nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Awful to play NFL in 0 degrees..minus

2016..still playing games in frigid weather. Not only do players hate it..but the paying fans dispose it. Should be a rule below certain degrees..you close the dome. Let the NFL figure out how to pay for it. Every other sports has a weather cutoff like baseball or indoor sports hockey n baskets. Even horse racing has cutoff racing on very cold below zero wind temps. Nobody will MN ake out from weather in greenback sunday.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Eli will cry a few times Sunday

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Most people that are in the midwest or north has played in these conditions in the 70's and 80's. You screwing millineals

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

It impacts the game negatively but no way can you force all teams to have a dome. I agree though...watching teams run the ball 75% of the time and throw 5 yard passes is not all that enjoyable

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    It impacts the game negatively but no way can you force all teams to have a dome. I agree though...watching teams run the ball 75% of the time and throw 5 yard passes is not all that enjoyable
    Jesus christ, cold weather doesn't prevent you from throwing the ball downfield.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Let it rip. Football is made to play in the elements. Part of the equation.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

A pus$y fan wanting the league becoming pus$y, to become even more pus$y. Makes total sense.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Always tempted to play UNDERS in cold weather games. I see a lot of dropped passes in freezing temps.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by Calgunner23 View Post
    Always tempted to play UNDERS in cold weather games. I see a lot of dropped passes in freezing temps.
    Normally not a bad play but you also get turnovers that affect the total. Ball is more easily fumbled in this weather and more wounded ducks that are easier to pick. Totals are generally sharp in this weather.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Normally not a bad play but you also get turnovers that affect the total. Ball is more easily fumbled in this weather and more wounded ducks that are easier to pick. Totals are generally sharp in this weather.
    True.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Let's make a cut off when firefighters and police don't have to answer calls either, because "awww jeeez it's cold out there!"

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

with the technology to heat fields the turf is good every day (unless in a blizzard of course)

ball a bit slick but I think fans like one or two memorable cold weather games to think back upon.

keep them outside usually not that cold in general at these games. Here and there a good memory. Its just football guys enjoy it for what it is, some variety

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Most people that are in the midwest or north has played in these conditions in the 70's and 80's. You screwing millineals

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post

Looks like they're having fun to me with their short sleeves!

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11794

I'm on the under in Pgh & GB

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Glad we dont have to worry about Tom Coughlin getting frostbite anymore.

Last edited by bigtymer56; 01-06-17 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Can't spell

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19273

Fast guys are not so fast in cold weather! One of the great equalizers - baseball, as well - really cra cra playing in cold after a team got there by playing in warm weather and cold had nothing to do with how they got there.

It is just not football or baseball anymore at that point - it is survival. Oh, well that is part of being a champion, I guess - the heart to do it in any kind of weather?

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Fast guys are not so fast in cold weather! One of the great equalizers - baseball, as well - really cra cra playing in cold after a team got there by playing in warm weather and cold had nothing to do with how they got there.

It is just not football or baseball anymore at that point - it is survival. Oh, well that is part of being a champion, I guess - the heart to do it in any kind of weather?
    Is it fair for northern teams to play in 80 degree weather in December?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

My cousins in Ohio believe that football was made to play in the snow/cold. They absolutely hate any ideas of a dome.

I sat in Cleveland Municipal Stadium as a young teen when Cleveland lost to Da Raiders in one of the coldest games in NFL history. It was -5 degrees F but the wind chill was like -27. I was crawled up like a ball below my seat to avoid the crazy winds. I remember them selling hard liquor in the stands. Our entire section was liquored up and screaming like rabid dogs. My dad and brother had a ball and both lost their voices. I was pretty miserable.

Hawk8568
    Hawk8568's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

big thing to check if it is cold is the wind. 10 degrees with no wind really isnt that bad. 10 degrees in 15-20mph wind is f'ing brutal. Plus it impacts passing games more.

I'm a runner ... it's been below 10 degrees the last few weeks. All of last week was totally fine ... no wind. Yesterday there was wind and I couldnt feel my nose when I was 1/2 mile in.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Hawk8568 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most
    Of time it
    Means nothing

They play like it is 80 degrees

They are pros

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

The wussification of America continues....... smh

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

If everyone on the team finds a teammate that they can jerk off prior to the game, that generally gets the blood pumping and the hormones flowing and there's very little that weather can do to affect that kind of elation.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

High winds or real
    Heavy rain could affect games but that is about it

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Eli limping into the playoffs? Watchout NFL. And Yes, High winds affect passing more than the cold.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

It depends on the teams that play in the cold weather. San Diego is the absolute worse team to play in extreme cold weather games, it's like they curl up and roll over, where as the pats, giants, and pack act like it's just another game. KC can play pretty good in the snow too

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

i love it when its cold on there ass

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Football was meant to be played outdoors in the rain, wind, cold, sleet, snow, etc...in the elements, not indoors inside a domed stadium and on a fukkin carpet!......the funnest thing me and my generation (45 years and older) used to do when we were growing up as kids and school was closed and it was snowing outside...we got there ASAP and got all our friends together and played football all day long!......some of the NFL's greatest highlights and games was the Lombardi's Packers in the tundra, Dick Butkus Bear's teams, Bud Grant's Vikings teams playing outdoors in frigid weather and he never let his players wear gloves!...Like a bawse!..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

For those crying about the weather, the Arena league may be for you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: b1slickguy

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Packers seem too easy. It's keeping me away for now if ya know what I mean

OmahaOmaha
    OmahaOmaha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1038

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Glad we dont have to worry about Tom Coughlin get frostbite anymore.

loL

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    If everyone on the team finds a teammate that they can jerk off prior to the game, that generally gets the blood pumping and the hormones flowing and there's very little that weather can do to affect that kind of elation.
    This guy ^^ obviously played under Sandusky at some point... probably under the radar @ Juniata College.

Seems to really know how to get an edge....

So... if I see Aaron Rodgers on the sidelines huddled under a Packers poncho w/Neil Patrick Harris... will probably be forced to LIVE BET Packers.
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave BiTeMe UsAdOj 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    It depends on the teams that play in the cold weather. San Diego is the absolute worse team to play in extreme cold weather games, it's like they curl up and roll over, where as the pats, giants, and pack act like it's just another game. KC can play pretty good in the snow too
    Miami is awful playing up north also.

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

A balmy 8 degrees today in WI

12 Last