seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    He took the money and stayed loyal, good for him. But they're just choices, no reason to worship or hate either Russ or KD.

As for KD, Russ and Harden, Im not sure there were enough shots to go around. They would've been the biggest three in the history of nba, all at their prime. I think back at the recent "big 3's" and no e cone close to kd, russ and Harden. Those are probably 3 of the top 5 players in the league today.

Anyways, 3 max contracts ='s no depth
    Once the playoffs start no one has depth. 40+ minutes per game and every other day off, plus most teams only go 7-8 deep during the playoffs.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Anyways, 3 max contracts ='s no depth
    Do you understand how max contracts work? Do you understand the NBA wage scale? Andrew Wiggins was drafted in 2014 and makes $6 million this year. Karl Anthony Towns was drafted a year later but still makes basically the same amount ($6 million) because the rookie scale went up. Steph Curry who was drafted in 2009 makes twice as much ($12 million) but Timofey Mozgov who has less tenure is making $16 million. Curry gave GS a discount just like Duncan, just like Dirk did several years in a row. This is the first time Lebron has been the highest paid player on his team. In fact Demar Derozan's contract is more than what Lebron made in 12 years prior. Teams have to pay according to the wage scale.

If you have a player on your team already, you can pay them THEIR max money even if you go over the cap. So for example, OKC could have kept Harden, KD, Russell, Ibaka and anyone on the team. They lose zero depth but as the contracts escalate, so will the amount they go over the cap and the luxury tax is $1.50 on every dollar over. It is a fallacy to say that 3 max contracts mean no depth. It just means you are going to have to kick in a lot of money to keep the guys you got. Which is why a Miami lets Mike Miller go. His contract was $6 million but only about half was a cap hit but Miami would have had to pay $4.5 million in taxes on top of paying his salary. They did not want to pay $10.5 million to retain him even though Lebron wanted them to resign him. Dan Gilbert is paying a shitload in luxury tax to retain guys like Shumpert, JR, TT, Jones, Birdman, etc.

Currently, Gilbert is committed to spending $175.6 million on payroll this season, with $65 million of that in luxury taxes. Those numbers would represent the second-highest spending numbers in league history, falling behind only the 2013-14 Brooklyn Nets, who spent $197 million, including tax.

Latest history says that a big 3 is a winning formula. Just look from Cleveland, GS, the Heat, Boston, etc... How do you think the Lakers were able to have Magic, Kareem, Worthy, etc., Chicago with MJ, Pippen, Ron Harper, Rodman, etc., Mchale, Bird, Parrish, etc., etc., etc. Hell, look at Duncan, Ginobli and Parker. You have to have superstars.

Owners can get a lot of depth, they just have to go in their pocketbook. Most owners are not paying $65 million to do it. OKC management really fukked up because they didn't even have to go over the cap to keep Harden. I think they let their egos get in the way, just like Miami not wanting to keep Wade.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

To reiterate, the tax level is $113 million. You could have a complete roster (14 players) with Andrew Wiggins/Karl-Anthony Towns types making the maximum amount of money they can make right now at $6 million a year and you would only be at $84 million total. Well below the tax. You could even add a Lebron at $30 million and you'd be okay.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Is going to miserable for him but he's one of the last old school type ballplayers who look like they'll punch you in the face if you beat them and who is loyal to his team so he should at least get praise for that

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

He's old school but dumb like Charles Oakley

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Harden so much better than Westbrook it is not even funny

Haren cannot be stopped and has way more impact on the game

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

come on Pat sign his ass on the Heat already and rescue this kid..smdh

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Harden so much better than Westbrook it is not even funny

Haren cannot be stopped and has way more impact on the game
    False.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

This whole debate is weird and totally biased towards the NBA.

MLB player leaves, nobody gives a shit with the exception of the home fan base.

NFL. Never any internet/talking head rants lasting months after a move.

Is the NBA different because we see them up close and personal? Only 5 guys playing. IDK.

