000 / year playing no mins for the pacers

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

He made a nice screen tonight.

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

the topic of this thread sickens me.

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Luke is their because of Phil Jackson and Kobe Both like him End of story

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

What a fukkin joke, I knew i shouldve hung out with the black kids growing up

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    5.1 assists for a college forward almost impossible he is a great passer
    cause he cant create his own shot. if he was a playmaker he would play a lot more. he simply doesnt have NBA athleticism, its all nepotism. wwf theatre

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Had a J swish for tre earlier YESSSS

Going4Broke
    Going4Broke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    He makes more a year than we see in or lifetime lol
    I don't know who "we" are but that's not very much. $100,000 a year X 30 years... A lot of people make way more than that.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

hard to watch for sure.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57657

NBA is the best sport to be a scrub. Guys that rarely get off the bench make 5-7 million. NFL is the worst. Most scrubs or practice squad players make 400,000 - 500,000 K. Thats a big reason why the NBA will be locked out all of 2011-2012 - they have to get the salaries in check.

rallymonkey
    rallymonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

air ball...

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

hahha I just saw his airball and immediately thought of this thread

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

God this guy sucks.

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Token Cracker

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by rallymonkey View Post
    air ball...

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can run faster than this bum...and he gets paid way more. He's gonna be with LA until his retirement. His daddy will make sure he is staying in LA

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

What an easy life this guy must have. No pressure at all, no expectations, just move around with your arms up

KingKolzig

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    What an easy life this guy must have. No pressure at all, no expectations, just move around with your arms up
    yes. and he isnt pounding his body like the valuable NBA players are. he will probably live to be 90 and be playing 3 sets of tennis at 85

lovebaseball90
    lovebaseball90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

luke walton is what Brian Scalabrine used to be for the Celtics: a representation of some of the los angeles population. im from LA and have actually met Luke (nice guy, way overpaid) and he's the stereotypical California beach bro.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by brxbmbers42 View Post
    16,000,000+ for a 6pt a night kenyon martin

The Nuggets didn't get Kenyon for his points. He was a ferocious re bounder, and top 5 defender in the league when he got that contract in 2004. His two knee surgery just didn't allow him to live up to his potential. The Nuggets foolishly paid him, hoping it was the Kenyon Martin from Cincinnati when he was a college phenom.

Luke Walton just makes a few millions less and hasn't done jack in college or the pro level. At least Kenyon played at big part in the Net back 2 back finals appearance, and being the leader for the Nuggets now.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

walton is underpaid.....intangibles

myr10
    myr10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

not as bad as eddie curry, $11,530,592 to ride the bench all year

First 1234 Last