unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

they need to figure out how to play the national championship game on new years night instead of some obscure monday night 8 days after interest has waned. of course they won't. they figure they've got everyone sucked in to watch 2nd rate new years day bowl games so they save the good one for what they believe will be a bonus tv audience after some nfl wild card games (which aren't as appealing as a regular season full slate of games by the way) which will give them a carryover audience on a monday night. ad revenue rules.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    they need to figure out how to play the national championship game on new years night instead of some obscure monday night 8 days after interest has waned. of course they won't. they figure they've got everyone sucked in to watch 2nd rate new years day bowl games so they save the good one for what they believe will be a bonus tv audience after some nfl wild card games (which aren't as appealing as a regular season full slate of games by the way) which will give them a carryover audience on a monday night. ad revenue rules.
    Or incorporate a playoff of 8 teams and make those 4 games the NYD games. You then play the NC game on the day before the AFC/NFC championships. That would give it more of a Super Bowl feel and satisfy the bowls.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

u guys are the bitchiest mofos on the planet. after all these years there's a semblance of a playoff to decide champion, resulted in one of the greatest championship games last year. and you bitch cause you have to wait til monday to see it?? wtf...smh...

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

yup, theyre depending on a "wild card" carryover audience?? completely idiotic. sit down somewhere...

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post

(some) u guys are the bitchiest mofos on the planet.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    u guys are the bitchiest mofos on the planet. after all these years there's a semblance of a playoff to decide champion, resulted in one of the greatest championship games last year. and you bitch cause you have to wait til monday to see it?? wtf...smh...
    It was a great game, but the game buildup was sort of an afterthought. It deserved much more.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    You can't be serious! Penn St and USC are a bunch of also rans. Combined they have 6 losses.
    They could have 60 losses between them. The fact remains that it was a great game. Learn how to read fool. No one said that either one of those two teams deserved to be here. All I am saying is that these two teams are really going to have to put on one hell of a show to best the Rose Bowl Game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The solution is simple. There is always an off week between the NFL Divisional Championship games and the Superbowl. That is the time to play the NCAA Championship game. It will NEVER EVER be played on New Years Night. New Years Day is reserved for the Rose and Sugar Bowls and that is the way it is going to stay.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

grunching here.......

this somewhat along the lines of George Costanza's "why does Cheers have to be about people in a bar? why not an airport or a museum?"

anyway, not sure why national championship game couldn't be pushed up some and not necessarily be the final game of the year. i guess maybe final exams interfere...... i think maybe the big traditional bowls should be the last game.

i agree that i'm not crazy about how is is right now time-wise.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 198

Kind of like a buzz kill

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    Kind of like a buzz kill
    Sac pm me your big package

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Yay, Bama wins again. So excited for this rematch.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    The best bowl game? I saw it as bad football by 2 C level teams. Next you're gonna tell me that if Sam Darnold and USC were to play Alabama again it would be a different game.
    This post shows just how little you know about college football. I will bet you everything you own (which is obviously not too much) against 10k that the game would be much different. Would USC win? Probably not, but they would not get blown out. Now to your second stupid ignorant statement. If USC (who will end up in the Top 5 this season) and Penn State (who will end up in the top 10) are "2 C level teams", just who do you consider to be a "B" level team? I doubt if you have an answer for that. I would hope that you would realize your stupidity and just drop this.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    grunching here.......

this somewhat along the lines of George Costanza's "why does Cheers have to be about people in a bar? why not an airport or a museum?"

anyway, not sure why national championship game couldn't be pushed up some and not necessarily be the final game of the year. i guess maybe final exams interfere...... i think maybe the big traditional bowls should be the last game.

i agree that i'm not crazy about how is is right now time-wise.
    How can you possibly move the NC game up ahead of the traditional bowl games when two of those games decide who is in the NC game?

KnockEmDown
    KnockEmDown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2085

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    How can you possibly move the NC game up ahead of the traditional bowl games when two of those games decide who is in the NC game?
    I wouldn't mind seeing the first 2 playoff games being played just before/after xmas and the final game played on Saturday night, not Monday. The NFL could slide the wc games to either 1/4pm ET times or have all 4 on Sunday. Monday night just doesn't have the appeal, the pregame, or hype.

First 12