Smartmoney87
    Smartmoney87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Bitcoin Up over 50% 2017 Why?

Bitcoin transactions up over 50% in 2017 along with the steady climb to the 1000 floor it looks to be hitting now. Any thoughts on why?
    Whats the chances of bitcoin etf being passed on march 11? Could it possibly coincide with Chinas crackdown's? Bitmex is even taking bets on if the sec will pass now? If it pass's I was hearing bitcoin target prices in the low 3000's by the end of march. Anybody into bitcoin have any insight?

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Imo,highest bit coin can reach is parity with gold per ounce,anything over the price of gold is ridiculous, gold is tangible...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no idea

Who knows maybe wave of future

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

digital currency might be the future but it wont be bitcoin.

absolutely no way establishment govt and all the obama, bush, clinton holdovers would allow a currency that they didn't have complete control over. no way
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: triplecrown333

Smartmoney87

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    digital currency might be the future but it wont be bitcoin.

absolutely no way establishment govt and all the obama, bush, clinton holdovers would allow a currency that they didn't have complete control over. no way
    If the winklevoss etf pass's bitcoin's gonna skyrocket. over 300 million will be pumped in the first week. I hear ya on establishment gov trying to put there foot on it but trumps admin is different. There are multiple pro-bitcoin enthusiasts involved in the current Trump administration, including Mick Mulvaney, director of the U.S. Office of Budget nominee, Peter Thiel, PayPal co-founder, Balaji Srinivasan, 21.co-CEO and potential FDA director nominee, Travis Kalanick, Uber CEO and others.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

If you can manage the risk of bitcoin fluctuations by countering long positions at wherever with a short position at a currency exchange we have something. What we have is the ability to move money in a low cost manner with little scrutiny. The gambling money that moves is just the tip of the iceberg. To hold it long or short is pretty risky as some of the fundamental factors that drive it up and down are really hard to analyze.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18821

I watched the fluctuations during the build-up to the Brexit vote. I wouldn't be surprised if some people/organisations were using it as a hedging device against other economic factors. It's cheaper than other currency transactions and subject to less public scrutiny.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

How about spread possibilities? Does bitcoin ride along up on any given currency? Short bitcoin - long what? LoL

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

dare to be great ...con

Smartmoney87

Quote Originally Posted by triplecrown333 View Post
    Imo,highest bit coin can reach is parity with gold per ounce,anything over the price of gold is ridiculous, gold is tangible...
    Another 100 and it will hit the price of gold per ounce. I can't knock gold as an investment cause it will always be the safest commodity there is. What I can knock is going in with the mindset of not investing in something because it is not tangible. Look at the internet for example. It is not tangible at all but trillions were made in the first 10 years of adoption.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bizarre

People made killings

Smartmoney87

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    I watched the fluctuations during the build-up to the Brexit vote. I wouldn't be surprised if some people/organisations were using it as a hedging device against other economic factors. It's cheaper than other currency transactions and subject to less public scrutiny.
    I watched the brexit buildup closely too it was interesting. I'm sure there are some using as a hedge device and more to come. This is the most active bitcoin has ever been. There are many different factors that are driving the price right now. Before in the other hills and valleys over the short life of bitcoin there were few factors in each spike and stood out to the naked eye. Right know there are 3 times as many as ever before. The top 5 that come to mind right now are
    1. Winklevos etf scheduled for march 11.
    2. China's crackdown and move to regulate it.
    3. Japans move to play bigger role in bitcoin world.
    4. Venezuela and there economical mess.
    5. Mexico's increased attention in bitcoin due to trump presidency.
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave Smartmoney87 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: barkus

vinndy
    vinndy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3436

Can Trump eff this up?

And I assume this type of news should hurt, right?

http://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/02/23/danish-police-worlds-first-trace-bitcoin-transactions-convict-drug-dealers/
    Last edited by vinndy; 02-23-17 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Trying to get link to work.

Smartmoney87

Quote Originally Posted by vinndy View Post
    Can Trump eff this up?

