packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Is anyone surprised at the comments in this thread lmao
    What a bunch of guys that have earnt their own way in life,that are fed up of listening to rich pieces of shit like Gregg Popovich talk about white privilege,yeah im not surprised,I think more and more people are sick of hearing these clowns open their traps.Stick to talking about coaching,outside of that im not interested.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    What a bunch of guys that have earnt their own way in life,that are fed up of listening to rich pieces of shit like Gregg Popovich talk about white privilege,yeah im not surprised,I think more and more people are sick of hearing these clowns open their traps.Stick to talking about coaching,outside of that im not interested.
    Hearing implies listening, let's be realistic here.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Hearing implies listening, let's be realistic here.
    Astro lets be realistic,I got my own problems just like everybody else,I don't want to hear about this white privilege,maybe you have been privileged in your own life,but you strike me as one of those white guilt victims.

astro61200

Astro lets be realistic,I got my own problems just like everybody else,I don't want to hear about this white privilege,maybe you have been privileged in your own life,but you strike me as one of those white guilt victims.
    I was more going for the "who gives a shit". He's a fkn NBA coach, why does anyone care what he talks about besides basketball?

astro61200

But as for the privilege stuff. First of all, using the word privilege is stupid and immediately sets the wrong tone for both sides. Should I feel guilty that my parents weren't flat broke when they decided to have kids? No. Do I understand that certain people are born at a disadvantage because their parents are stupid? Yes.

I acknowledge there is a problem, and I know plenty of people who I've felt are far too stupid to have kids yet they pop them out every other year. They've tasked themselves with 3 or 4 kids yet their work experience consists of McDonald's and Wendy's, they dropped out of high school, they have no car, and they blow all their money on alcohol and try to act like they're still 17.

Is this an issue a NBA coach should tackle? No, go draw up a play.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00

I was more going for the "who gives a shit". He's a fkn NBA coach, why does anyone care what he talks about besides basketball?
    Oh im sorry mate,yeah well one of the reasons I use to like Sports was because you could get away from all the bull shit going on in life,but it seems like that has changed.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Yep.. Sports figures, famous actors and musicians should stick to what they know.. I agree.. Do they even watch Fox or CNN, or read the news daily? Do they really know what's going on around the world? I think not..

Just because they have a loud voice that reaches the masses doesn't mean they should speak out about things they don't really know..

packerd_00

But as for the privilege stuff. First of all, using the word privilege is stupid and immediately sets the wrong tone for both sides. Should I feel guilty that my parents weren't flat broke when they decided to have kids? No. Do I understand that certain people are born at a disadvantage because their parents are stupid? Yes.

I acknowledge there is a problem, and I know plenty of people who I've felt are far too stupid to have kids yet they pop them out every other year. They've tasked themselves with 3 or 4 kids yet their work experience consists of McDonald's and Wendy's, they dropped out of high school, they have no car, and they blow all their money on alcohol and try to act like they're still 17.

I agree completely with what you said,ill give you an example of privilege I live in a country where we have a Royal Family,know that family is privileged,the country pays them to live in a castle. All races of people are having part of their paycheck taken to keep them in the lap of luxury.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yep.. Sports figures, famous actors and musicians should stick to what they know.. I agree.. Do they even watch Fox or CNN, or read the news daily? Do they really know what's going on around the world? I think not..

Just because they have a loud voice that reaches the masses doesn't mean they should speak out about things they don't really know..
    That's the thing though Jib they think we care what they think,their egos are that big. Media are partly to blame for that as far as Athletes go,they keep asking them political questions,and that's wrong.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm really sick of hearing how whites have all the privelge. Is there a White History month? Is there White Entertainment Television? Are there all white colleges? WTF. In 500 years will people still be paying for what happened in the 1800s?

There are some race issues but most people aren't racist.
    Pop needs to talk basketball. Not politics. What if every coach shared their thoughts on politics and religion. It would suck. I watch ball to get away from that shit.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 02-04-17 at 12:04 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm really sick of hearing how whites have all the privelge. Is there a White History month? Is there White Entertainment Television? Are there all white colleges? WTF. In 500 years will people still be paying for what happened in the 1800s?

Pop needs to talk basketball. Not politics. What if every coach shared their thoughts on politics and religion. It would suck. I watch ball to get away from that shit.
    When whites finally become the minority which they will in time and more ethnic groups control office then and only then will the field of play become even... Still I'm not sure? Whites do control most things in this world because of smart and hard work. We go to school and apply ourselves, parenting is a priority for most..

