slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

http://amp.usatoday.com/story/99695830/

Enjoy this one boys. These chicks not realize that nobody wants to watch women's hockey? It's no different than NBA vs WNBA. No viewers, no ratings, no advertisers, no money. Are they supposed to take money from the men to pay from this? I say let em boycott, nobody cares about that shit anyway.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

its unfortunate that these women who are some of the best at what they do get so little recognition but yeah..... noone really gives a fuk about women sports. i think i heard the men will only boycot if usa hockey uses replacement players. they should just let the women sit out all together so the men will still come out

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Just pay em what the men get paid. Not like it's a big deal. If not, just find scrubs to play if it doesn't matter

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22668

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Just pay em what the men get paid. Not like it's a big deal. If not, just find scrubs to play if it doesn't matter
    Olympic Mens hockey makes a ton of money, Women not even close. Thus no dough for the girls. It's fair.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Same shit different sport. It seems none of these women grasp the concept of basic economics. Just because we have title 9 laws doesn't mean people are actually going to watch their product. If they want to be paid then find a way to make people want to watch their league or sport. Bitching about it and boycotting isn't going to do anything for them.

I love that NCAA commercial for women. How it ends "genders don't play sports, athletes do". Its almost like it they are trying to throw us a guilty trip for not caring. He is an idea, "contracts don't pay for themselves, ratings and tickets sales do".

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Womens hockey? I would rather watch ping pong.