No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Ohio State is so bad. And no talent coming through the pipeline.
    Matta is an absolutely awful in-game coach. Always has been.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Maryland just gets no respect from the books. I would look it up, but im sure they have covered nearly every game recently
    Doesn't matter. KenPom will tell them otherwise the next time out.

Blind leading the blind.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ken Pom??

Lol

All that is computer model

Means nothin

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ken Pom??

Lol

All that is computer model

Means nothin
    KenPom's numbers match up almost exactly with Vegas books, both sides and totals, probably 75% of the time (within a single possession). Truth

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Matta is an absolutely awful in-game coach. Always has been.
    Funny thing is i got stuck watching him coach at xavier. I have argued with friends forever saying he is the worst coach that xavvier ever had. Gillen,prosser,miller ,stack and mack are all better. After 10 years they are starting to agree with me.

jjgold

Maryland might best team in nation

Who the heck knows

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Funny thing is i got stuck watching him coach at xavier. I have argued with friends forever saying he is the worst coach that xavvier ever had. Gillen,prosser,miller ,stack and mack are all better. After 10 years they are starting to agree with me.
    Couldn't agree more.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Maryland might best team in nation

Who the heck knows
    Vegas = clueless on CBB

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Maryland just gets no respect from the books. I would look it up, but im sure they have covered nearly every game recently
    7-0 in january covering

jjgold

I would of got hurt

Layed
    Off the trap

dwatersalec
    dwatersalec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5142

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Funny thing is i got stuck watching him coach at xavier. I have argued with friends forever
    saying he is the worst coach that xavvier ever had. Gillen,prosser,miller ,stack and mack are all better. After 10 years they are starting to agree with me.
    Gillen was pretty atrocious. Guy just couldn't conserve TOs to save his life.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I would of got hurt

Layed
    Off the trap
    Trap? It's not a trap. It's sheer stupidity. And free money.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Has to be Matta's last year.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by dwatersalec View Post
    Gillen was pretty atrocious. Guy just couldn't conserve TOs to save his life.
    He was a lot better than matta. Not a fan of his but he did raise the profile. He was able to go east and get players. Beat georgetown in ncaa 1990? tourney. Didn't like him not shaking huggins hand

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10202

Joe Public was sharper than the "Pros" on this game.

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

CBB not a big moneymaker for Vegas. That is why they do not care.

Why pay consultants 6 figures when you can pay a stat nerd $20 and basically get same thing?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Anyone that actually follows basketball knows maryland is good team, that the books give no respect to and ohio st is an nit team at best, easy money

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

Why do they give MD no respect if they keep winning and covering.. Makes no sense, they will probly adjust lines after this

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24793

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Joe Public was sharper than the "Pros" on this game.
    Yep, fear the turtle.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Don't know who will win... but public numbers are still 50/50 with college basketball kids. Truth be known.

Hard to rig a college basketball game.

I noticed a game last year that closed with 82% on spread and 89% on ML. That team still won.
    First of all, no it's not. There are a lot of different ways to manipulate both refs and players.

Second, who said anything about "rigging" this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

Not trying to come down on you too hard... But Wake the Fukk Up!!!

Numerous instances of rigged/shaved college basketball games have come to light. Imagine how many will never come out.

It's shouldn't be a nightly excuse for gamblers but it certainly DOES happen.

It's the easiest American sport to manipulate by far.

Who hasn't heard those college manipulating (game) stories back in the day? Everyone has.

Coin... you believe a college game is more fixed than the NBA? Where is your research behind this? Do tell.
    If a college kid has the balls to shave points in the year 2017 and on... it's a "LOCAL" issue. Would never be a Nationwide issue ever again... kids can't keep quiet... social media outlets everywhere. He'd slip up and be caught.

Where as the NBA... it's a WORLD WIDE PRODUCT. Things are mysteriously done.... for "entertainment" value. When the backdoor happens... it's a part of the wagering world.

If you base a wager on STRICTLY STATS.... you'd probably hit more than you'd lose when wagering college basketball.... until March Madness. Then the rigging begins.

NFL, NBA, NCAA Football... those games are easy to manipulate. Stats don't mean sh#$ in those sports.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Maryland is the team the public keeps cashing in on this year always a couple

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Joe public thinks the books are giving them a gift named Maryland ATS/ML.......

The fact is> OSU will cover the ATS...............

Game Over............

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    Why do they give MD no respect if they keep winning and covering.. Makes no sense, they will probly adjust lines after this
    thats what i thought after the minnesota game

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Who hasn't heard those college manipulating (game) stories back in the day? Everyone has.

Coin... you believe a college game is more fixed than the NBA? Where is your research behind this? Do tell.
    If a college kid has the balls to shave points in the year 2017 and on... it's a "LOCAL" issue. Would never be a Nationwide issue ever again... kids can't keep quiet... social media outlets everywhere. He'd slip up and be caught.

