lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

For saying Trump is an"asset". Big backlash by curry. Now he will leave soon for Nike.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/09/news/stephen-curry-trump-under-armour-asset/index.html
    Last edited by lakerboy; 02-09-17 at 03:18 PM.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Hopefully Curry falls down an open elevator shaft.
    Points Awarded:

jackbo gave BrickJames 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude is no rocket scientist, but then again most smart people can't hit 3 pointers like him. A man needs to know his limitations
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave katstale 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy

Athletes control corporations now.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

sometimes as a big wig, it just makes sense not to speak your mind

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

curry loser

nobody cares Curry

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

The old saying holds true: Dont talk about politics or religion

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    curry loser

nobody cares Curry
    Wrong. Under armour sales are down and this is a key moment in there history. The company can't afford to lose him.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

curry loser

nobody cares Curry
    im sure under armour cares to keep him on

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Dwayne The Rock Johnson Yeah... says the guy who's on High Testosterone and steroids. Like he knows anything about reality.

It's simply remarkable that these people believe they "made themselves". The drugs made you. You didn't do jack sh#$.

As for Curry... just another outspoken athlete... that doesn't understand business.

On the other side of the coin... it is surprising that the C.E.O. of UA thought his expression about Trump would have no backlash to his company? I mean.. did he think the majority of his athletic wear purchased was from white collar people? Nope.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Oh boo hoo, someone get this fukin clown a tissue. Someone didn't have the same stance he did on everything so he is going to cry like a little bitch.
    Points Awarded:

Wrongside gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RenaissanceBet gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Oh boo hoo, someone get this fukin clown a tissue. Someone didn't have the same stance he did on everything so he is going to cry like a little bitch.
    Nope. He is using his power to influence how a corporation CEO speaks in public. Let's face it most Americans don't like Trump very much.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Alright. Who the hell can I root for these days? Or what movie, and TV shows can I watch? Fck. Celebrities, and athletes need to shut the hell up. Yeah, yeah. First Amendment. Use your little bully pulpit to do something good for the world.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

I have been waiting for someone to shove that mouth guard down his throat

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

people still buy UA shit?

it was good in 3rd and 4th grade

jjgold

It is a white mans world

Blacks do not get it yet

Curry a punk

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    On the other side of the coin... it is surprising that the C.E.O. of UA thought his expression about Trump would have no backlash to his company? I mean.. did he think the majority of his athletic wear purchased was from white collar people? Nope.
    Umm yes I would say the majority of their clothing is sold to white collar people.. and I know because I'm a black former UA employee.. it's more expensive than Nike, and Nike kills UA in sales to minorities

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    Umm yes I would say the majority of their clothing is sold to white collar people.. and I know because I'm a black former UA employee.. it's more expensive than Nike, and Nike kills UA in sales to minorities
    Let me get a few things straight here... because you confused me.

1. You believe majority of their clothing is sold to white collar people?

2. And UA clothing is more expensive than Nike clothing?

I don't see any white people wearing UA.

And UA doesn't even come close to what Nike brings in financially.

And from a retail standpoint... go to UA website... and price out a few items... and go to Nike website... and clearly Nike pricing is more expensive than UA.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

So he said he didnt like what the ceo said and people are mad about that. Do you pump your money or time into something you dont agree with if you dont have to? JJ just spits out racist shi.t all the time on here and SBR is okay with it because its aligned with their tasks of generating comments and views and responses at whatever means necessary but thats okay. Just like it was okay to support BetIslands on here when it helped them. The hypocrisy in this thread is amazing being that everyone does this exact thing and thinks its okay but if its against some of the beloved trump supporters its not now. Please open your eyes christ

jjgold

Curry a racist piece of shit now
    Tries to act black ghetto and he was brought up rich

Hope he blows out his knee forever

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    sometimes as a big wig, it just makes sense not to speak your mind
    Plank is a fukking idiot. Keep your mouth shut when it comes to religion and politics. UA has been shit the last year. The stock has sank like the Titanic. I've lost a shit load of money on this piece of shit and Plank's been making mistake after mistake after mistake. This opens the door for Curry to go to Nike with his buddy Durant and UA is about to lose a bunch of other athletes because of Plank's stupidity. I hate dumbasses. Shut your trap you numbnut.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Dwayne The Rock Johnson Yeah... says the guy who's on High Testosterone and steroids. Like he knows anything about reality.
    It's simply remarkable that these people believe they "made themselves". The drugs made you. You didn't do jack sh#$.
    As for Curry... just another outspoken athlete... that doesn't understand business.
    I really don't think what Plank said was wrong or should have been a big deal BUT you must keep your fukking mouth shut. "No fukking comment", if you say anything you are in a lose/lose position right now. It's like if someone ask him if he thinks Non Christians are going to hell. "No fukking comment". As CEO you have to stay silent on religion and politics. You have too many employees, partners, affiliates that are on both sides. Top communications firms have advised clients to not comment on politics when a new administration is in place. This idiot didn't get the memo.

