shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Missed the deadline to file homestead rebate, books gonna pay for it starting tonight

Left money on the table in the form of a tax rebate and missed the deadline to file or claim it by alot. Add that to the list of dumbfukk things that I've accomplished.

My local is either gonna fork over that rebate or I'm gonna end up paying for it while uncle Sam stiffs me for it.

The play tonight is Memphis grizzlies 1h ats +1.5. 1h ML also acceptable

Tail, fade or ridicule my dumba$$

shadymcgrady

I think Memphis could win this game SU but I'm currently tainted with a bit of fury at my own stupidity so I'm going for the 1h play

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Are you that old shady?

shadymcgrady

Nothing to do with age chico, applies to anyone who owns property

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

That's the worst man. Can you claim it retroactively? Never looked into it but see if next year you can claim it backward if proving its primary residence, yada yada.

If not, either way, file immediately so you don't miss it next year too!!

shadymcgrady

I'm not sure new guy, I think it's possible, each state has different rules. Trying to get assistance from a govt employee is like trying to get a winner from the prick. I'm claiming it alright, claiming it tonight with Memphis... or paying it

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I'm not sure new guy, I think it's possible, each state has different rules. Trying to get assistance from a govt employee is like trying to get a winner from the prick. I'm claiming it alright, claiming it tonight with Memphis... or paying it
    Ha. Well I'll be rooting you win tonight AND get your money. I know my employer offers a group legal plan where you can opt in for $20/mo or something. A friend used it to hire lawyer and get her taxes lowered by couple grand. If your employer offers, opt in and see if you can't get one of them to help.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Ha. Well I'll be rooting you win tonight AND get your money. I know my employer offers a group legal plan where you can opt in for $20/mo or something. A friend used it to hire lawyer and get her taxes lowered by couple grand. If your employer offers, opt in and see if you can't get one of them to help.
    That sounds case specific for ur friend. The tax rebate is only going to be a percentage of the taxes paid that yr and it's not property on park Ave or Hollywood boulevard just sone nice gambling funds that is left on the table. Not worth it after the retainer for a tax/property attorney that isn't part of a group plan. Just sucks bc there is no way uncle Sam is leaving money on the table if it was the other way around.

Thanks newguy. Uve been on a heater and u came in here and farted (sprinkling is only for chefs on a kitchen or tinkerbell in peterpan) some of that good luck dust. Much appreciated, I hope u profit from Memphis either tailing or fading.

shadymcgrady

Looks like my local is gonna be covering my missed deadline to file a claim unless I blow it on a game before Sunday night. Hope someone else profited from this play as well

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Congrats. Now make sure you get it filed so this doesnt happen again.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Damnit. Meant to jump on this. Nice job!!!

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Nothing to do with age chico, applies to anyone who owns property
    shady my bad but in ohio they have an homestead exemption. They give you 40% off your property taxes when you reach 65 years of age or if your disabled. I googled yours and totally different actSorry

shadymcgrady

Hey no need to apologize on here chico, ur probably to much of a gentleman. Old school. Hope u profited from my stupidity and this play last night. Happy holidays chico! I'll go old school, merry xmas then!