MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

UFC on Fox 23 Think Tank

What are you guys liking? Should be an entertaining night of fights.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Cerrone.

Guy has had been a cash machine for me.

MMANick

I like Cerrone here a lot. I'm seeing him @ -150, seems like a value play. Masvidal is tough as nails and well rounded, but I'm pretty sure Cowboy has more weapons and will take a semi-competitive decision.

I really think this is a good weekend for making money on Combat sports. I'm liking Mikey Garcia parlayed w/ the over in the Frampton vs Santa Cruz fight in Boxing.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by MMANick View Post
    I like Cerrone here a lot. I'm seeing him @ -150, seems like a value play. Masvidal is tough as nails and well rounded, but I'm pretty sure Cowboy has more weapons and will take a semi-competitive decision.

I really think this is a good weekend for making money on Combat sports. I'm liking Mikey Garcia parlayed w/ the over in the Frampton vs Santa Cruz fight in Boxing.
    Cerrone is my biggest bet on this card. Worries me that Bigday is on him too.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bjpenn85, Rich Benjamins, GunShard, and El Nino

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Watch your tone suhn.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Watch your tone suhn.
    Let's just both cash it then, eh?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Let's just both cash it then, eh?
    We do it with ease on Saturday.

Hugo de Naranja

We do it with ease on Saturday.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Damn men, Jorge Masvidal is really going to come spoil that party.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Damn men, Jorge Masvidal is really going to come spoil that party.

Chaeler, I'm cashin.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Chaeler, I'm cashin.
    I'll tell you he ain't going to finish that boy, we going to war, Gamebred!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Cerrone via sub.. mark my words.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Cowboy and I come from the same roots.

MMANick

I don't see a finish either. What do you guys think of these?

Shevchenko

Ngannou (ITD obviously and it saddens me to say that as I love AA)

Knight(One of my favorite plays. Love his style versus Bruce LeRoy as he's always aggressive and in your face)

Assuncao(Huge Sterling fan, but Assuncao is so well rounded. Sterling is going to look out of place on the feet as the grappling cancels each other out)

Pantoja(Plus odds now and more skilled than Shelton everywhere. Shelton is the better athlete, but that's about it)

Leans: Cottrell, De Lima, Spicely, Johnson, Alvey by KO/TKO.

Thoughts, gents?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

LeRoy blows.

Knight with ease.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

Cowboy U2.5 (+190) and Pena (+110) for a parlay is what I'm looking at

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Dangerous on Cerrone guys. I agree he's looked excellent lately but that Matt Brown fight was very close and probably 1-1 at best before he finished Brown late. It sounds cliche now that Cerrone has knocked out Rick Story and Patrick Cote, two VERY durable guys but Jorge Masvidal will not go away. He may be a "boring point fighter" at times but don't let that fool you. When he comes forward to bang, he is a top 5 fighter at any division. The problem is that he tends to be too passive and just counter-strike with less active fighters. He also possesses a solid chin and a ton of heart. I can't fault people for loading up on Cerrone though. Outside of the Brown fight, the guy looked like the best pound for pound fighter in the world at WW. I'm staying away from a play but have to have an ATS bet for all the fights on this card for a contest.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Dangerous on Cerrone guys. I agree he's looked excellent lately but that Matt Brown fight was very close and probably 1-1 at best before he finished Brown late. It sounds cliche now that Cerrone has knocked out Rick Story and Patrick Cote, two VERY durable guys but Jorge Masvidal will not go away. He may be a "boring point fighter" at times but don't let that fool you. When he comes forward to bang, he is a top 5 fighter at any division. The problem is that he tends to be too passive and just counter-strike with less active fighters. He also possesses a solid chin and a ton of heart. I can't fault people for loading up on Cerrone though. Outside of the Brown fight, the guy looked like the best pound for pound fighter in the world at WW. I'm staying away from a play but have to have an ATS bet for all the fights on this card for a contest.
    Not looking for a KO/TKO.

Sub.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Cowboy+foot2cheek=nap

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I got +600 on sub and it's cashin.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

I got +600 on sub and it's cashin.
    libe the value there BD!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

need to know who fights are set for

25% are rigged maybe more

Guys are broke who fight and betting is there only way to make cash

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Not Today

TPowell

Shevchenko

Knight(One of my favorite plays. Love his style versus Bruce LeRoy as he's always aggressive and in your face)

Assuncao(Huge Sterling fan, but Assuncao is so well rounded. Sterling is going to look out of place on the feet as the grappling cancels each other out)

Pantoja(Plus odds now and more skilled than Shelton everywhere. Shelton is the better athlete, but that's about it)

Thoughts, gents?

I like your thoughts but I don't get it with Knight. His striking is terrible. He comes forward and essentially tells you to hit him because he's swinging for the fences and doesn't care. That style may be tough to employ against a quick guy like Caceres who also has a reach edge in this fight. My worry is that Caceres does dumb stuff to lose fights and TRY to lose fights even in his winning fights. I can see people thinking Knight will pressure him and rattle him by not giving him room but it may be tough considering Caceres should be WORLDS faster than Knight on the feet.