What ever will be will be... This world will never be a perfect place to live in.. Enjoy your life as it is and live out the rest of your days in peace I say if you can no matter what the color of your skin..

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol what a load of shit
    no one has more advantages in this country than minorites
    they can do half the work and go twice as far thanks to PC culture. Colleges are filled with these minorities who do not deserve to be there compared to the students who didn't make it because they were White.
    WTF are you talking about? What advantage does a minority have in the US? Who the fukk do you know that can do half the work and go twice as far (George W Bush)? What college do you know that is filled with minorities that do not deserve to be there? Please name me one college?

I don't like the term "white privilege" because I think most every person born into these United States are advantaged. Some more than others but we all have opportunities and everything else is an excuse. But it would be naive of me to not admit that some people have had the most shitty upbringing in life. Some people were put in the most horrible conditions I can imagine and I was lucky to have 2 parents with common fukking sense.

We have real problems in the US that we have to be honest with. We have many young black men that have been systematically taken out of society, whether by choice or accident. These men don't give a damn about themselves because they don't have a future so they damn sure don't care about you. Yet, there's a lot of black men that are doing well and making a life for themselves. How do we help the ones coming up so they don't get lost like the bad ones? We have older white men that are getting systematically pushed out of corporate America. They can't find another job because companies won't hire them when they can fill the position with someone younger or a woman. Older white men are becoming a rarity in corporate America. This is a real issue that you won't hear about.

I'm all for helping everyone. I don't care what color, race, religion, age, etc. We are all American's. We have to help each other and stop putting each other down. Someone posts a thread about Popovich saying white privilege and many of you use it as a platform to slam minorities??? WTH? Why can't we just acknowledge problems and come up with solutions instead of having a bitch fest? I know I'm privileged just like most of you if you have electricity and a keyboard.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I hate to be that guy BUT... Every month is white history month. Every channel is White TV. Every good college is White college. Do you really not understand why black people would want/need a black channel? Or Hispanics would want Telemundo? I think Chris Rock said it best... "It's all right because it's all white".

You must not actually read SBR if you think many people aren't racist here. Most everyone, me included are at least biased.

Why would you mention the 1800's? Do you know black history? Maybe you should learn about it. It was as recent as 1955 when the Montgomery boycotts, it was 1965 when the Selma march, it was 1968 when MLK Jr was assassinated. The first black athlete to play in the SEC wasn't until 1967. That was not the 1800's and I personally know several people who were living when that happened. I could give you a history lesson on the economic and educational disparity and how that impacted thousands of blacks even to this day but I'm tired and you'd probably still feel like a victim like many blacks do as well. Most successful white people do not have a problem hearing about privilege. Its the broke people that don't want to hear it.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I hate to be that guy BUT... Every month is white history month. Every channel is White TV. Every good college is White college. Do you really not understand why black people would want/need a black channel? Or Hispanics would want Telemundo? I think Chris Rock said it best... "It's all right because it's all white".

You must not actually read SBR if you think many people aren't racist here. Most everyone, me included are at least biased.

Why would you mention the 1800's? Do you know black history? Maybe you should learn about it. It was as recent as 1955 when the Montgomery boycotts, it was 1965 when the Selma march, it was 1968 when MLK Jr was assassinated. The first black athlete to play in the SEC wasn't until 1967. That was not the 1800's and I personally know several people who were living when that happened. I could give you a history lesson on the economic and educational disparity and how that impacted thousands of blacks even to this day but I'm tired and you'd probably still feel like a victim like many blacks do as well. Most successful white people do not have a problem hearing about privilege. Its the broke people that don't want to hear it.
    Not broke,just not one of these clowns with homes in different countries and a fleet of luxury cars,sending my kids to top private schools. If my kid was done for a crime,im not gonna be able to hire a high priced lawyer to get them off.

Rich privilege is colour blind.

Mac4Lyfe

Not broke,just not one of these clowns with homes in different countries and a fleet of luxury cars,sending my kids to top private schools. If my kid was done for a crime,im not gonna be able to hire a high priced lawyer to get them off.
    Rich privilege is colour blind.
    I totally agree. I also think that you don't have to be really rich to have gratitude and a feeling of being blessed. When you are blessed, you also feel privileged and you don't care about color.

packerd_00

I totally agree. I also think that you don't have to be really rich to have gratitude and a feeling of being blessed. When you are blessed, you also feel privileged and you don't care about color.
    Yep ive known black kids that were spoilt and white kids that had shitty lives. Just gotta play the cards you are dealt,life isn't fair if it was you wouldn't have kids with cancer living in hospital,those are the people I feel bad for.

