reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Thompson is way better defensively and a better rebounder.

When Thompson drains shots he just runs down the curt. He doesn't shimmy his shoulders, dance and chew on a mouthpiece.
    The NBA probably just feels like Steph Curry's baby face & his baby momma are more marketable for whatever reason. Klay Thompson is the better player, but he doesn't put on the flashy antics that the public likes to eat up I guess.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    fwiw curry is probably much stronger than you think.

i haven't heard anything about his bench press, but he can dead lift 400
    400 isn't a lot but it's not horrible.

I don't think he is strong at all but he is in good condition if that makes sense. I don't think he is fragile.

Wouldn't you agree he is the 3rd or 4th best player on that team?

He is a great shooter that is flashy. That style doesn't translate as well in post-season play.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Was funny watching this clown at the all Star game saying he needed 3 tries to get in a half court shot. Meanwhile he took 10 shots and missed them all.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Westbrook scored last 14 points to take the lead.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    fwiw curry is probably much stronger than you think.

i haven't heard anything about his bench press, but he can dead lift 400
    Deadlift 400? I've got a better question who here can't Deadlift 400? If u said squat 400 free weights than that would be respectable... for someone of Currys build who's a professional athlete. Ya know the guys that get paid millions to gym it everyday.

BTW junior, ur the genius that spouted off about klay Thompson as the franchise when gsw was dreadful while everyone who knew basketball knew that curry was the franchise despite being injured. Ur exact words yrs ago back then were klay is the future only to see curry come back from injury the yr after and take the league by storm making "the future" an afterthought and now ur "future" is expendable with durant in town. I'm not even the dub nation fan u claim to be but clearly ur not one of the bright ones
    Last edited by shadymcgrady; 02-28-17 at 11:00 PM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I'm not biased, I don't like Lebron much either.

I can agree to that. He definitely started this mess.
    Guess you aren't old enough to remember 2008.

Celtics beat the Lakers in 6, winning game 6 by around 30 points.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Another awful shooting night from 3.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is not as good as 2 years ago

lakerboy

You guys will soon realize.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Klay is not better, he is better on defense and spot ups though. Not much of a rebounder for his size.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Whenever I watch some of the league's biggest stars play entire games I realize how inefficient some of them are.

Every time I watch Russell Westbrook I walk away thinking that he's one of those guys whose highlight reel makes him look unreal. Meanwhile he misses way more shots than he takes. He is a good passer and a good transition guy. He has no business shooting the ball as much as he does.

I think I wrote something about this on here a year or so ago.

Curry is similar though, I will admit, I do occasionally watch GSW games and get blown away by not only the skill but the sheer audacity that goes along with it. Having said that, he is not as good as I think a lot of people think he is. He and Klay are the NBA equivalent of system quarterbacks. Good players, great fit. Not the other way around. As the NBA Continues to move more towards the perimeter oriented game I think we are going to realize that we overreacted to guys succeeding when this style of play was in its infancy. While I am not denying that curry is seriously talented player, I think the extent to which he has been glorified by the league is a product of his being a few years ahead of his time as far as style is concerned.

The great shooters of the past were often marginalized by the fact that the 3 wasn't a huge part of the game when they played. The Ray Allens, Reggie Millers and Abdul Raufs of the game might find themselves more highly regarded if they had played in today's game.

Meanwhile, the back-to-the-basket big man seems a thing of the past. How would we view guys like David Robinson or Olajuwon today had they played in a more perimeter centered league. We may have never seen them reach the heights they did if the game's style had been what it is today during that era.

Jesus wtf am I talking about?
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bigbadbilll007
    bigbadbilll007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

we will find how great he is with time. bet everyone doubted MJ the first five years at bulls (well he would come in for some slack in modern era ha)

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

OK let's say they don't sign Curry. Who is gonna be their point guard? Are there really better choices out there?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    OK let's say they don't sign Curry. Who is gonna be their point guard? Are there really better choices out there?
    The cap makes is such that salary has little to do with how good a guy actually is. LB's argument would make more sense in a baseball context.

Will they sign curry for max money?
    Yes.

