Betpoints: 1304

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Agree

terrenceross
    terrenceross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Guys like Cousins, Harden and Westbrook are having way better years.

I would also take Wall, Lowry or Lillard instantly before I take Thomas if I were building a team.

Sorry, but no.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by terrenceross View Post
    Guys like Cousins, Harden and Westbrook are having way better years.

I would also take Wall, Lowry or Lillard instantly before I take Thomas if I were building a team.

Sorry, but no.
    Yeah good points. But at 5'9" Thomas is the best player under 6 feet in the game.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

[QUOTE=Easy-Rider 66;26754058]Yeah good points. But at 5'9" Thomas is the best player under 6 feet in the game.[/QUOTE]

How many are there????

Easy-Rider 66

[QUOTE=44 Mag;26754065]
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yeah good points. But at 5'9" Thomas is the best player under 6 feet in the game.[/QUOTE]

How many are there????
    Another valid point. But I guess what I was implying is that how Thomas can succeed at the level he does in a game dominated by taller players is pretty impressive. Point taken.

Snake24
    Snake24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7076

Best closer in the league.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I think it depends on the definition of MVP. It's not the best player in the league... we know that from the Jordan years. There are two guys on the Warriors that disqualify each other. If the Cs over take the Cavs for first in the East he has to be in the discussion doesn't he?

Leads his team in assists and points. 2nd in the league in scoring by .8 to Westbrook. 47% FG to Westbrook's 42%.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

...and just heard on the radio he leads the league in 4th quarter scoring.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Doing well

Is he better than Harden?????????????

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

MVP of the last 12 minutes maybe

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I think it depends on the definition of MVP. It's not the best player in the league... we know that from the Jordan years. There are two guys on the Warriors that disqualify each other. If the Cs over take the Cavs for first in the East he has to be in the discussion doesn't he?

Leads his team in assists and points. 2nd in the league in scoring by .8 to Westbrook. 47% FG to Westbrook's 42%.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Harden is MVP, he is top 5 though.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

He's a good player. No question on that.

Um... Detroit's defense is as shi#$y as it gets.

Hope you didn't judge from last night's game.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Doing well

Is he better than Harden?????????????
    He isn't better than Curry or Durant and Celtics would trade him for those guys in a second along with 25 other guys. But what is the MVP award?

Have to agree with you guys on Harden though. He is doing it all on west coast with a better team record. D'Antoni is the MVP maker!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I still think you cannot win with a wild guy like this in the playoffs

Tougher defense will make him struggle and take bad shops

Celts need Anthony to beat Cleve

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

With cap space and the Brooklyn #1 pick next draft, along with a little luck, the Celts could give the CAVS a run next year.

Of course, Philly should be a player in the East next year. Not sure about the coach though.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Thomas isn't a top 10 player in the NBA. Not even close. Top 20.

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

mvp joke award lol...... just like Deshaun not winning heisman

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

This is a joke. OP clearly doesn't know hoops and or never played competitively before.

Harden
    Westbrook
    Giannis Greek freak
    Durant

That's ab it rly, IT2 not even close. Hey I'm glad he won a bet for u on a Tuesday night or whatever last week but to call him an mvp makes ur credibility that of TMZ.

Dude is quick and short but his game relies to much on 1 on 1 to draw a foul or get a jumpshot. Garbage defense. As a ball dominating PG that doesn't generate ball movement he's not even a top 5 PG in the league let alone MVP

CP3
    Curry
    Westbrook
    John wall
    Lowry

I'd even put mike Conley and kyrie ahead of IT2 at PG despite kyrie being a trash defender. Kemba walker very similar to IT2 and ab the same overall
    Last edited by shadymcgrady; 02-01-17 at 10:55 AM.

Goat Milk

If Thomas was an elite player his team would be a contender in the east plain and simple. Look at his team. Bradley. Crowder. Horford. Smart. Brown. Olynik. Amir Johnson. Solid ass team top to bottom.

Switch Thomas with CP3 and Boston is a legit threat in the east.

terrenceross

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Celts need Anthony to beat Cleve
    Jesus no....

The celts need an aging iso jumpshooter like I need a bullet in the head

Goat Milk

Jesus no....

The celts need an aging iso jumpshooter like I need a bullet in the head
    That aging iso jumpshooter would be the best player on the Celtics. Always hate when people use the words "aging" and "young talent." You are what you are in the NBA. Most "young talent" players stay irrelevant. A few break out. That's it. Who does Lebron have to spend energy guarding against Boston? Standing in the corner guarding Jay Crowder? LOL

shadymcgrady

There was a few yrs when melo was an elite player that could win with the right team around him. Think bigger stronger kobe type player. Now he's just an elite scorer

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    There was a few yrs when melo was an elite player that could win with the right team around him. Think bigger stronger kobe type player. Now he's just an elite scorer
    Elite scorers hard to come by in the NBA.