But after all this time, and YES,my initial reaction was KD is a pussy, I believe he made a great choice.
    Better team mates. Better organisation. Better coaches. He put his time in. Gave a great effort to make it work in OKC.
    Earned his right to choose via FA. ( Of course I wished he choose BOSTON) i no longer hold it against him.

Took me years after "The Decision" to not think LBJ was a complete D-bag. I got over that as well.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Does he want a NBA ring or just stick to his home team and only settle for playoff spot, OKC needs to get some decent players in Matt Adams is not really a point scoring option that is consistent

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Hard to feel sorry for any pro athlete that lays on the beach somewhere with life made in the off season. Cry me a river.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    This whole debate is weird and totally biased towards the NBA.

MLB player leaves, nobody gives a shit with the exception of the home fan base.

NFL. Never any internet/talking head rants lasting months after a move.

Is the NBA different because we see them up close and personal? Only 5 guys playing. IDK.

But after all this time, and YES,my initial reaction was KD is a pussy, I believe he made a great choice.
    Better team mates. Better organisation. Better coaches. He put his time in. Gave a great effort to make it work in OKC.
    Earned his right to choose via FA. ( Of course I wished he choose BOSTON) i no longer hold it against him.

Took me years after "The Decision" to not think LBJ was a complete D-bag. I got over that as well.
    Good post. I just hate GSW. I've never seen a team with ONE championship so full of themselves. You see Draymond and Steph talk and you think they have 5 rings. Magic and Kareem were more humble and they had 5 and 6. I'm just glad Lebron humbled Curry in the finals and snatched his manhood. Now, no more dancing and shimmying after 3's. Lot of laughter on the court has been curtailed. I guess someone blocking your shots and making you look like a 7th grader can do that.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 862

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Good post. I just hate GSW. I've never seen a team with ONE championship so full of themselves. You see Draymond and Steph talk and you think they have 5 rings. Magic and Kareem were more humble and they had 5 and 6. I'm just glad Lebron humbled Curry in the finals and snatched his manhood. Now, no more dancing and shimmying after 3's. Lot of laughter on the court has been curtailed. I guess someone blocking your shots and making you look like a 7th grader can do that.
    Couldn't have said it better and have been trying to find the words. GSW act like they have 6 Rings. MJ never lost and would have cut these fools balls off and laid them out on the table.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    KING-DOM...I am with you. The only thing that would make me happier than the Warriors never winning another ring, is the Celtics bringing home #18. But alas, without a major injury and some incredible bad luck, GSW takes it this year.

They were so flat out full of themselves from the ownership down, I was thrilled the Cavs took the down a peg last year.

Why is it I personally dislike some players ( Harden/DH/Curry/Melo) but like others ( Wade/Duncan/Leonard)??
    Could it possibly be they put the team first, against individual crapola?

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

There's nothing worse then playing with a ball hog like Westbrook...on a play ground or NBA

Durant got to be so happy playing at Golden State

OKC will never win anything..... Basketball is a team sport

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

Lol. Curry one of the more humble athletes for how much success he's had. Good role model, not getting in trouble with the law. On top of that, he barely got any d-1 offers out of high school. Worked his ass off each year to get better and has overachieved big time. Green has also overachieved as an NBA player. Both of whom were draft picks along with Klay Thompson. Not sure why Curry gets roasted for any of this. He's not the one paying KDs salary

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

y'all really think Harden evolves his game if he's still in OKC playing behind Westbrook & KD?

going to Houston might've been the best thing to happen to him personally.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBayGame View Post
    Lol. Curry one of the more humble athletes for how much success he's had. Good role model, not getting in trouble with the law. On top of that, he barely got any d-1 offers out of high school. Worked his ass off each year to get better and has overachieved big time. Green has also overachieved as an NBA player. Both of whom were draft picks along with Klay Thompson. Not sure why Curry gets roasted for any of this. He's not the one paying KDs salary
    Curry is getting roasted because the motherfukker has NOT showed up for the finals both times.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Westbrook great player, great competitor, but simple fact is he lacks on court IQ. Durant is one of the most efficient wing players in NBA history. He went to a team that is all about efficiency, with a coach who is one of the great masterminds in nba history already. Some ppl say Durant tarnished his legacy, but what would Durant's legacy be if he never won a ring? Ppl talk about Barkley. Durant is on a whole different level than Barkley as a player.

