juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Lotta friends want the gambler in the room to lose. Can't stand those hater types. Sometimes they try to play it off like they aren't, but it's pretty obvious.
    You should get new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by HossWilbur View Post
    When I stop over my grandparents and put a game on, my grandpa will ask which team I took, then promptly root against me... rubbing it in when I lose.
    You should get a new grandpa.
    Points Awarded:

Hu$tle gave juicername 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post

You should get a new grandpa.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

why would anyone visit their grandparents. you want to update them on your life. most grandparents don't even know their grandchildren's names or ages. talk about wasting your time. anyone who does this must have nothing to do.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Lotta friends want the gambler in the room to lose. Can't stand those hater types. Sometimes they try to play it off like they aren't, but it's pretty obvious.
    Time to pick some new friends, all my friends root for me to win when we are hanging out..

Then again all my friends are older, mature and paid and don't get jealous when they see their buddy win money...

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

i dont tell people when i have $ on games most of the time because i dont want them to bug me about it and constantly ask me questions

my dad likes to razz me when the leafs or steelers are losing which is whatever, thats fine. but i hate when people razz me when im losing a bet

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Time to pick some new friends, all my friends root for me to win when we are hanging out..

Then again all my friends are older, mature and paid and don't get jealous when they see their buddy win money...
    they may be vocally rooting for you but human nature more than likely would have them silently deep down actually not rooting for you. no one wants to see someone else succeed unless they are along for the same ride friend or foe.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

It really depends on the sport:/action I have/etc.

My biggest pet peeve is when you have a big wager on a game ($200, $500 or maybe even $1000) and some guy is cheering for the other team, and they don't have a dime on it. When they win they are cheering and jumping in your face.....even though you also got punched in the wallet.

Unless it's a playoff game, if my buddy has a big bet on my team, I would rather my friend win his wager.

The same applies when I have a big bet down and some guy cheers because his fantasy K gets an additional three points, but it costs me a grand in real life. The fukker probably didn't need those K points anyway.

I also don't like to be around judgemental women....why do you gamble? Gamblers are bad. You will always lose long term (no, I won't bitch!).

At the same time, I like to get bombed with some buddies watching some games....so I just have to be annoyed with the other things and (mostly) bit my tongue.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    they may be vocally rooting for you but human nature more than likely would have them silently deep down actually not rooting for you. no one wants to see someone else succeed unless they are along for the same ride friend or foe.
    I disagree and it depends how mature and caring you are towards your friends..

If you saw a good friend or family member down and out in life and he let what he had ride to survive you probably wouldn't want to see him lose that bet now would you? I know I would be rooting like crazy for him to win..

Only problem though if he won he'd probably let it ride again and again til he lost.. That's usually the case with gamblers who bet like that in the first place ..

That shit only happens in the movies...

CK
    CK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

I'm in the camp that I generally don't let people know I have money on the game when watching together, so no one is the wiser. On occasion, if I won, I felt an implicit (or subconscious) feeling that they expected I buy a round or pick up the tab (ie. if we were out at a bar) to celebrate. Not often, but with certain people who aren't bettors, they think it's all dumb luck and expected me to "share the wealth"... Was annoying (especially in Vegas). Sometimes if I won big, yah, I'll do it because I'm in such a good mood, but different story when it's the expectation...

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

I can. Many non gamblers that still love sports. I can't stand to be around the ones that want nothing to do with sports though. BYEBYE

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

I was in Rio for part of the 2014 World Cup, ended up running into a big group of Ozzies and watched the Chile-Australia game with them. I had a couple hundred on Chile -1...the score was 2-1 for Chile for most of the match, and then a few minutes into added time Chile scores to make it 3-1. Had to quietly celebrate on that one but one guy noticed

was a great group and I was cool settling with the push until that last minute surprise. EVERYBODY in the bar was hoping for an equalizer though

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Yeah. All the time. You just have to watch with die hard sports fans. There are plenty of ppl out there that LOVE sports but don't gamble, or know anything about it. It's all about sports at the end of the day for me. I've been gambling for like 15 years, but honestly, I just love sports bro. Playing. Watching. Going to sports events. Sports is a huge part of my life and always will be.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

The worst is when you have a good week or month and your friend asks you to make weekend wagers for them on your picks and it loses. they assume you never miss.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    The worst is when you have a good week or month and your friend asks you to make weekend wagers for them on your picks and it loses. they assume you never miss.
    Yeah ive had friends ask if I can put bets down for them if they give me money,dont like to do it.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Yeah, I don't make picks for other people. Too much of a hassle. When it wins they expect the money in their hand 10 seconds after it wins, when it loses they think you either didn't make the pick and pocketed their money or you lied about winning before.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Yeah, I don't make picks for other people. Too much of a hassle. When it wins they expect the money in their hand 10 seconds after it wins, when it loses they think you either didn't make the pick and pocketed their money or you lied about winning before.
    Exactly. Their wager becomes much more stressful than your own.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Also annoys me when they make a bet with you and they lose, then they think you just bet on the same team repeatedly so try to get to take another bet on that team the next game. Just because I thought they'd win Game A doesn't mean I think they'll win Game B.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Astro stop being such a stickler lol

Sports are supposed to be fun

Stop involving math

Most people don't know about gambling.... Who cares?

It's about grabbing a drink and enjoying great sporting events with your close friends and fam.

Let go.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    The same applies when I have a big bet down and some guy cheers because his fantasy K gets an additional three points, but it costs me a grand in real life. The fukker probably didn't need those K points anyway.
    Hmm, this may be why I don't hang out with a friend as much as old times. He constantly asks me who he should play in fantasy. While I have a grand in action, and then get a text about some guy on his team who just shat on my bet. I may freak out on him from time to time.

I pick this fools team basically too. He texts me at the draft for advice on every damn pick. I print him out everything, and star the people I'd take, and X the ones I wouldn't. He won last year, and came in 2nd this year. I started playing FF when I was like 7. But, gave up playing the past three years for money because it's a waste of damn time. Also interferes with gambling. Can't keep a clear head. I hate hearing people talk about it now.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'll never make a bet for a friend. I have to pay right away, and then I lose my damn balance.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I love sports too, but I don't think I would watch it daily if I didn't have money on it.. Waste of time..

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Here's the worst.

It's known that you have a bet and you get a bad beat, and there's some waste-of-life asshead who has to say NOW THAT'S WHY I DON'T GAMBLE ON SPORTS!!!

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Here's the worst.

It's known that you have a bet and you get a bad beat, and there's some waste-of-life asshead who has to say NOW THAT'S WHY I DON'T GAMBLE ON SPORTS!!!
    Speaking of people that should be deported...

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

#thatswhyidontgambleonsportsguyban

First 12