CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by Colt View Post
    I had an Ivy League education,
    UPenn is a second-rate school

Just cause it's technically an Ivy don't mean it's something u should be bragging about bro

just a heads up

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The more money you go in with Colt the better chance you have because of line manipulation, can you imagine if this guy pulls this off?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The more money you go in with Colt the better chance you have because of line manipulation, can you imagine if this guy pulls this off?

what going on here gold? Brock taking hits so you jump ship and latch on to the next person to tout

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a tough crowd. I believe the consensus is that it's not as easy as it looks.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

can we hope he fails also????

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    UPenn is a second-rate school

Just cause it's technically an Ivy don't mean it's something u should be bragging about bro

just a heads up
    UPenn is an absolutely fabulous school.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

BTW are you actually a female and interested in sports? I'm available since my wife left me
    I am, and I am.

Best of luck again!

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    UPenn is an absolutely fabulous school.

second-rate bro

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You are introducing yourself by admitting you are a failure in everything you did in your life despite having a great education and family and you are attempting to promote your new business here. Do you see a problem with this strategy?
    Sounds like our new friend Colt has all the potential to be a perfect fit at SBR.

CarpeDime

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You are introducing yourself by admitting you are a failure in everything you did in your life despite having a great education and family and you are attempting to promote your new business here. Do you see a problem with this strategy?

dude we are not eligible to invest with him

He's not coming to broke internet fuks for capital, he's coming to us for our opinions

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

well he wont be getting any business from any of us which means he won't get shit

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

dude we are not eligible to invest with him

He's not coming to broke internet fuks for capital, he's coming to us for our opinions
    Would you like the fireman that comes to save your house which is engulfed in flames to announce over the siren that the last 3 houses he attempted to put out all burned to the ground?

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a joke!!!!

Every guy on this forum has been a sports fan/played sports their entire life and 99% are losers when it comes to gambling on sports.

if you do not understand anything about how books make money, when/why lines move, and the hundreds of other skills which are required in this game to beat the books than you have no place considering this and need to stick to the stock market. You need at least 5 years worth of gambling experience before it is worth risking your own money let alone risking other peoples money.

How many people do you know who make a living off of sports wagering?????? EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! you are better off offering a hedge fund investing in poker tournaments.

Furthermore how do you run a hedge fund when you are playing in an illegal market?????????

Colt
    Hedge Fund Manager
    Colt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    This is a joke!!!!

Every guy on this forum has been a sports fan/played sports their entire life and 99% are losers when it comes to gambling on sports.

if you do not understand anything about how books make money, when/why lines move, and the hundreds of other skills which are required in this game to beat the books than you have no place considering this and need to stick to the stock market. You need at least 5 years worth of gambling experience before it is worth risking your own money let alone risking other peoples money.

How many people do you know who make a living off of sports wagering?????? EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! you are better off offering a hedge fund investing in poker tournaments.

Furthermore how do you run a hedge fund when you are playing in an illegal market?????????
    Nothing is official yet. I'm not running anything as of right now. Investigating it.

I am going to have to talk to my lawyer.

Boner_18
    Update your status

second-rate bro
    That is simply preposterous. It is a top 10 school by any metric. No matter how hair brained this "hedge fund" scheme is, it cannot be disputed that UPenn is an absolutely phenomenal school. You crazy man.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Nothing is official yet. I'm not running anything as of right now. Investigating it.

I am going to have to talk to my lawyer.
    I'll save you the trouble. See post #2.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Thanks for the advice, shari. I have knowledge about sports. Played them growing up. Have always watched games when I have the chance. I just don't have an extensive sports gambling career.

I think I can obtain the knowledge required to create a hedge fund. It's a statistical based approach, not knowledge of the teams and players.

BTW are you actually a female and interested in sports? I'm available since my wife left me
    I would fade you to the very end Colt. Wait hold on you might not know what that means ...............

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

My guess is that some hedge fund managers are actually heavy sports bettors but can't sell such a market to their clients. Therefore, they gamble in financial markets (stock, bonds, interest rates, derivatives, currency, options, etc.) because it's legal and people can't technically set limits on your wagers.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

What the hell happened? I thought it was so easy, my first five years in the industry I was on fire and thought I could do no wrong. I got a big head and I paid the price.

After seeing some news reports about a sports betting hedge fund, I began to look over some numbers. I have experience managing money and sports sounds like a field that is impossible to lose in.
    Remember that kind of thinking is what made you bust in the first place...

michalis
    michalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok out of curiosity

lets say a gambling hedge fund exists, it would need to put down large amounts of money on every pick

what bookmaker would accept such high amount wagers? especially on the long run if it ends up being successful

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not promoting my new business here. I'm just discussing it and seeking opinions.

I am not looking for any customers here. I'm not interested in managing pennies. If I were, then I'd seek customers here.
    For a guy who lost everything.... you may want to start with pennies.

What person in their right mind is going to pony up their cash in this economy on a losing hedge fund manager, alcoholic----with no sports gambling experience whatsoever?

MastaB
    MastaB's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is the maximum deposit that you will take?

Shit Bernie was only offering 10%! This could be revolutionary. I just need to get in and out quick.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

A pipe dream is a fantastic hope or plan that is generally regarded as being nearly impossible to achieve.

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

investor
    Chicks jumpin my whip like a moshpit
    investor's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a joke..

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should you come up with a million dollars to play with, how do you work that efficiently between books who only accept $3,000 max wagers?

What books will you deal with?

How long (assuming you are actually winning) will it be before books cut your max wagers to $500?

Honestly, no offense but his is not the stock market and you know nothing of this market if winning money betting money on sports is so easy than do it with your own money and go buy a couple of yachts or something.

Your implementation that it is simple to win money betting on sports is insulting to those who have spent 10+ years in this market, especially coming from someone who knows nothing about sports gambling. I suggest you spend at least 1 year gambling with your own money before you F people over on this silly idea.

I read that it is simple to make a hundred grand a year selling crap on bay, should I go ahead and quit my day job now since it is so simple? why is it that everybody is not doing this?

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Where do I sign up? Email me at ImTappinYourExWifesAss@jjgold.com

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

You are one funny dude, EI.
    On a slightly unrelated note, I'm starting to believe that Colt = JJ.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Where do I sign up? Email me at ImTappinYourExWifesAss@jjgold.com

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

first of all there are many dudes OUTSIDE of america doing this, i know these guys well

http://www.centaurcorporate.com/

the one interesting element about funds of this nature is they are NOT CONNECTED to the financial markets

i am NOT condoning using this dude is any shape or form

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

second-rate bro
    dude we are not eligible to invest with him He's not coming to broke internet fuks for capital, he's coming to us for our opinions

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

At big books you can make large wagers, I am assuming also he is very familiar with credit as you use it (margin) in the finacial world.

I would think he would eventually have large credit accounts at top places, beards to set up accounts at smaller books and some accounts in Vegas. I would think this guy did not just think of this.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

So who are we going long on......And who are we shorting.....Good luck.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

scam dont trust this idiot

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

After seeing some news reports about a sports betting hedge fund, I began to look over some numbers. I have experience managing money and sports sounds like a field that is impossible to lose in.
    "Sounds" good enough is not enough when asking people to invest money and when somebody starts saying its "impossible to lose", guaranteeing a lock, its not a good look.

First 1234 Last