And I assume this type of news should hurt, right?

http://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/02/2...-drug-dealers/
    Why's it gotta be about Trump effing something up. Everything Trump is doing is to help the USA. Unlike many of his other predecessors. So get off his D he's trying to help us. Your link doesn't work but reading the title it looks it has to do with bitcoin and drug dealers there have been countless articles for years like that. It hasn't effected bitcoins price as it hits a new all time high and about to surpass gold.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Momentum is unreal. Trading at $1185. Every $10 drop is followed by a $15 surge. $15 from $1200. $1220 by tomorrow.

vinndy

Quote Originally Posted by Smartmoney87 View Post
    Why's it gotta be about Trump effing something up. Everything Trump is doing is to help the USA. Unlike many of his other predecessors. So get off his D he's trying to help us. Your link doesn't work but reading the title it looks it has to do with bitcoin and drug dealers there have been countless articles for years like that. It hasn't effected bitcoins price as it hits a new all time high and about to surpass gold.
    Chill dude, I am a Trump supporter so that wasn't why I said that. I should have been more clear, but I was looking at it from a keen business persons perspective such as him, he may be able to find a way to regulate it more which could impact price. Also I am new to bitcoin so sorry if I posted old news with that article.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

$1212.02 / 1130.01 euro

This is Southern Utah Thunderbirds-like momentum!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Momentum is unreal. Trading at $1185. Every $10 drop is followed by a $15 surge. $15 from $1200. $1220 by tomorrow.

RoyBacon

Was $1221 briefly on Bitfinex. Resting at $1216.8 now. Really unreal.

Smartmoney87

Quote Originally Posted by vinndy View Post
    Chill dude, I am a Trump supporter so that wasn't why I said that. I should have been more clear, but I was looking at it from a keen business persons perspective such as him, he may be able to find a way to regulate it more which could impact price. Also I am new to bitcoin so sorry if I posted old news with that article.
    It's cool just thought you were coming at Trumps neck. I tired of hearing all the anti trump bullshit. People need to wake up and realize he's here to help America. Onto bitcoin any regulation that gets put into place on bitcoin is a good sign. I signify's clarity and is a sign bitcoin is definitely here to stay. Early on in the bitcoin world everyone was talking about possibility's of it hitting anywhere from 50,000 to 100,000 after all 21 mil plus coins are mined. The biggest step everyone said to hitting the 50k to 100k was regulation. As soon as it gets regulated it will take off.

Smartmoney87

"Was $1221 briefly on Bitfinex. Resting at $1216.8 now. Really unreal."

I know it's crazy quite a surge

vinndy

Alright well I'm going to ride this train till the wheels fall off or I get to retire. Thanks!

RoyBacon

Saw an article making the case for a $25,000 per BTC price.

We know that demand for retail is growing but todays price is well ahead of that dynamic. The best argument for much higher prices is the reserve currency one. Many countries have worthless and highly leveraged currencies. Even the US. BTC is a more finite gold with extreme liquidity. Gold is liquid too but can not be transferred through blockchain.

silverdollar444
    silverdollar444's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I had 39 coins at $650 last summer and BTC was crashing so I cashed out. If only I had kept everything in BTC the money would have doubled. Don't cash out early if the market has a bad day - BTC will be on the rise for the next few years.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

Ethereum is up like 50% this week. Might be good to throw some money into that seeing how it's much cheeper than btc. This morning it was around $18.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Saw the same....hit the price of GOLD today----unbelievable.....to think some of the first people in on it were buying AK's and Coke off silk Road just to have a good time LMAO........
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Saw an article making the case for a $25,000 per BTC price.

We know that demand for retail is growing but todays price is well ahead of that dynamic. The best argument for much higher prices is the reserve currency one. Many countries have worthless and highly leveraged currencies. Even the US. BTC is a more finite gold with extreme liquidity. Gold is liquid too but can not be transferred through blockchain.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15096

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    Ethereum is up like 50% this week. Might be good to throw some money into that seeing how it's much cheeper than btc. This morning it was around $18.
    Heavy trading on both ETH and DASH.

vinndy

Do you guys have ETH and / or BC and consider them investments?

boomer11
    boomer11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

keep buying!

vinndy

Quote Originally Posted by boomer11 View Post
    keep buying!
    Both?

Smartmoney87

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Heavy trading on both ETH and DASH.
    There's only one thing I can see that is beneficial for the future of DASH and that is part of their block reward setup and the 10% that is set aside for development or advertising. At the same time it's the other part of their reward system that is unpredictable and could lead to little investors getting washed up and wiped out. Nothing like bitcoin and not even comparable DASH has high chances of manipulation. I'm not saying you cant make money day trading it but I'd recommend if your planning on investing long term stay away from DASH.

ETH on the other hand looks like your best bet if your looking for an alternative to bitcoin. The money that's behind it and the positive consensus when it forked are important factors in success. It is setting itself up for the possibility of future manipulation but this is not built in and not set in stone YET. It will be interesting to see what the path the investors have in mind for this coin. Will be watching closely