Mac4Lyfe

I heard about this case on the news and was brought to tears. This beautiful boy was left in the hands of a monster. He/she lived in a luxurious Manhattan high rise but was crazy as shit and killed this innocent boy. Kids like this boy had zero chance. He unfortunately ended up living with a monster. How lucky are we that we weren't in a similar situation?

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...ys-sources-say

Mac4Lyfe

Yep ive known black kids that were spoilt and white kids that had shitty lives. Just gotta play the cards you are dealt,life isn't fair if it was you wouldn't have kids with cancer living in hospital,those are the people I feel bad for.
    I spent a year at MD Anderson watching my mom succumb to cancer and I met hundreds of people during that time. Cancer has no prejudice. I saw young, old, white, black, yellow, in shape, out of shape, vegetarians, carnivores, athletes, non athletic, Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. Everybody was in there and NO ONE looked at color. I couldn't take it seeing the kids. That was excruciating. Also the single mothers with cancer raising kids and not knowing who would take care of them when they were gone was also gut wrenching.

packerd_00

F@ck don't know what makes people that evil to do that sort of stuff to another human being,cant rap my head around it sometimes. Pretty sad man.

packerd_00

I spent a year at MD Anderson watching my mom succumb to cancer and I met hundreds of people during that time. Cancer has no prejudice. I saw young, old, white, black, yellow, in shape, out of shape, vegetarians, carnivores, athletes, non athletic, Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc. Everybody was in there and NO ONE looked at color. I couldn't take it seeing the kids. That was excruciating. Also the single mothers with cancer raising kids and not knowing who would take care of them when they were gone was also gut wrenching.
    Yeah if any able body person thinks they aren't privileged,go to a cancer hospital.

I was thinking of volunteering to visit with some of the sick kids that cant have their parents be their. I don't mind doing that.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 02-04-17 at 01:42 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't know what planet you live on Mac or what TV channels you watch or colleges you go too, but most day time TV is set up to entertain the black people like the Wendy Williams show and Court TV shows. Why is this so popular because alot of black people don't work, are on welfare and will tune in. The ratings skyrocket. Even cheesy shows like the Jerry Springer show, most guest stars are black.. Needless to say the crime shows are centered around black people as well.. Sports are dominated by blacks now.. Even the news shows have black people hosting or anchoring them now.. ESPN and TNT sports shows half black now.. Don Lemon on CNN is one of the most popular..

It's not all white tv anymore.. The music industry is dominated by black folk also, you have BET awards and channels.. It's all out there now.. You have black colleges and black cities now like Atlanta..

If anything the Asians are the ones shut out of society on many levels not the blacks or Mexicans.. Mexicans have dominated the radio now and have Mexican tv on many channels, half the Directv channels are in Spanish..

I dated black women and have black friends and I know these things first hand. I never heard any complain like the people on this forum do.

America gives the opportunity for any color or race to succeed if you apply yourself especially in big cities... Obama was elected as President do I need to say more?. Michele Obama would have won if she ran and not Hillary..

I can go on and on.. It's not a WHITE AMERICA anymore... We live in 2017 now..

We don't have a White history month and I honestly don't think the blacks should either in this day and age.. It's played out with a twist if you ask me..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-04-17 at 02:00 AM.

astro61200

It's not a WHITE AMERICA anymore... We live in 2017 now..
    Don't let brooks see this, he'll start calling everyone names, search through your post history for 45 minutes to find a single typo and rant on and on like the moron he is, while sounding like a completely incoherent babbling hillbilly.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave astro61200 7 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Yep, I grew up in a broke single parent home myself... No father.. We were poor and struggled.. My mother had a nervous breakdown because of tough times trying to raise 3 kids on her own with little education and or work skills.. She prayed and did it though..

Today I'm a multi millionaire and can say that only because I worked smart and hard my entire life to get it. I applied myself.. My entire family isn't poor anymore.. My brother and sister do just fine also and we take care of our elderly mother today and remember the tough times she went thru working jobs that paid nothing.. She never went on welfare or general relief either even though she was a perfect candidate for it at the time.. My mother is my hero.

