View Poll Results: Are you more or less of a fan of JOHN WAYNE after watching this?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • More of a fan

22 78.57%
  • Less of a fan

6 21.43%
    cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Was about to make the same point dane, different era. Most of us would all think and talk the same way coming from where he did and the time he was born. Ignorant yes it seems that way now but that was the norm then.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guy nailed it years ago

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

No change...finding out somebody born who was before WWI had racist views isnt really surprising.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Of course the token homos we have here on SBR don't like John Wayne. No surprise there.

How ironic that the guys who cried like a bitch that a woman isn't their President don't like a man's man like the Duke.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

stop the whinin' and belly-achin'......

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

All it takes is a sense of humanity and awareness to not be racist, era shouldnt have anything to do with it. Not all whites were racist during those times. If youre not a zombie, have some sense of morality, and can think for yourself then you wont run with the herd. Not much different than 10-15 years ago how many would feel about say homosexual marriage or gays in general, today an overwhelming majority hacw changed their minds on such, same generation, but it always starts with a phony movement by the handlers and fed to us through media and hollywood and the herd follows along not wanting to feel alienated and outcasted by political correctness.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    "I don't believe you should look back whine and bellyache or try to hold someone else guilt for everything (that happened)."

well he's right on that

In other news, big surprise a depression child who grew up in the WW2 era is a little racist

lets just give that generation a mulligan on that
    He was born in 1907 he was a grown man in the depression.

There are different races of people that have different Tendencies just like dogs.

We are all different it's just the facts of life.

Auto Donk

well, i agree with a lot of what he said, and i'm no racist..... the first woman that ever laid me back on a bed, jumped up on top of me, reverse-cowgirl baseball cather's position, and slammed her beautiful bubble-butt ass up and down on my rod, jacker hammering away, was a beautiful black babe I picked up at Cooter's on Richmond in H-town back during spring break in 1985.....

still remember the white capri pants and yellow spaghetti-strap top she wore at the club, and the vision of that ass pounding away for five straight minutes til I bred her, as if it was just last night.....

the twenty-thirty other beautiful black babes that came and went, literally, between 1985 and 2007, also prove my love of all races, and my crank's acceptance of multi-culturalism.....
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Auto Donk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SharpAngles gave Auto Donk 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

I predict a yuge comeback for The Duke when 9 to 5 ers wake up

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

John Wayne alright but he's got nothing on Clint Eastwood

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3523

Mac4Life so your saying John Wayne is a flamer,funny how much of a bigot you really are,its always the self righteous Liberals that show their true colours.

And where did you get this crap about Elvis being a bigot.

shadymcgrady

Who cares if john Wayne was gay it's 2017, he could be a chick tomorrow. Brock Hudson was gay and he was the image that cartoonists and sketch artists created superman in. The symbol of America for kids from 1930 up to the 70s

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Any racist comments were probably mostly made and quoted back in the 60's and 70's.. Racial tensions were high on both sides back then, black panthers and rioting were in full effect.. Blacks hated whites, whites were getting fed up with the ghetto blacks.. Kinda like what we were seeing when Obama left office..

Different times back then anyways.. John Wayne and Elvis were American icons.. Seemed like good guys on the outside and for the most part, but who knows a true mans heart and what went on behind closed doors?

Both are dead, move on, who cares?

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Who cares if john Wayne was gay it's 2017, he could be a chick tomorrow. Brock Hudson was gay and he was the image that cartoonists and sketch artists created superman in. The symbol of America for kids from 1930 up to the 70s
    What Wayne did behind closed doors is his business,but I don't like when people that call other people bigots are being hypocrites themselves by calling people flamers,pisses me off abit.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Who is Brock Hudson.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    What Wayne did behind closed doors is his business,but I don't like when people that call other people bigots are being hypocrites and calling people flamers,pisses me off abit.
    All good packerd u seem like good peeps, not worth it to get riled up on a forum imo. Can't expect everyone to share the same views or tendencies just enjoy the lunacy
    Points Awarded:

packerd_00 gave shadymcgrady 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

packerd_00

All good packerd u seem like good peeps, not worth it to get riled up on a forum imo. Can't expect everyone to share the same views or tendencies just enjoy the lunacy
    Cheers Shady,same to you mate.

And yeah it definetly isn't worth the aggro,your rigjht their.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    well, i agree with a lot of what he said, and i'm no racist..... the first woman that ever laid me back on a bed, jumped up on top of me, reverse-cowgirl baseball cather's position, and slammed her beautiful bubble-butt ass up and down on my rod, jacker hammering away, was a beautiful black babe I picked up at Cooter's on Richmond in H-town back during spring break in 1985.....

still remember the white capri pants and yellow spaghetti-strap top she wore at the club, and the vision of that ass pounding away for five straight minutes til I bred her, as if it was just last night.....

the twenty-thirty other beautiful black babes that came and went, literally, between 1985 and 2007, also prove my love of all races, and my crank's acceptance of multi-culturalism.....

