daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What is your favorite device for TV streaming? Roku, Fire, Vue other?

Thinking about going this route.

Need sports options

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

none

too many issues

Nothing like TV reception although I rarely watch because too educated

Pricing all basically the same now when you compare comparable channels

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Thinking about going this route.
    Need sports options
    Dane - you need to be more specific. What are you trying to do? Are you trying to steam sports from sites that you have paid for or are you looking at getting free (illegal) streams?

I have Tivo with Xfinity Cable and it is awesome. I have DVR's in every room that can search and watch cable TV, stream Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Amazon, Youtube, Xfinity on Demand, HBO Go, among many others. It's the only box I know (even over the Roku) that can do these searches. So if I want to find a movie, I can type in my search and it will find it from multiple sources. Tivo also has Plex where I can view movies and listen to music on my NAS home storage server. Tivo is so easy to use that my kids at 3 years old could find her shows/movies. Any other type of device will have you become a tech support for your wife and kids.

Roku is the next easiest but you can't watch your cable tv. I also have Dishnet satellite that I have a good deal with movie channels and I buy PPVs for boxing and UFC.

If you want illegal streams - PPVs, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA, movies, networks, etc., then it's either IPTV that you can pay a little bit of money to get multiple channels or KODI which is free. It's a bit of a learning curve for both but you can basically find anything with Kodi. If I wanted to find old episodes of Happy Days, I can use Kodi to go to a stream site and search for TV shows.

So back to the main question. What are you trying to do?
    Points Awarded:

daneblazer gave Mac4Lyfe 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'm Basically a level zero at this...

we have had Comcast or direct tv and watch like 10 channels. It's a waste. I think you answered a lot there, I just looked at PS Vue or Sling. It has most of what we want and can use and can use something like Netflix for the rest

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

10 channels then shop around

compare the 10 channels you like with Roku, ect and then your cable provider

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I'm Basically a level zero at this...
    we have had Comcast or direct tv and watch like 10 channels. It's a waste. I think you answered a lot there, I just looked at PS Vue or Sling. It has most of what we want and can use and can use something like Netflix for the rest
    I believe Sling is still running a promotion where you can get a free Roku stick.

Sling TV.com is offering a Free 2016 Roku Streaming Stick when you prepay for One-Month of Sling TV Service for $20.

If you have an extra computer, you can also install Kodi and play with thata bit as well.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

KODI is free and you get any tv movie or sports you want.

Only downside to sports is that you are usually on a 5-10 second delay... could be an issue if you live bet.

you can run kodi off ANY ANDRIOD device with a quad core processor. or any WINDOWS PC.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I would be interested in hearing about the PS Vue. We have Comcast and my wife is always on my case about the price.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

If you are looking to cut the cord and just go with a basic TV service, I would think Roku or Play Station would be your best bets. For Kodi you need a decent processor - I would go with Amazon TV or a generic Android box if you don't want to hook your laptop up to the tube.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

buddy travels all over the world, I'm not sure what he has but he said as long as he access to an HDMI cable he plugs it into the small box and gets all the channels, does that make sense?