madmiek
    Dont hate the player, hate the game
    madmiek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 543

What do you think of people who are fans of several teams?

Is it just me or do you all find people who are fans of several teams of the same league annoying?
    I have a friend who is a big time cowboy fan, but says he is also a huge time fan of the steelers. So when one team is going bad he easily switches to the other. What do you guys think of this?
    Points Awarded:

Rod_M gave madmiek 21 SBR Point(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Bandwagon fans are wiggity-wack.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They are not fans. Like if some guy says he is a fan of Patriots, Lakers, Blackhawks, Giants is basically lying because he wants to show that he likes all winning teams.

You never find one who is a fan of Clippers, Royals and Lions.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Depends on the relationship of the teams.

I'm a diehard Florida State fan but I also root for Iowa State and Oregon.

I'm a Braves fan but I also root for the Twins.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it as the teams hardly (if ever) play each other.

On the other hand, I would find it impossible to respect anybody that roots for two teams that regularly compete against each other or are rivals in the same conference, etc.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

They're called Bi-Polar

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

I think having an opinion of someone based on what sports teams they cheer for is pathetic.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

they have split personalities, theres people u can see about that as long as u dont kill anybody

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Depends on the situation but most of the time they are just on a bandwagon.

madmiek

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    I think having an opinion of someone based on what sports teams they cheer for is pathetic.
    I dont find them as a person annoying, just that part of them.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I'm a fan of many teams, as long as I have money on them.

larrymiller
    larrymiller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'm a Bills fans, but I will always root for the Lions and Vikings to win...I just like Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson.

Doesn't matter, none of them have ever won anything

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

most I would guess are bandwagoners

really hard to have a liking for more than one team that have some sort of meaning ... but it does happen, so depends on situation

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

I am a Packers fan and whoever I have money on haha

madmiek

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    I am a Packers fan and whoever I have money on haha
    bad ass logo

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

They're like bisexuals.

Just pick a damn team and stick with it.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

it's different to be a fan of a few different teams than fans of 2 RIVAL teams.

I am big cowboys fan too, but I hate the Steelers...hate Giants obv.

But I do like the Ravens.

So you can like multiple teams, but it has to make sense.

Like in MLB, I like Yankees and Red Sox....that makes no sense....but to like Yankees and Brewers isn't bad

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

im a fan of nd, bears , blackhawks,bulls, and braves. people always ask why im a braves fan around here when chicago is right next door with the cubs and white sox, truth be told i really have no reason other than i always watched the braves when they were on tbs, and became really fond of the players ( brian mcann , chipper jones, john rocker, gary sheffield ,john smoltz, marcus giles, and of course julio franco) plus that i could never understand how anyone could support a team with a mascot of a baby bear.

madmiek

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    im a fan of nd, bears , blackhawks,bulls, and braves. people always ask why im a braves fan around here when chicago is right next door with the cubs and white sox, truth be told i really have no reason other than i always watched the braves when they were on tbs, and became really fond of the players ( brian mcann , chipper jones, john rocker, gary sheffield ,john smoltz, marcus giles, and of course julio franco) plus that i could never understand how anyone could support a team with a mascot of a baby bear.
    Thats different, what im talking about here is having several teams from the same league. The right thing is to have 1 team from each league and stick with it.
    Lets say im a yankees and red sox fan. I can ride the early red sox bandwagon after the great free agents they got this year, but if they go bad and the yankees are the best team in the league, then i can say im a yankees fan and now ride their bandwagon. lol

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

When you think about it cheering for one team is kind of pathetic.

I mean, it's like admitting you're a topophiliac, that you're persuaded by the meaning of symbols, that you so badly want to belong to an imagined community that you're willing to actually lose respect for someone who isn't willing to commit to the same kind of fanaticism that you are.

You know, if you think about it.

madmiek

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    When you think about it cheering for one team is kind of pathetic.

I mean, it's like admitting you're a topophiliac, that you're persuaded by the meaning of symbols, that you so badly want to belong to an imagined community that you're willing to actually lose respect for someone who isn't willing to commit to the same kind of fanaticism that you are.

You know, if you think about it.
    Ok then im now a fan of every team of every league. That means im undefeated. My teams are always going to turn out champions no matter what.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

thats gay

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

I THINK IT'S WIERD TO ONLY LIKE ONE TEAM.

THOSE PEOPLE ARE CHILDREN AND BEST NOT TO BOTHER.

GO TEAM!!!