One thing is guaranteed. Durant is winning a ring this year. Can't wait to see who is the fool who tries to be sharp and take a team like Houston or the Spurs to beat them in the west. lol.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

durant lived in austin and oklahoma city for about 11 years,
    who can blame the guy for leaving,
    but going to the warriors was lame,

OKC basketball is unwatchable,

jjgold

He is a multi millionaire

No need to feel sorry

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Too think OKC had three of the best five players in the NBA and couldn't get one title.....penetrate.

Presto should get some blame for this.

OKC, a small market team, hit the lottery three times. They could have won multiple titles.

What could have been...of well.

BigDofBA

What sucks even more is that OKC looked very much like the better team against the Warriors last year.

Up 10 with 6 minutes to go in game 6 will haunt me forever.

Klay Thompson set an NBA record for threes and that's how they lost it...

lakerboy

Let's face it Westbrook is a loser

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Let's face it Westbrook is a loser
    Didn't you say God was on Westbrook's side?

Which God is that anyway? The Muslim God, Christian God, Jewish God, Zeus?

Last year God was a Cavs fan per James. The year before he was a Warriors fan. This year Dabo thanked him for allowing Clemson to win...which was strange since they lost the year before.

God must be a bandwagon fan. Lol

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by xdodger19 View Post
    durant lived in austin and oklahoma city for about 11 years,
    who can blame the guy for leaving,
    but going to the warriors was lame,

OKC basketball is unwatchable,
    Such a lame ass move going to OKC. Stephen A Smith nailed this. Weak move.

It's not like HE (Durant) is going to win a championship. It was already a championship-caliber team.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Too think OKC had three of the best five players in the NBA and couldn't get one title.....penetrate.

Presto should get some blame for this.

OKC, a small market team, hit the lottery three times. They could have won multiple titles.

What could have been...of well.
    Harden and Westbrook weren't even top 25 players when they madet he finals...

They were young and got bitch made by a top 5 player (Wade)

Only the last 3 years have Westbrook and Harden really started to dominate.

The biggest joke in finals history is the Heat being +220 or some shit against the Thunder.

James and Wade in their primes vs. a bunch of 22 year old kids lol.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Didn't you say God was on Westbrook's side?

Which God is that anyway? The Muslim God, Christian God, Jewish God, Zeus?

Last year God was a Cavs fan per James. The year before he was a Warriors fan. This year Dabo thanked him for allowing Clemson to win...which was strange since they lost the year before.

God must be a bandwagon fan. Lol
    The Muslims Christians and Jews all believe in the same God. Other things differ.

Codyodom
    Codyodom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2098

Glad that ball hogged going thru this shitty times right now..be surprised if his team will get to the playoff this year.. no one wants to play with him when he wants to run the team and takes 40 shots a game...remind me of Kobe

jjgold

He is a losing player and his personality is a loser one on any team

It is all about him...Harden so much more effective player on a team

Much much more unstoppable

lakerboy

Signed now to a 5 year deal.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is a losing player and his personality is a loser one on any team

It is all about him...Harden so much more effective player on a team

Much much more unstoppable
    The only balls you know anything about are attached to the dicks you eat. Stop embarrassing yourself by posting about sports baldy.

Hard to feel sorry for him at 41 mil a year before endorsements lb.

jjgold

All losers now Anthony

Westbrook the most selfish player in the NBA

BigDofBA

I like how he did it on Durant's bday.

I wonder if Durant wishing himself happy birthday on his Horner twitter accounts.

jjgold

Don’t forget Oklahoma City was letting Westbrook get rebounds half of the season they were clearing his way he statistics were deafly inflated

First 123 Last