Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    Stayed at Paris many times and like it. In fact, I will be going in a couple weeks and staying there. Paris resort fees are $32
    Agree. Will look to stay here again next time.

Check out is just clicking a link in an email as well, which I like.

Bye Bye Vegas... leaving right now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Well put! Thats what it felt like talking to her.... A Jedi Mind Trick!!

After thinking about it and looking at my official booking and receipt from expedia I think you are right and they didn't charge me the fee, but just showed the total price including the fee (and charged me less than the total quoted number when i paid). Have to double check statement when home on Friday to be sure.

So the Jedi mind trick lady may have been correct after all.

Still it felt confusing her looking at that and still saying no that does not mean the fee is included

I have really loved 99% of things about America and mostly the people this trip, but have to say these 'tricks' where you never know the real price of anything up front gets a bit disconcerting sometimes. Was told doctor would cost $99 and anti-biotics about $40 today before I went in... by the end was about $200 with taxes and fees and whatever else they add afterward.

Anyway... have had a great time apart from last couple of days so sick so not going to penny pinch about it. Honestly think Vegas hotels are good value even with the resort fee. Cant imagine any other major city in the world where I could get a room like this in a 'grand hotel' for near the price.
    If you had used condoms you could have saved yourself the $200 and that would have paid for your room fees. Next time.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Well put! Thats what it felt like talking to her.... A Jedi Mind Trick!!

After thinking about it and looking at my official booking and receipt from expedia I think you are right and they didn't charge me the fee, but just showed the total price including the fee (and charged me less than the total quoted number when i paid). Have to double check statement when home on Friday to be sure.

So the Jedi mind trick lady may have been correct after all.

Still it felt confusing her looking at that and still saying no that does not mean the fee is included

I have really loved 99% of things about America and mostly the people this trip, but have to say these 'tricks' where you never know the real price of anything up front gets a bit disconcerting sometimes. Was told doctor would cost $99 and anti-biotics about $40 today before I went in... by the end was about $200 with taxes and fees and whatever else they add afterward.

Anyway... have had a great time apart from last couple of days so sick so not going to penny pinch about it. Honestly think Vegas hotels are good value even with the resort fee. Cant imagine any other major city in the world where I could get a room like this in a 'grand hotel' for near the price.
    Damn Obamacare...

Hope you feel better, pal!

First 123