TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why Isn't Stan Van Gundy Fired? Too Much Talent To Not Make The Playoffs

I don't know where you put the blame? But these players don't listen to Van Gundy.

Drummond... guy should be having SHAQ-LIKE numbers... should dominate the game like SHAQ use to... and the guy makes the oddest mistakes at times. Misses 4 foot shots... sucks at free throws. Also has hairy ass shoulders. Guy should spend more time getting his shoulders waxed. Really disappointed in this dude.

Jackson... Is this Michonne's brother from The Walking Dead? Again... too much talent.... guy can drive the lane and play the 2 man game with Drummond... but they seem to fuk that up 7 out of 10 times. These 2 should be in-sync on every play. Don't understand why they aren't?

Marcus Morris... guy is either hot or ice cold. Never has an avg game. Guy should post up more... he should play pissed off... he would score more... and draw more fouls. But nope... another guy who has issues.

Caldwell-Pope... Don't understand why this guy can't be a slasher? He's quick... typically not afraid of contact. Settles for outside shots too often. Guy has to get involved more.

Tobias Harris... It's kind of sad that he's the leading scorer for the Pistons. Doesn't make ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER. Great player... but no way he should be the leading scorer... something definitely wrong here.

Jon Leuer... Where in the hell did they dig this guy up from? Wish this guy had better hands down low... and could draw contact to get to the line. Just another scared white boy.

Again.... I could go on and on.... But Van Gundy should be fired. He's the head coach and President of Basketball Operations. Well... he should give up coaching.... because he doesn't understand how to make these guys win.

Tom Gores made a mistake giving Van Gundy duel positions.

Forget this sh#$... I'm rooting for Milwaukee. Jason Kidd way better coach. Piss on this sh#$.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

you can't be serious. drummond only player on team will ever see an all star game. and will never start. comparing him to shaq?? First ballot hof and top ten of all time/most dominant big man since Wilt. The Bucks have drafted much better and will be a force in the east in coming years. Who in the top 8 are they better than? Charlotte, NYK, and Bulls have better talent and worse records. Van Gundy doing a good job with what he has.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He has been terrible his whole career

loser

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16119

SVG is not the problem. Ask people in OKC what they think of R.Jackson -he is the problem imo. Drummond like Shaq?! In what way? -D.Howard more like. Disagree with your assessment of KCP - fine 2-way player - and Leuer as well.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

The problem starts with detroit giving Reggie Jackson that ridiculous contact then continues with acquiring one of the team cancer Morris twins and then onto benching their best young up and comer in Stanley johnson to start another poor signing in perennial loser Tobias Harris

One of those scenarios where an initial lie is followed up by subsequent lies to protect the first one. Reggie Jackson was that initial lie the rest is following suit
    Last edited by shadymcgrady; 03-22-17 at 08:16 AM.

TheMoneyShot

If Drummond is great... and KCP is great.... then how in the fuk do you lose in Brooklyn?

Drummond needs to stop worrying about his teeth... and play some fukking REAL DETROIT BASKETBALL.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

You lost me when you said Andre Drummond could dominate anything the way Shaq did

jjgold

NBA nowadays you need fresh young coaches

Players do not listen to old guys anymore, same in college

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    NBA nowadays you need fresh young coaches

Players do not listen to old guys anymore, same in college
    Rick Carlisle? Terry Stotts? Arguably the two best coaches in the league right now.

IBetYou

Mike D'Antoni another oldie working wonders.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    You lost me when you said Andre Drummond could dominate anything the way Shaq did
    I think Drummond is a woman to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post

Rick Carlisle? Terry Stotts? Arguably the two best coaches in the league right now.
    You just said 2 more coaches who should be fired! Stotts is a joke.... Carlisle is washed up. Horrible year for Cuban. I hope the fans turn their backs on them in Dallas.

Detroit Red Wings... another joke fukking team.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

its Detroit so no one really cares

TheMoneyShot

Just an absolute disgrace

Pick up basketball at the park plays better defense than these fuks

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I agree with alot. I stopped betting Detroit when I saw them losing to teams at home badly. Dont like the way Jackson plays, he has talent just doesnt play basketball the right way if you ask me. I dont like watching Pistons play so I hardly ever view them these days. As far as Drummond goes, this is his 5th year in the league, he's still only 23, just because he's big doesnt mean he's gonna be an offensive force, he gets ya 15 and 14 every night and he only plays 30 minutes a game, not sure what more one would want out of him. The rest of the team just doesnt seem like they gel or something, they just dont play basketball the right way to me, lotta jump shots too.
    Last edited by jtoler; 03-22-17 at 07:38 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    If Drummond is great... and KCP is great.... then how in the fuk do you lose in Brooklyn?

Drummond needs to stop worrying about his teeth... and play some fukking REAL DETROIT BASKETBALL.
    WTF are you talking about?

Drummond "great"?

KCP "great"?

