EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Terrelle Pryor to the NFL: I Said It

Just putting this out here because I want to be remembered as a savant ... or idiot. Probably just idiot, but I read into what Jim Tressel said .... immediately following the game when he's getting interviewed, he says first up that Pryor "will make a great player at the next level." Why would you even say that? Emotion of the moment? Maybe. But, I think the whole company line about how the suspended players all said they would come back next year and serve their suspensions, so they were allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl is absolute horse shit.

I want props when Pryor declares for the draft. I think they have like a week, right? Anywho. You can let this thread die when I'm wrong, but if the world spins counter clockwise and I am right ... p-rops.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I do believe you're right. I also think Herron will. Herron is very explosive and may make a solid NFL back.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I agree too.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He's long gone

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Did anyone catch what pryor said in his interview on field right after the game when asked about this?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Very Poor Man's Mike Vick

that's all he'll ever be. Bet he has injury problems too his whole career. Smaller and quicker JaMarcuss Russell you watch

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

He basically said no comment. I think he is going to say screw you NCAA and I agree with him. I thought that was blackmail anyways. I think the coach made a mistake by telling this to the public.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    He basically said no comment. I think he is going to say screw you NCAA and I agree with him. I thought that was blackmail anyways. I think the coach made a mistake by telling this to the public.
    Thanks

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

he will never play a snap at qb in nfl unless a major injury by a starter

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Ttaylor,

You have Charlie Whitehurst starting for a team it is possible that Pryor could be also. You have had some really bad quarterbacks this season starting even in the playoffs.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

but he pledged!! hahaah jk

no acclaim because everyone thinks hes coming out....feel free to be the only one who thinks hes staying.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

I have never seen someone run away from defenders so effortlessly..

too bad he will never be a good QB...

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

probably should have watched the post game conference

Pryor: "I don't think I'm really ready for the NFL. ... (I have) better decision-making I have to make on and off the field. "

he has said all year he was coming back for his senior season...

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

that was before he got a 6 or 7 game suspension for his senior year. i thought he as coming back before that. then tressell made him pledge he'd come back next year to be able to play in this bowl game. so he did it. what else is he suppose to say right after the game?

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL @ this Pryor leaving early talk. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he did declare because the guy SERIOUSLY thinks he's the next Tom Brady, but even with the suspension coming up next season, declaring would be the dumbest move for him. There's a good chance the guy won't even be drafted, at least not as a QB. If someone did take him, it would be late in the draft and the team that drafts him would probably draft him with the intentions of moving him to a different position. The guy is a tremendous athlete, but his passing skills are still so raw, and after 3 years at OSU, they don't look like they will improve to the level needed to be even remotely successful at the next level.

Last night's game highlights perfectly the contrast of a NFL caliber prototypical QB like Mallett and a raw college level run first QB like Pryor. You can see Mallett throwing to spots accurately and with anticipation(throwing to receivers/or spot before they get open). OSU plays a lot on nat tv, so I've seen a lot of OSU games and rarely if ever see Pryor throw with anticipation. His deep balls are just ugly and the ones that are caught are more due to good adjustments made by the WR. Another thing that terrifies scouts is the fact that he pulls the ball down and looks to run at the first sign of pressure. Good NFL defenses will keep him in the pocket and he will need to learn to stay and step up in the pocket and go through his progressions instead of looking to run at the first inkling of pressure. Even with the suspension, Pryor will be returning next year. That will be clear when an NFL advisory group tells him he will be a late round pick.

kings12
    kings12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

It makes sense because if he does enter the draft, he could start playing immediately for his new team in the NFL.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is injury prone and not built for a qb

Not strong enough

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

He'll be nothing more than another Troy Smith.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

He needs another year at OSU before he even considers being good enough for the NFL.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone thinking about Pryor not being drafted high when he comes out ... two words, Vince Young. Young couldn't hit the broad side of a barn passing-wise when he came out of UT. I think Pryor is ahead of Young as a passer when Young came out. Young's stats from his last year and Pryor's from this past year are very similar. Young parlayed a huge Rose Bowl into a high draft pick. Pryor has had two solid "big games" in bowl games now .... I agree he shouldn't come out, but he'll be one of the top QBs picked based on athleticism alone.