Would never compare him to Bryant obviously because Bryant was 9 time all first team defense (an NBA record) but I see your point.

Everyone always quick to rag on Melo but who is the SF on their team? Jay Crowder? Mba a Moute? Otto Porter? Turner/Harkless? "Oh yeah, those guys are young and talented." None of those guys will ever do shit compared to Melo.

shadymcgrady

Melo would easily be the best player on Boston today. He's the best player on the Knicks right now, just not the most popular or liked by the fans

terrenceross

Melo is not good. Im sorry. He showed up for the olympics and played well. But hes an iso jumpshooter who PLAYS A VERY SLOW GAME (maybe because of his age).

He can put up points, and he can sink shots, but his brand of basketball isnt explosive to the point where he will be the key to any one team winning the championship.

He has no where near the amount of intensity and vocal leadership qualities that are needed from a Franchise player. Look at what differs between the champ Lebron and Melo. Lebron plays with speed, intensity, and is the most vocal and passionate person on his team. Does Melo really share any of those qualities? Me thinks not.

shadymcgrady

I wrote that melo had a few yrs or window where he could've won as the best player but that time has since passed. He may not have leadership no but his skill set is rare and only a handful of people in the league have it. Lebron isn't one of them. That's not to say anything ab who's better or what not just that melos footwork and mechanics will have him playing at an elite level much longer than someone who relies on athleticism. But to say he's not a good player bc of some deficiencies despite his rare talents is a bit of a stretch

Goat Milk

Melo is not good. Im sorry. He showed up for the olympics and played well. But hes an iso jumpshooter who PLAYS A VERY SLOW GAME (maybe because of his age).

He can put up points, and he can sink shots, but his brand of basketball isnt explosive to the point where he will be the key to any one team winning the championship.

He has no where near the amount of intensity and vocal leadership qualities that are needed from a Franchise player. Look at what differs between the champ Lebron and Melo. Lebron plays with speed, intensity, and is the most vocal and passionate person on his team. Does Melo really share any of those qualities? Me thinks not.
    Lebron wasn't a good leader till he teamed up with Wade. Wade showed him what it meant to lead. Melo's game has always been slow and methodical. He's never been that explosive. Offensively, right now, currently....I want Melo with the ball in his hands over Lebron in the last minute of a game. Melo is gonna get me that bucket more times than not.

I don't think in today's NBA Melo can be the best player on a winning team. Not when you add 2 MVPs in their ultimate prime on the same team (ala Warriors) and how Miami did it with Wade and Bron in their primes. Melo never played with a player on that level. Sure he had Allen Iverson, but Iverson was no Durant or Wade at that point in his career.

Melo needs to play with a true leader like CP3.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I wrote that melo had a few yrs or window where he could've won as the best player but that time has since passed. He may not have leadership no but his skill set is rare and only a handful of people in the league have it. Lebron isn't one of them. That's not to say anything ab who's better or what not just that melos footwork and mechanics will have him playing at an elite level much longer than someone who relies on athleticism. But to say he's not a good player bc of some deficiencies despite his rare talents is a bit of a stretch
    Exactly. But that might be hard for someone with Terrence Ross (guy that is ridiculously athletic but a D-league level player) as their avatar hard to understand.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Exactly. But that might be hard for someone with Terrence Ross (guy that is ridiculously athletic but a D-league level player) as their avatar hard to understand.
    Now that's humorous

terrenceross

You just proved how little you know about the NBA saying that Tross is a d- league player. Thanks for indirectly making your points about Melo less valid.

Goat Milk

You just proved how little you know about the NBA saying that Tross is a d- league player. Thanks for indirectly making your points about Melo less valid.
    "Bro Terrence Ross is so young and talented. It's not worth giving him up for Melo. He's so young. So talented. Has such a bright future."

Pretty sure guys like you been saying this about Terrence Ross for 3 years. And it'll go on for another 3 years. Till he fades outta the league.

"Did you see how high Terrence Ross jumps? He's amazing! He's so athletic!"

He's a clown. A bench player for his whole career.

terrenceross

"Bro Terrence Ross is so young and talented. It's not worth giving him up for Melo. He's so young. So talented. Has such a bright future."

Pretty sure guys like you been saying this about Terrence Ross for 3 years. And it'll go on for another 3 years. Till he fades outta the league.

"Did you see how high Terrence Ross jumps? He's amazing! He's so athletic!"

He's a clown. A bench player for his whole career.

Im not sure what this incessant ramble is trying to prove but

A) Melo is currently not a good player, and most people agree with me. He is team cancer. Period

B) Attacking Terrence Ross as a "D league level player" doesn't add anything to your Melo argument.

It just makes you look uneducated in the NBA, which ultimately undermines anything you say about Melo.

Everybody and their mother knows that T-Ross is a blue chip youngster.

123 Last