The Rock made the most sense. He didn't attack Plank. He gave a good response...

“A good company is not solely defined by its CEO. A good company is not defined by the athlete or celebrity who partners with them. A good company is not a single person. A good company is a team, a group of brothers and sisters committed to working together each and every day to provide for their families and one another and the clients they serve. We don’t partner with a brand casually. I partner with brands I trust and with people who share my same values. That means a commitment to diversity, inclusion, community, open-mindedness and some serious hard work. But it doesn’t mean that I or my team will always agree with the opinion of everyone who works there, including its executives.”

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

Hopefully Curry breaks both knees and ends his career. Keep your mouth shut when talking about the King.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Let me get a few things straight here... because you confused me.

1. You believe majority of their clothing is sold to white collar people?

2. And UA clothing is more expensive than Nike clothing?

I don't see any white people wearing UA.

And UA doesn't even come close to what Nike brings in financially.

And from a retail standpoint... go to UA website... and price out a few items... and go to Nike website... and clearly Nike pricing is more expensive than UA.
    Have you seen UA sneakers? Black people are not buying those pain/ugly ass shoes.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nope. He is using his power to influence how a corporation CEO speaks in public. Let's face it most Americans don't like Trump very much.
    This is very wrong, pal. Most Americans LOVE Trump. Just because the libtards cry like complete bitches 24/7, don't mistake them for "most Americans".

And even more importantly...most affluent Americans ABSOLUTELY LOVE Trump. Trust me...those stinking ass, jobless hippies you see protesting ain't buying UA products.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Have you seen UA sneakers? Black people are not buying those pain/ugly ass shoes.
    My point is... are white people buying them? The entire line is junk. I don't even know how the company survived this long.

If I'm a white guy... I'm going to buy this junk... based on this commercial?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Curry a racist piece of shit now
    Tries to act black ghetto and he was brought up rich

Hope he blows out his knee forever
    Curry was indeed brought up with a silver spoon, 2 silver spoons. His ankles are weak, not his knees. The ankles shelved him the first 3 yrs of his career

BrickJames
    Action

I think the saying goes "dont bite the white hand that feeds you"

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

My point is... are white people buying them? The entire line is junk. I don't even know how the company survived this long.

If I'm a white guy... I'm going to buy this junk... based on this commercial?
    For athletic wear, Under Armour makes some great stuff. There shoes are a pretty small part of their line. They obviously don't rival a monster like Nike in overall sales, but they make some great stuff.

Plank is a really bright guy. Read the story of how he started the company. Super sharp guy who worked his ass off and hired a bunch of super sharp people to help. Inspiring.

But of course, I realize a lot of posters in this thread could donwhat he does, only much better. They simply choose not too

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Under armor was so successful that nike had to create a division and line called pro combat to rival the specific target under armor had initially started with. From an investor standpoint it's a good company to invest in especially with the drop in price

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

He was voted in as prez 3 months ago. Smh

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    This is very wrong, pal. Most Americans LOVE Trump. Just because the libtards cry like complete bitches 24/7, don't mistake them for "most Americans".

And even more importantly...most affluent Americans ABSOLUTELY LOVE Trump. Trust me...those stinking ass, jobless hippies you see protesting ain't buying UA products.
    I see your point but it would help if the trumpeter stopped lying so much. The third Reich propaganda is getting a bit annoying

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    He was voted in as prez 3 months ago. Smh
    Ok guys! O/u on when whiny Lefty liberals stop crying.

Im making my line at 7 months from right now.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I see your point but it would help if the trumpeter stopped lying so much. The third Reich propaganda is getting a bit annoying
    LOL, I thought the Third Reich stuff was once your forte on this forum.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
    LOL, I thought the Third Reich stuff was once your forte on this forum.
    Expert on the matter

123 Last