Justa Buck
    Justa Buck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pryor isn't good enough yet

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish I knew you all better or lived near you so I could take your money on this.

Pryor will be back. Forget everything else...do you think it would be wise for him to enter a draft with Luck, Mallet, Newton, Gabbert, etc

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    probably should have watched the post game conference Pryor: "I don't think I'm really ready for the NFL. ... (I have) better decision-making I have to make on and off the field. " he has said all year he was coming back for his senior season...

i hope he comes back and gets a career ending injury before he becomes a millionaire for nothing

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Mallet needs another year :/

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Yeah it will be hilarious if they slap Tressel in the face and Pryor, Posey and Herron all declare for the NFL draft. I just want them to do that to basically say screw you to the NCAA.

Don Giovanni
    Don Giovanni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I don't think Pryor will come out just because of the class of QBs that will enter this year's draft...Luck, Pryor, Gabbert, Locker, Mallett, Kaepernick, and the list goes on. He also has injury issues which will only get exacerbated playing against NFL caliber players.

While Vince Young can be looked at as an example of a player parlaying a nice college career into a hefty contract, he is also a strong reason for teams to be extremely cautious in drafting a running QB with a high draft pick.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

He should not come out. Keeping his pledge will earn him $$. Play the Mike Vick transformation card after suspension. Too many QB's this year also. This year 3rd or 4th round pick. Next year, potentially a first rounder.

Mattn3236
    Mattn3236's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's a no brainer. He will not be going back and sweater vest knows this as well.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is injury prone and not built for a qb

Not strong enough
    Never has missed a game buddy... And not strong enough...WOW. Him not being able to throw is the problem, but he has a perfect body for a QB. He should make a good WR.

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Anyone thinking about Pryor not being drafted high when he comes out ... two words, Vince Young. Young couldn't hit the broad side of a barn passing-wise when he came out of UT. I think Pryor is ahead of Young as a passer when Young came out. Young's stats from his last year and Pryor's from this past year are very similar. Young parlayed a huge Rose Bowl into a high draft pick. Pryor has had two solid "big games" in bowl games now .... I agree he shouldn't come out, but he'll be one of the top QBs picked based on athleticism alone.
    And what just happened to VY. The guy is about to be cut. The success rate of these athletic run first QBs in the NFL is extremely low. These type of QBs just don't seem to get the "I'm the best athlete on the field and I'll just outrun everyone" part of them out of their psyche and it hinders their development as NFL passers. Then when they find out they simply can't outrun the bigger and faster defenders at the NFL level, their lack of passing skills and defense reading abilities put them on the fast track to NFL bust land. But of course, there is always the possibility of some team taking a chance like McDaniels did with a project like Tebow. Though, it shouldn't surprise anyone that McDaniels is now out of a job.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I never once believed him. How can you take him at his word?

Hexum
    Hexum's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nyed1010 View Post
    And what just happened to VY. The guy is about to be cut. The success rate of these athletic run first QBs in the NFL is extremely low. These type of QBs just don't seem to get the "I'm the best athlete on the field and I'll just outrun everyone" part of them out of their psyche and it hinders their development as NFL passers. Then when they find out they simply can't outrun the bigger and faster defenders at the NFL level, their lack of passing skills and defense reading abilities put them on the fast track to NFL bust land. But of course, there is always the possibility of some team taking a chance like McDaniels did with a project like Tebow. Though, it shouldn't surprise anyone that McDaniels is now out of a job.
    Tebow is gonna work hard to get better...others dont, thats why i think Tebow can actually be a starting QB in the NFL

Broncos go atleast 8-8 next year

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

if pryor goes to the NFL he will be the 4th best quarterback in this years draft at best. if he has any sense and at times it looks like he does not. he will play another year.

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

dude can't even throw a spiral???? and he's the 4th best QB? I wouldn't take him if my life depended on it.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

he's just a lesser version of cam newton, there are only so many teams in the nfl, even if he gets drafted, he's never gonna be first string

12 Last