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

theres nothing wrong with being fans of different teams. all this fan/loyalty talk is overrated. fans who are only about 1 team to me are idealistic and often not realistic. if my team is not getting it done on the field/court, why cheer for them? because they are the team that belong to the city i live in? or because i used to live in that city? COME ON, is this elementary school or something?

one thing i realized about sports/teams is that is not just about the players or the coach/gm. the biggest factor comes down to the owner. some owners will stay out of the sports side and hire a professional gm to manage his team. however, obviously, people who are THAT wealthy to own a team have a huge ego. most of them can't resist to do their own thing, or hire a new gm, etc.

ultimately what i am getting to is this: why stay loyal to one and only one team especially if the owner is an incompetent owner and your team hasnt had a winning/playoff/contending season in who knows how long? its OUR choice to cheer for who we want. sure some of you here say you are not a real fan. okay sure, im not a real fan of a certain team, but i can promise you i know the team(s) i cheer for/follow as well as the next "real fan." just because you stay "loyal/faithful" to one team, you think you are more of a fan? please!

madmiek

Quote Originally Posted by yurnero View Post
    theres nothing wrong with being fans of different teams. all this fan/loyalty talk is overrated. fans who are only about 1 team to me are idealistic and often not realistic. if my team is not getting it done on the field/court, why cheer for them? because they are the team that belong to the city i live in? or because i used to live in that city? COME ON, is this elementary school or something?

one thing i realized about sports/teams is that is not just about the players or the coach/gm. the biggest factor comes down to the owner. some owners will stay out of the sports side and hire a professional gm to manage his team. however, obviously, people who are THAT wealthy to own a team have a huge ego. most of them can't resist to do their own thing, or hire a new gm, etc.

ultimately what i am getting to is this: why stay loyal to one and only one team especially if the owner is an incompetent owner and your team hasnt had a winning/playoff/contending season in who knows how long? its OUR choice to cheer for who we want. sure some of you here say you are not a real fan. okay sure, im not a real fan of a certain team, but i can promise you i know the team(s) i cheer for/follow as well as the next "real fan." just because you stay "loyal/faithful" to one team, you think you are more of a fan? please!
    I agree about the owners, but other than that if you guys are looking for the definition of a bandwagon rider then this is it.lol

yurnero

Quote Originally Posted by madmiek View Post
    Ok then im now a fan of every team of every league. That means im undefeated. My teams are always going to turn out champions no matter what.
    cool, cheer for the whole league, pretty sure thats why people get nfl sunday ticket or nba league pass. this is a sport, and i cheer for COMPETITION and level of competition, not some grade school idealistic bs about who has the better team. YOU DONT HAVE A TEAM, you are just a freaking regular civilian, DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU DO/SAY/THINK has no effect EVER on the team you are cheering for? no one cares about how "your" team has won 5 superbowls, because honestly, what does that mean for you? the owner doesnt care if you stop watching or buying tickets or supporting the team because he is a BILLIONARE and he will be okay without your measly support.

i have a home team (i'm from houston), but especially now since i bet on many teams, the teams i really like are the one's that make me money. cheer for a good game/ exciting plays, thats about it.

yurnero

Quote Originally Posted by madmiek View Post
    I agree about the owners, but other than that if you guys are looking for the definition of a bandwagon rider then this is it.lol
    yeah bandwagon/fairweather fan, thats me according to the definitions used. i dont see it being in negative light however... its like what your status says "dont hate the player, hate the game"

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4972

I am a fan of only one team per league, but I hate several per.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

never bothered me, I do not give a fuk what people do unless it is on a forum here at SBR

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Like anything, it all depends on the reasons. I don't think people that cheer for multiple teams aren't real fans, only if they change those teams every year because they are front runner bandwagon douchebags.

I live in North Carolina and like most people around here, grew up a Redskins fan, as back then they were considered the "local team." Then in '95 we got the Panthers. So I became a Panthers fan. I went to school at NCSU at the same time as Philip Rivers, so I also root for the Chargers. But I have a priority: 1) Panthers 2) Chargers 3) Redskins. And some years I'll root for other teams if they have a coach or player or a mentality I just like. I pulled for the Warner/Faulk/Torry Holt (NCSU) Rams a lot whenever they weren't playing my teams. Right now I'm pulling for he Jets. Partly because I hate the Pats, but also because of Jerrico Cotchery (NCSU).

It depends on the reasoning. If someone likes a team just because they win, well then they are probably a schmuck.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

First and foremost I love the game and usually that means liking players from several different teams.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

Not a fan of any team. I understand why people are loyal to one team but it's just not for me.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I hate obnoxious Steelers fans. Especially this time of the year. They're like cockroaches. Every white-trash 'dirty' is a Steelers fan, and each and every one of them got something Steelers for Christmas and it's the only thing they wear. Toothless Mullet Nation.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

One team per league, no exceptions!

I'm originally from Boston...so enough said.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I hate obnoxious Steelers fans. Especially this time of the year. They're like cockroaches. Every white-trash 'dirty' is a Steelers fan, and each and every one of them got something Steelers for Christmas and it's the only thing they wear. Toothless Mullet Nation.
    So how do you really feel, Dad?

peppy1996
    peppy1996's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm basically one team per sport except baseball, where I like the Orioles and Mets. Basketball-Knicks, Hockey-Rangers, Football-Bills. Haven't changed a favorite team since 1972.

12 Last