Should he among the 5 highest paid players?
    No.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I said not for big money. They will regret it

jjgold

You cannot win in nba just taking long jump shots

It costed them last year

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i would nominate this for worst thread in history on any forum if there were such awards..

first off, GSW won the title in 2015 and were up 3-1 in 2016 and would mostly likely have won if draymond hadn't been suspended - although i thought suspension was justified.

as to paying steph curry huge $$$$$, have you see the players that are being paid over $15 to $20mm per year or even who will be making $30MM per year shortly. mike conley is either highest paid player or signed biggest contract ever, think about that.

if the league had a 100% hard salary cap of $100MM and there were no limits on player pay within that i'm sure lots of teams would be happy to pay curry $70MM per year, get a semi-elite defensive centre and another combo guard with much of the rest of the $$$ and then play semi-scrubs with them.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Deadlift 400? I've got a better question who here can't Deadlift 400? If u said squat 400 free weights than that would be respectable... for someone of Currys build who's a professional athlete. Ya know the guys that get paid millions to gym it everyday.

BTW junior, ur the genius that spouted off about klay Thompson as the franchise when gsw was dreadful while everyone who knew basketball knew that curry was the franchise despite being injured. Ur exact words yrs ago back then were klay is the future only to see curry come back from injury the yr after and take the league by storm making "the future" an afterthought and now ur "future" is expendable with durant in town. I'm not even the dub nation fan u claim to be but clearly ur not one of the bright ones
    you mad

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i would nominate this for worst thread in history on any forum if there were such awards..

first off, GSW won the title in 2015 and were up 3-1 in 2016 and would mostly likely have won if draymond hadn't been suspended - although i thought suspension was justified.

as to paying steph curry huge $$$$$, have you see the players that are being paid over $15 to $20mm per year or even who will be making $30MM per year shortly. mike conley is either highest paid player or signed biggest contract ever, think about that.

if the league had a 100% hard salary cap of $100MM and there were no limits on player pay within that i'm sure lots of teams would be happy to pay curry $70MM per year, get a semi-elite defensive centre and another combo guard with much of the rest of the $$$ and then play semi-scrubs with them.
    Dude do you watch the NBA? Curry had done nothing in those 2 finals. NOTHING.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    400 isn't a lot but it's not horrible.

I don't think he is strong at all but he is in good condition if that makes sense. I don't think he is fragile.

Wouldn't you agree he is the 3rd or 4th best player on that team?

He is a great shooter that is flashy. That style doesn't translate as well in post-season play.
    Klay is a great defender, but he is purely catch and shoot on offense. The game he scored 60 I believe the stat was that he took 11 dribbles and possessed the ball for 85 seconds or something.o

Draymond is an elite defender, but it is a stretch to say he's better than Curry.

Any GM in the league would take Curry over either of these guys. And although he is not only a great shooter, he is far and away the best shooter the league has ever seen and can do it off the dribble as well, he is far more than just a great shooter.

Having said that I think KD is better than Curry hands down.

lakerboy

Lol this dumbfukk can't even carry the team while Durant is out. Kid is a bust.

jjgold

He peaked

Not great anymore

New Curry in NBA now and in Dallas

dawg_chaser
    dawg_chaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He peaked

Not great anymore

New Curry in NBA now and in Dallas
    Curry's confidence gone

Used to be able to nail shots at half court

Now misses open threes. Players no longer scared of him

Plus weak mentally

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

Do you guys even NBA?

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

LB you're joking right?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Do you guys even NBA?
    Even NBA?

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

He is horrible , nba career basically over, trade him for a 2nd round pick

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED

You guys are hilarious.

lakerboy

Let's see what he does in the playoffs specifically the finals

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED

I do think Thompson is a better overall player than Curry. He is much better defensively and is more of a presence when driving in due to his size.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

40 points 9 threes reb 8ast st to

trade him quick

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    40 points 9 threes reb 8ast st to

trade him quick
    Guy wait till the finals.

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Wait till the finals? So he will be on one of the two teams in the finals. They get there without him?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Is he overrated? Yes, but there are tons of players getting max money. He is at least among them.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

is he overrated lmao? you clowns dont nba like i thought

First 1234 Last