Good god

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I agree with alot. I stopped betting Detroit when I saw them losing to teams at home badly. Dont like the way Jackson plays, he has talent just doesnt play basketball the right way if you ask me. I dont like watching Pistons play so I hardly ever view them these days. As far as Drummond goes, this is his 5th year in the league, he's still only 23, just because he's big doesnt mean he's gonna be an offensive force, he gets ya 15 and 14 every night and he only plays 30 minutes a game, not sure what more one would want out of him. The rest of the team just doesnt seem like they gel or something, they just dont play basketball the right way to me, lotta jump shots too.
    Jackson is a loser who plays zero D.

Drummond is one of the most overrated players in the league.

This team is what it is: at best, a .500 squad who really has no business being in the playoffs but might sneak in anyway.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Jackson is a loser who plays zero D.

Drummond is one of the most overrated players in the league.

This team is what it is: at best, a .500 squad who really has no business being in the playoffs but might sneak in anyway.
    I honestly really havent seen Drummond play alot, just going by the stats, 15 and 14 in 30 minutes, Im sure nobody else does that in the league.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I honestly really havent seen Drummond play alot, just going by the stats, 15 and 14 in 30 minutes, Im sure nobody else does that in the league.
    He has zero offensive game, and is probably the worst FT shooter in league history. No joke.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Monroe played better d. Lol

burmaldo
    burmaldo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3642

KCP is an above average player in today's NBA because he's a good 3 and D player that every team is looking for. With that said he's going to be massively overpaid this summer by someone. Drummond stinks. Doesnt do anything special. He's a massive man so generally gets a lot of rebounds and is easy to throw alleyoops to out of the PnR because he's so big and athletic. This doesn't outweigh the negatives he brings imo

IBetYou

No defense tonight.

IBetYou

Bulls announcers hammering 'disengaged' Drummond.

IBetYou

I still blame the pg. Every possession he's involved in - most! - is trash, and it sucks the life out of the team.

TheMoneyShot

You could practically wager blindly against Detroit and you'd be + money at the end of the year. That's how ungodly bad Detroit is.

I'm tired of seeing commercials for the New Little Caesars Arena... "FANS GET YOUR SEASON TICKETS NOW!!!"

The more and more I've gambled the past 15+ years of my life... the more I see the business side to everything. Regular fans don't see what we do. Absolute whoresh#$.

How fukking hard is it to run a set to perfection? Yet these Pistons idiots can't figure it out?

Red Wings... Pistons... and soon to be Tigers... all broke dik fuks. Who are the idiots going to these games? Why support poor ownership moves?

Just like Cuban for the Mavs... guy didn't want to spend this year. Fuk him. You can't win with that POS team. I hope he buries Carlisle too.

TheMoneyShot

humiliating. What a trash team.

Hope Miami blows them out by 20+

IBetYou

They'll give a much better effort tonight vs the HEAT

Pikachu
    Pikachu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4851

Never bet the Pistons. Sad thing is when you bet against them, they may blow out your team by 20.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Team aint that good. Fire SVG the GM before you fire SVG the coach.

Drummond can be a beast, but the rest of their team is serviceable at best.

IBetYou

Tough loss for the Pistons there. Refs playing god. Make up call after make up call after make up call -that's the biggest issue with the NBA. We owe this team a bit so we'll give them this. Oops! Now we owe the other team etc etc. Like trying to split money with an odd number of coins.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    you can't be serious. drummond only player on team will ever see an all star game. and will never start. comparing him to shaq?? First ballot hof and top ten of all time/most dominant big man since Wilt. The Bucks have drafted much better and will be a force in the east in coming years. Who in the top 8 are they better than? Charlotte, NYK, and Bulls have better talent and worse records. Van Gundy doing a good job with what he has.
    +1000%... i choked when i saw this thread.

detroit has pretty sub-par NBA talent. every team in the league - ex-brooklyn - has comparable or better talent than detroit. don't get me wrong, a reasonable number of teams are not that far ahead of detroit on talent but i think only one is way behind detroit.

even drummond is to some degree supplemental talent. i can't see a top 5 NBA team with him as either #1 or #2 player.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy won’t coach anywhere next season if he’s fired at the end of the season. Van Gundy said he’s set financially and would simply take time off, enjoying the summer at his Michigan home and winter at his Florida home. “I have all the security I need,” he said during a press conference. “If I’m not here next year, I’m not chasing jobs anywhere else.” Van Gundy is on the hot seat with the Pistons on the verge of falling out of the playoff chase.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

TMS you are an idiot troll. Your posts are clueless and lack thought. You are clearly an alcoholic loser and a needy bitch who craves attention. Do you pay black dudes to analize you?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    TMS you are an idiot troll. Your posts are clueless and lack thought. You are clearly an alcoholic loser and a needy bitch who craves attention. Do you pay black dudes to analize you?
    I'm right on about Van Gundy you fat nerd fuk

TheMoneyShot

Jason Kidd will be Detroit's new coach.

jjgold

Detroit has nothing to lose

Kids why not

12 Last