Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Man Bets $1.1 Million On Falcons

According to CG Technology, someone bet $1.1 million on the Falcons -- a wager that would pay $1 million.

The bet was placed with the three-point spread, which means that Falcons just have to lose by two points or less, or win outright. With the outlandish amount aside, it's actually not a terrible wager. In 12 of the last 15 Super Bowls, the underdog has covered.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/0...medium=twitter

KickShootThrow
    Make SBR Sharp Again!
    KickShootThrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Vegas Dave for sure

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

city

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Probably barkley.lol

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Somebody is smiling pretty big right now.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    According to CG Technology, someone bet $1.1 million on the Falcons -- a wager that would pay $1 million.

The bet was placed with the three-point spread, which means that Falcons just have to lose by two points or less, or win outright. With the outlandish amount aside, it's actually not a terrible wager. In 12 of the last 15 Super Bowls, the underdog has covered.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/0...medium=twitter
    One of the biggest bullshit books out there always lying where the money is being bet. Pinnacle and the Greek have nothing on them and the guys that run those books lie with the best of them.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Oh so thats what +3 means.

I wasn't sure.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

its a winner for sure

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

The poor bastard

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Prob chump change for em

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

1.1 million is alot

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

He's suicidal right now.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Buried

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

My moneys on Barkley

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18821

Hope it was only 2% of his bankroll.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

A friend of mine placed a futures bet on ATL when we were there in September. He had $7,000 riding on Atlanta, which is a lot of money for him. I kept telling him to hedge like a mutherfukker. He was guaranteed at least a couple of thousand but he didn't want to jinx his Falcons. I kept pleading with him that it was basically irresponsible to not take "sure" money. He wouldn't budge. Falcon's go up 28-3 and I text him that he should definitely hedge the Patriots live bet now but he doesn't have an online account. I told him, I'd make the bet for him (Pat's were like +1600 live). I told him to at least put a couple hundred on it for security. He would not do it. He was ride or die. I kept on insisting that he could lay the bet and just chill with no worries. No convincing him.

Well, long story short, he has not text back after the loss. He's probably in a drunken stupor right about now. I can't even rub it in. That was excruciating to watch. I can only imagine what he is going through.

This event reminds me of a guy who had a $50,000 futures bet on Auburn to win NCAAF a few years ago. That dumbass would not hedge his bet either. The worst part was that his buddy who is a financial planner told him not to hedge? Who the hell does that? What an irresponsible investor. You always hedge for at least a little profit.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...tle-500-1-odds

So after consulting with his high school buddy, accountant Brian Burnett, who is an Alabama alum, the two made the trip to Las Vegas for the game but decided to let the bet ride.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

wow i feel for the guy. def have to hedge at that point just in case but easier said after all is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    A friend of mine placed a futures bet on ATL when we were there in September. He had $7,000 riding on Atlanta, which is a lot of money for him. I kept telling him to hedge like a mutherfukker. He was guaranteed at least a couple of thousand but he didn't want to jinx his Falcons. I kept pleading with him that it was basically irresponsible to not take "sure" money. He wouldn't budge. Falcon's go up 28-3 and I text him that he should definitely hedge the Patriots live bet now but he doesn't have an online account. I told him, I'd make the bet for him (Pat's were like +1600 live). I told him to at least put a couple hundred on it for security. He would not do it. He was ride or die. I kept on insisting that he could lay the bet and just chill with no worries. No convincing him.

Well, long story short, he has not text back after the loss. He's probably in a drunken stupor right about now. I can't even rub it in. That was excruciating to watch. I can only imagine what he is going through.

This event reminds me of a guy who had a $50,000 futures bet on Auburn to win NCAAF a few years ago. That dumbass would not hedge his bet either. The worst part was that his buddy who is a financial planner told him not to hedge? Who the hell does that? What an irresponsible investor. You always hedge for at least a little profit.

So after consulting with his high school buddy, accountant Brian Burnett, who is an Alabama alum, the two made the trip to Las Vegas for the game but decided to let the bet ride.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Did he win

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7905

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Did he win
    Did you miss the game??? Hell no he did not win. He probably was smoking a Cohiba at half and is now drowning it with arsenic.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

I had 175 on atl. Why did I not hear from you for me to hedge. That would of paid for my trip to philippines for buddies wedding

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

1.1 mil likely same as $100 to us

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Saw that two weeks after I posted my patriots pick. Was a bit worried
    Someone always bets big on the dog at the last moment or days before.
    Broncos received many six figures too after the line drifted to 5.5 but I guess this situation is different where there isn't a clearly better defense

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

This is the sadest story I ever heard.