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Who is Brock Hudson.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

If you're hate'n on the Duke -

packerd_00

Favourite John Wayne film,mine would probably have to be The Searchers

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    If you're hate'n on the Duke -

George Washington McClintock.....

used to have this video down at the ranch, play it every night for the boys in camp, and generally all went to sleep by it on its second play through....

can recite every line it word by word....

"no more whisky, we gome home now"

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Who is Brock Hudson.
    He was Rock's lesser known younger brother. He was a flamer and an alcoholic compulsive gambler with a strange quirk of always wearing yellow shirts. As if his luck wasn't bad enough to begin with it totally ran out when he was strolling along one day with an unnamed tranny prostitute and was fatally struck by a stray tire.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

A great native Iowan

He's spot on!!!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Plenty of people in Hollywood still feel that way, but if you say something like that nowadays it's career suicide.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    damit boy . you sure full oh hate . is that why you so racist ?
    Hey dumbass... I was quoting the lyrics of a song. I won't even spell it out for you because you're too lazy to figure it out on your own. Damn the stupidity on this site knows no bounds.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I would say comparing how a guy plays a game and trying to deface a person that is deceased would be two different things. But again, what the guy believed and how he chose to live his life has no effect on me. I watched his movies growing up and like them. Outside his western persona I could careless how he spent his free time.
    How do you deface a guy by using his own words? You have stated similar beliefs and you live in Montana lol. what black people are complaining to you?? I always hear you complaining about them.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Mac4Life so your saying John Wayne is a flamer,funny how much of a bigot you really are,its always the self righteous Liberals that show their true colours.
    And where did you get this crap about Elvis being a bigot.
    First of all, I don't give a shit if John Wayne was gay, straight, what have you. I was merely posting quotes of other people. I do not have an opinion of the man because I did not know him. I liked his movies and that's about it. Many people say he was racists, chauvinists, wife beater, many people said he was gay. I would not know as I never knew him. You can look up all the claims of him being gay and frequenting gay clubs back in the day. He was close to John Ford who Maureen O'hara said was bisexual. Wayne and Ford supposedly would size up young boys when during screen tests to get their next conquests. There were rumors of Wayne with Clarke Gable and then Montgomery Cliff. There were also rumors of him wearing woman's clothes. So what? Many of Hollywood leading men were and are gay. Means nothing to me.

When did I say Elvis was a bigot? I was quoting lyrics in a song. The guys who wrote the lyrics later on apologized for saying it. Elvis probably had more black friends than white. He use to go to a black church. His entire band and dancers were mostly black. I didn't know Elvis either so I would not know.

You guys need to get out and listen to more music.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I was merely posting quotes of other people. I do not have an opinion of the man because I did not know him.
    Oh come on when someone posts a quote they are doing it because they agree with it unless otherwise stated in that post, even you aren't this dense.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    How do you deface a guy by using his own words?
    Pretty sure he was referring to the gay stuff

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Oh come on when someone posts a quote they are doing it because they agree with it unless otherwise stated in that post, even you aren't this dense.
    Wrong again Shitlock Homey. Are you ever right? How many alters do you need to come up with in hopes of getting it right eventually? People quote stupid shit from stupid people all the time. It does not mean they agree with it. You can find people quoting Hitler, Charles Manson even Dr. Seuss. It does not mean you have to agree with them.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I was never a John Wayne fan before watching this.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Wrong again Shitlock Homey. Are you ever right? How many alters do you need to come up with in hopes of getting it right eventually? People quote stupid shit from stupid people all the time. It does not mean they agree with it. You can find people quoting Hitler, Charles Manson even Dr. Seuss. It does not mean you have to agree with them.

That's cute. You posted several humorous memes. Which one of those is an actual quote like the one you posted? Oh wait you meant it as a joke and it doesn't reflect your opinion about John Wayne and in fact you voted you are more of a fan, right? And no you can't find people quoting Hitler or Charles Manson without attribution and explanation if they don't agree with what the quote is. You're being ridiculous and desperately searching for a "razor blades in her hands" excuse to bail you out.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Auto Donk you got taken in by fake news again.

John Wayne was never gay.

This article is a lie, and so are most of the comments. It is sad when slander like this takes root on the internet. There is no film historian named Kevin Brownwing, and there was never any book named "The Golden Grope – A History of Hollywood Harassment" by Little Dick Ltd. The first instance of this slander I've seen is from 2002. http://thesleaze.co.uk/hollywoodsex.html from there, the lies were repeated and even embellished on other websites. The real film historian whose name was botched is Kevin Brownlow, who never wrote anything like this.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    This will be the most lopsided poll in SBR history.

Hell, a head shot of John Wayne will probably appear above the logo by tomorrow.
    His rooster size: O/U 8 inches?

First 123 Last