I don't feel privileged at all.. I have a family history of the family tree serving in the military as well.. That's probably why I'm very patriotic and love this Country so much today..

That's my story and I'm white...

Mac4Lyfe

I don't know what planet you live on Mac or what TV channels you watch or colleges you go too, but most day time TV is set up to entertain the black people like the Wendy Williams show and Court TV shows. Why is this so popular because alot of black people don't work, are on welfare and will tune in. The ratings skyrocket. Even cheesy shows like the Jerry Springer show, most guest stars are black.. Needless to say the crime shows are centered around black people as well.. Sports are dominated by blacks now.. Even the news shows have black people hosting or anchoring them now.. ESPN and TNT sports shows half black just about.. Don Lemon on CNN is one of the most popular..
    It's not all white tv anymore.. The music industry is dominated by black folk also, you have BET awards and channels.. It's all out there now.. You have black colleges and black cities now like Atlanta..
    If anything the Asians are the ones shut out of society on many levels not the blacks or Mexicans.. Mexicans have dominated the radio now and have Mexican tv on many channels, half the Directv channels are in Spanish..
    I dated black women and have black friends and I know these things first hand. I never heard any complain like the people on this forum do.
    America gives the opportunity for any color or race to succeed if you apply yourself especially in big cities... Obama was elected as President do I need to say more?. Michele Obama would have won if she ran and not Hillary..
    I can go on and on.. It's not all WHITE anymore... We live in 2017 now..
    Of course it's not all white anymore. We live in a melting pot. We are one of the most diverse countries on the planet. But you have it all wrong about A LOT of black people don't work and are on welfare. There's more white people on welfare for one thing and although black unemployment are the highest by class especially black men it's not all doom and gloom like you surmise.

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/cpsee_e16.htm

Do we need BET or Telemundo today? I don't know but someone must be watching it for them to be still on the air. I think it's great to have their own awards. The Academy certainly won't recognize them, so screw it. I like that there's more diversity in TV. I never thought a 24 hour all sports channel would ever make it but now we have dozens. Consumers will make the market and that's the way it should be.

Mac4Lyfe

Yep, I grew up in a broke single parent home myself... No father.. We were poor and struggled.. My mother had a nervous breakdown because of tough times trying to raise 3 kids on her own with little education and or work skills.. She prayed and did it though..
    Today I'm a multi millionaire and can say that only because I worked smart and hard my entire life to get it. I applied myself.. My entire family isn't poor anymore.. My brother and sister do just fine also and we take care of our elderly mother today and remember the tough times she went thru working jobs that paid nothing.. She never went on welfare or general relief either even though she was a perfect candidate for it at the time.. My mother is my hero.
    I don't feel privileged at all.. I have a family history of the family tree serving in the military as well.. That's probably why I'm very patriotic and love this Country so much today..
    That's my story and I'm white...
    Your story is why America is so great. You worked hard and smart and made it. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to take advantage of opportunities. We will always have the poor and the stupid. No matter what we do, they will never make it on their own. It is our duty to take care of those less fortunate. Imagine if your upbringing was a little less hard. It's a tough burden to bear to help the helpless but we must. We might not save them but we might save their kids or grand kids.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I agree with pop for the most part. It doesnt matter if you were born black or white. It does matter where you are born though. A lot of wealthy people inherit their wealth and gets passed down. The same goes for education. It is extremely difficult for a kid who is born in a poor/ghetto neighborhood to make it. The schools dont get proper funding and a lot of teachers dont want to teach there in the first place. It is a messed up chain. As for the poster who touched on his friend that wanted to work in a particular community and was denied the job prob because of race or background; I dont think that was right. I use to live in a 60% black community and all of the officers were white. I didnt feel protected or felt like they had the community best interest in mind. Its notnormal to be prejudice and racist like a lot of you are here but I do understand. Everyone dont think alike and most people do hold on to grudges and previous experiences 'til the casket drop. I understand that most are white here and feel like you are the minority, but trust me when i tell you, YOU ARE AT AN ADVANTAGE. Dont play that card , because if you do, then dont say SHIT about a minority using current laws to their advantage.

astro61200

The system is broken. It makes more sense for someone on foodstamps to not work than to actually get a low-wage job and contribute. When a minimum wage job pays $7.15 an hour (is that still minimum wage or did it go up again?) but you take home $6/hour after taxes. Then the government reduces their foodstamps from $600 to $300 because they have income. Now they're netting ~$300 for working 100+ hours a month. Factor in child care and they'll be lucky to come out ahead. Add in money for welfare, and factor in that they can get medicaid for free. Why work?