Where as the NBA... it's a WORLD WIDE PRODUCT. Things are mysteriously done.... for "entertainment" value. When the backdoor happens... it's a part of the wagering world.

If you base a wager on STRICTLY STATS.... you'd probably hit more than you'd lose when wagering college basketball.... until March Madness. Then the rigging begins.

NFL, NBA, NCAA Football... those games are easy to manipulate. Stats don't mean sh#$ in those sports.

I seldom read posts like this because usually it is the same old/same old. For some reason I found myself in this thread, I guess I wanted to learn something about Maryland and Ohio State. Got to this post and I think it is spot on.

Absolutely, who hasn't read or heard of those stories, you are correct money. I agree, the chance of kids doing it today will be on a local level and it will probably be on a not very public or famous named team. That can happen, but very unlikely it will be a national star player involved.

You know even before the change in rules I was never a big believer in fixed games. Do they happen, of course but I think it is rare. If you are going to be involved in fixing a game that necessarily means more than two people are involved. I agree with the old adage that three people can keep a secret if two are dead. It is just too difficult.

Hey, I may be wrong and I am willing to admit being wrong if I can see the numbers, see the facts behind the accusations. It is easy to say many games are fixed but it never comes out. I can't believe that, people talk, the FBI investigates, large betting sums are noticed. Plus, organized crime can make so much of a larger return on so many other crimes. Why would they invest serious money in the hands of a kid that can fck it up in a dozen different ways. Narcotics, so much easier. Just my thoughts, as I wrote I may be wrong.
    Last edited by dante1; 02-01-17 at 08:59 AM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Vegas = clueless on CBB
    You win anything yet in CBB?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    I seldom read posts like this because usually it is the same old/same old. For some reason I found myself in this thread, I guess I wanted to learn something about Maryland and Ohio State. Got to this post and I think it is spot on.

Absolutely, who hasn't read or heard of those stories, you are correct money. I agree, the chance of kids doing it today will be on a local level and it will probably be on a not very public or famous named team. That can happen, but very unlikely it will be a national star player involved.

You know even before the change in rules I was never a big believer in fixed games. Do they happen, of course but I think it is rare. If you are going to be involved in fixing a game that necessarily means more than two people are involved. I agree with the old adage that three people can keep a secret if two are dead. It is just too difficult.

Hey, I may be wrong and I am willing to admit being wrong if I can see the numbers, see the facts behind the accusations. It is easy to say many games are fixed but it never comes out. I can't believe that, people talk, the FBI investigates, large betting sums are noticed. Plus, organized crime can make so much of a larger return on so many other crimes. Why would they invest serious money in the hands of a kid that can fck it up in a dozen different ways. Narcotics, so much easier. Just my thoughts, as I wrote I may be wrong.
    What you just posted is spot on. It's unfortunate when wagering the variety of different sports... you have to factor in a possible rig. Your wagering approach should be different for every sport. The same approach I take for the NBA is totally different than NCAA Football. The same approach I take for the NFL... doesn't work for MLB. There's so many series of check downs you need to go through before making a wager. It sucks.

Sure in baseball.... there's value in who's the starting pitcher. And yes... there's value in knowing who's expected to come out of the bullpen. But, where's the value if the home plate umpire decides on a smaller strike zone for today's game? Or is known for a smaller strike zone? There is so many technicalities in breaking down a game.

Just like in the NBA... in the final 10 seconds of a game.... why do some teams on defense "let up" on the last shot (causing an underdog backdoor cover....) and why do some defenses play tough all the way through? Why play tough for 47 minutes and 50 seconds? But not the last 10 seconds? These are all logical questions... and the reason is simple... they are told what to do during the last play.

You only notice these things when watching a highly wagered national broadcast. One game comes to mind is Golden State VS Cleveland this past Christmas Day. Cleveland had no business winning that game. Golden State dominated the entire game. Look at the shot chart log. Look at the timeline. Golden State mysteriously only scored 21 points in the 4th qtr. They can score 21 points in 6 minutes if they wanted to. Furthermore at one point in the 4th Qtr G.S. was up by 14 with 9 minutes to go (should of won easily.) Yeah, that Cleveland defense is just so dominating at times... that game was just a show for the viewers.

And of course I think outside the box. That's just the way I've always been. There's people who wager on "feeling" and instinct. And there's a guy who wagers on strictly stats. You need to know that every sport can't be wagered the same. Trust me on that.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

same as always.

when i'm right its a ghost town

when i'm wrong,everybody's an expert...

the fact is you're all losers and you love to see failure......

the degenerate is very easy to spot.

jalein
    jalein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2650

I agree. I hit this game for 3 units. Brought it up to Maryland +3 at Heritage. If I had followed my gut I just would have bet Maryland and the ML and made out better. Oh well, a win is a win. I was actuallly surprised that there wasnt more noise on this game. Maryland has been uderrated most of the season. Now they are a quiet and very dangerous 20-2.

First 12