I also like your Pantoja lean. I guess I'm supposed to believe that Pantoja somehow isn't as good as Shelton because of something stupid like TUF? Pantoja isn't great on the feet for sure, but his grappling is amazing and I can't see Shelton staying upright for 15 minutes. Maybe he scrambles up easy and frustrates Pantoja but Pantoja is easily the best non TUF fighters that Shelton has faced. Also, everybody makes a big deal out of him being under-seeded as the 15 seed and maybe he was but the 2 seed he beat was VERY overrated. The guy (#2 seed in TUF that he beat) was 5-0 as a pro in random Canadian regional orgs and actually scored a majority draw decision against Tyson Nam in the Triumph promotion in his first fight since TUF. In short, too many people are overvaluing what happened on TUF and saying how Shelton is improving so much and all that. The guy hasn't fought any competition outside of Tim Elliot and I'm not sure Pantoja isn't a better fighter anyway

Hugo de Naranja

Shevchenko

Thoughts, gents?
    On a lot of the same although it's best to be careful with Ngannou. He could easily be a parlay buster if he gets clipped early. I'm on the first 4 you mentioned and will take Pantoja if he gets a little higher.

TPowell

On the Ngannou fight. There is NO WAY I'm laying 4 to 1 on him against Arlovski. Does AA have a bad chin? Sure it does. Is he washed up? Yeah, he probably is. The one thing we know about AA is that he is a good striker and EASILY the best guy that Ngannou has ever fought. Outside of Blaydes, Ngannou has been facing guys that will never ever sniff the top 20 of the UFC HW division of all divisions. Bojangles and Hamilton are absolutely terrible. Bojangles isn't UFC worthy at LHW, much less at HW. Luis (KLB) may have some promise at 265 and I like Blaydes a lot as well but Blaydes has issues when he can't keep guys on the ground and he couldn't do it against a big physical guy like Ngannou. I'm just not sure ANYBODY really knows how good Ngannou is RIGHT NOW due to his last couple cakewalks

MMANick

This is great conversation guys. And yes Knight plods forward, but he throws bombs and has a great guard. I think it's one of the best plays on the card. He's not going to give Caceres room to breathe.

MMANick

On the Ngannou fight. There is NO WAY I'm laying 4 to 1 on him against Arlovski. Does AA have a bad chin? Sure it does. Is he washed up? Yeah, he probably is. The one thing we know about AA is that he is a good striker and EASILY the best guy that Ngannou has ever fought. Outside of Blaydes, Ngannou has been facing guys that will never ever sniff the top 20 of the UFC HW division of all divisions. Bojangles and Hamilton are absolutely terrible. Bojangles isn't UFC worthy at LHW, much less at HW. Luis (KLB) may have some promise at 265 and I like Blaydes a lot as well but Blaydes has issues when he can't keep guys on the ground and he couldn't do it against a big physical guy like Ngannou. I'm just not sure ANYBODY really knows how good Ngannou is RIGHT NOW due to his last couple cakewalks
    I get where you're coming from. I just think Ngannou is going to be bigger, faster and stronger here. Now, I'm not playing him at 4-1, I'll see what the TKO and ITD prop will get me.

TPowell

I REALLY wish I had some of the Arlovski by TKO at +760 like when it opened. That is a no brainer play IMO. Arlovski is still a dangerous striker and Ngannou hasn't been tested in the standup yet AT ALL

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

LeRoy blows.

Knight with ease.
    Incredibly, I agree with BigDay here.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Benjamins View Post
    Incredibly, I agree with BigDay here.

Cause we're sharp fukks.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rich Benjamins

Rich Benjamins
    Rich Benjamins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3698

Just looking at those 2 above interviews, I think Ngannou is worth a bet as a -400 or even a -500 favorite. I know people give me shit for betting on heavy favorites. But look at the demeanor of each fighter in the 2 interviews. It's as if the fight already happened and Ngannou KOed Arlovski in the first round.

Ngannou is beaming, very happy about the fight and confident in himself. He's loving life, everyone is pretty much calling him the UFC Heavyweight champ already.

Then look at Arlovski. He looks scared and depressed. He said that he has no choice to fight Ngannou because he lost his last 3 fights. Even the interviewer asked him how he feels after losing 4 fights in a row. Arlovski says "i've lost 3 in a row", and the interviewer says: "yea but if you lose this one too." it's like everyone's just waiting for Arlovski to get destroyed, including Arlovski.
    Last edited by Rich Benjamins; 01-26-17 at 09:00 PM.

MMANick

I'm with you guys.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Cerrone fights anyone with a clue that has hands he gets picked apart. I see mas dominating him on the feet. W e shall see

Hugo de Naranja

I REALLY wish I had some of the Arlovski by TKO at +760 like when it opened. That is a no brainer play IMO. Arlovski is still a dangerous striker and Ngannou hasn't been tested in the standup yet AT ALL
    Arlovski Round 1 is (+825) still

12 Last