I believe that if you're on welfare you have to go volunteer at places. In my opinion that's stupid. Instead of making people volunteer at food banks and such, why not require them to attend classes for a skill. They can learn a trade that would pay much better than welfare/food stamps and then they might actually think about going and getting a job because it would be worth it.

Sure, some wouldn't but it would be a lot more useful than having them hand out food to homeless people (not saying homeless people aren't worth it, saying that other volunteers would be happy to help with it instead of being required to do it.)

RickyRoma
    RickyRoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Popovich is right and it's up to the next generation to disassemble the walls of oppression between the races, genders and sexual orientation groups

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Pop saying how awful it is to be black while hes coaching on a team in a league where it's 95% black and you get paid hundreds of millions for being uneducated and dumb as rocks but can put a ball in a hole.
    Pop should stick to doing what he does best- COACHING
    He sounded like a fkn clueless idiot trying to gargle a few black pipes
    He knew what he was doing.
    Now all the blacks are like "yeah Pops is cool wit us"
    Last edited by BennyBigNuts; 02-04-17 at 03:12 AM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

yeah Pops needs to shut the F up about things he doesn't know about

if he wants to consider himself an expert on Race or Politics he needs to sign up for SBR and post in players talk

like all the other genius experts
    Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave Chi_archie 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Lol, what a joke. I remember years ago a had a buddy trying to get a police officer job in the city I live. 95% of applicants are white males, but the department wanted to hire 4 people - 1 being black and 1 bring a woman. I guarantee this happens everywhere on the US. Who's at a disadvantage then? It's no longer best man for the job.
    this is true. Had a buddy try out for sapd, san antonio police department. He had a few friends on the force and they told him dont even bother as the department was looking for minorities only. Double bonus if it was a minority woman. He's fine with it now since these cops are now the targets.

bradthebloke

no "white privilege" in the nba. They take the best man for the job, as they should in every other industry.

bradthebloke

total bs

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

The system is broken. It makes more sense for someone on foodstamps to not work than to actually get a low-wage job and contribute. When a minimum wage job pays $7.15 an hour (is that still minimum wage or did it go up again?) but you take home $6/hour after taxes. Then the government reduces their foodstamps from $600 to $300 because they have income. Now they're netting ~$300 for working 100+ hours a month. Factor in child care and they'll be lucky to come out ahead. Add in money for welfare, and factor in that they can get medicaid for free. Why work?

I believe that if you're on welfare you have to go volunteer at places. In my opinion that's stupid. Instead of making people volunteer at food banks and such, why not require them to attend classes for a skill. They can learn a trade that would pay much better than welfare/food stamps and then they might actually think about going and getting a job because it would be worth it.

Sure, some wouldn't but it would be a lot more useful than having them hand out food to homeless people (not saying homeless people aren't worth it, saying that other volunteers would be happy to help with it instead of being required to do it.)
    I've been saying and thinking that for years.. Giving free unaccountable government handouts will never motivate people to learn a trade and go out and find work it will only cripple and enable them.. It doesn't set a good example for their kids either to see that.. That how welfare generations begin.. Free HUD housing, Welfare checks for the rest of your life.. I've seen many in the hoods fake injuries or mental illness just to get on disability also. That's a $1000 a month for the rest of your life if you get on that..

I don't blame them for taking it either, I blame our Government officials for giving it.. YES YOU SHOULD FORCE EVERY WELFARE recipients to attend a school to learn a trade.. That would be a huge step in the right direction..

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    this is true. Had a buddy try out for sapd, san antonio police department. He had a few friends on the force and they told him dont even bother as the department was looking for minorities only. Double bonus if it was a minority woman. He's fine with it now since these cops are now the targets.
    I don't know about the police department but it would make sense to make sure that you have a diverse police force. Many problems we've seen are when an all white police force are enforcing an all minority community.

I hire people for a living in some of the most highly paid jobs and I can tell you that we ALWAYS hire the best person. I don't give a shit what color, size, religion, etc., can you do the job which means much more than just being able to number crunch. Can you relate to people, present yourself, present to others, etc. I have heard on occasion men tell me under their breath that they think we hired the woman because of some quota or to fill a gap. What they don't realize is that the woman interviewed better than them, was more qualified than them and just couldn't imagine a woman or minority was better than them.

First 123 Last