TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Golden Tate Says Matthew Stafford Deserves To Be The Highest Paid QB In The NFL

From CBS Detroit

For Matthew Stafford, it’s all quiet on the contract front heading into the 2017 offseason. Neither he nor his agent has been contacted by the Lions organization about a potential extension.
    “No, haven’t heard anything,” Stafford said on Monday, during the team’s season-ending interviews.
    Stafford’s current deal expires at the end of the 2017 season. It’s widely believed that he’ll sign an extension before that time comes, but don’t expect Stafford, whose wife Kelly is expecting twins in April, to instigate negotiations.
    “It’s not up to me,” he said. “It’s up to the people upstairs and the Fords and whether they want to or not. So it’s not on the forefront of my mind at the moment. Got a lot of things going on personally that are important to me, so I’ll figure that out when I need to.”
    Asked if he would welcome the opportunity to talk with the Lions about a potential extension, Stafford said, “I’m not going to deal with hypotheticals, man. If they come to me, they come to me. If they don’t, they don’t. I’ll talk to you guys about it then.”
    It was reported in November that Stafford was seeking an extension that would make him the highest-paid player in the NFL, a rumor he quickly shot down. But the fact remains that the 28-year-old QB (to be 29 next month) is due for a raise on his current $17.6 million salary.
    Andrew Luck is the NFL’s highest-paid quarterback at the moment, making over $24 million per year. It’s not unrealistic to think Stafford could assume that title with his next contract.
    If that ends up being the case, wide receiver Golden Tate would have one thing to tell his QB: “Well deserved, my friend. You’ve done everything you possibly can.”
    “I think he’s done more than his part,” Tate added. “He’s been in the community, he’s been a voice for the city, he’s helped us win a bunch of ball games. He’s been here through the highs, the lows, he’s gained everyone’s trust.
    “Athletically, he’s still going up. I think he’s like a fine wine. He gets better with age. I think he deserves it, no doubt. I think he puts in the work every single day. We just gotta help him out, we gotta help him out. So I hope he does.”
    Prior to injuring his finger in Week 14, Stafford was enjoying an MVP-level season. He finished the year with 24 touchdowns, 10 interceptions and a passer rating of 93.3

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Not even the best QB in his own division

TheMoneyShot

Isn't Stafford 1-24 in road games VS .500 teams or better?

How can anyone earn 20+ million a year with this horrible record?

What will the Ford Family do?

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Not even the best QB in his own division
    Golden Taint is a moron

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Your Lions are doomed for life Money,haven't won a road playoff game since 1957,forget winning a SB.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Your Lions are doomed for life Money,haven't won a road playoff game since 1957,forget winning a SB.
    Na, lions are close. Way too many injuries this year. Thought Lions would win 1 playoff game this year then get bounced. We need to keep doing good in the draft and maybe get another few free agents this year. Ngata looks like he's finished. We need another rusher to pair Ansah with. Also need another CB and a premier safety and I think we're a contender.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Na, lions are close. Way too many injuries this year. Thought Lions would win 1 playoff game this year then get bounced. We need to keep doing good in the draft and maybe get another few free agents this year. Ngata looks like he's finished. We need another rusher to pair Ansah with. Also need another CB and a premier safety and I think we're a contender.
    Goat... do you think The Ford's will give Stafford what he wants? Contract ends at the end of the 2017 season. Seems like this will be a distraction next year.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

"He's the most handsome quarterback.....The funniest quarterback.....Can I have the ball more next year Matt???"

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Of course Stafford does not deserve to be the highest paid player, but Tate is not the first receiver to support his QB.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He shouldn't be the highest paid, but their failures aren't on him. Put him in New England, and he would probably win a Championship. People put too much onus on the QB. It's a team game, and you need the right system.

This is why you see the same damn teams in the SB every year.

MoonPond
    MoonPond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12539

I'd take Tyrod Taylor over Stafford. At least Taylor is consistent and will win games with a solid team. With Stafford, he'll have one bad game and that's the end of your playoff run.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Tell Golden "Shower" Tate to STFU!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can always tell the success of a city by the dominance of it's football team....

Detroit=Never bounced back from the big 3=poverty
    Cleveland=never was a successful city=poverty

Pittsburgh=Successful as it bounced back from loss of the most steel mills in the country.Pittsburgh is very successful in industries,corporations and small businesses,Such as Tech jobs/Medical/you name it. Better than the Steel mill days.
    The Steelers need to change their name to RESILIENCE.............................. ....

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Goat... do you think The Ford's will give Stafford what he wants? Contract ends at the end of the 2017 season. Seems like this will be a distraction next year.
    Yeah, most likely she will. I don't know about highest paid but he'll definitely be top 3. He may take a small cut if they promise to bring in a big time FA. Stafford is a man of his word.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Well see mate,just never seems to come to fruition with the Lions.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11794

I needed a good laugh!!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Alternate headline:

"Lions Reciever Golden Tate has dumb name and dumber thoughts on Quarterback compensation."