TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

College Athletes Who Declare For The NFL Draft Who Decline To Play In Bowl Game

I don't know how you guys feel about this?

But as a teammate who sees this happening... I don't know how I could call you a friend anymore?

I would call you a class #1 pu$$y.

Don't give me this "possible injury" bullsh#$".

Like McCaffrey touched the ball 823 times in college.... but.... doesn't feel necessary to touch the ball for one more game with his brothers? fuk u man.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Why would any teams draft this kid?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I read that the teammates support him, but somehow I doubt it.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

TMS, I agree 100%, it makes no sense at all. Just a bunch of pussies. Fournette biggest puss of them all. Davin Cook better RB, had hamstring problems the last few years, but still going to battle with his teammates in their bowl game.

McCaffrey I have to protect my 9th round draft selection with my vag

Fuk em, they quit

TheMoneyShot

Fournette isn't injured either. Another lie.

So all the pregame speeches don't mean anything? Stand united. Play for each other... win the game.

But if you're entering the NFL Draft... you're free to leave? GTFO

Now I realize why the line was so tight for the Stanford game... I thought the line should of been -4.5 or higher. Vegas knew he wasn't going to play.

Sorry... if you preach team everything... suit up and play the final game.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

forum fukers playing for pizza points bashing young guys securing Million$
    Points Awarded:

rockmvp1209 gave Sam Odom 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MadTiger, YouHave2outs, and swordsandtequila

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    I get this perspective for sure but where does it stop? As soon as players for good schools are out of the playoff picture stop playing? What if a guy half way through season looks good for #1 overall. Why play it out? Nothing to do but hurt yourself. Slippery slope.

I think it's terrible these guys are sitting out.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

pussy

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Sam, the Pros are talking, go start another gay ass thread that no one cares about

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

But as a teammate who sees this happening... I don't know how I could call you a friend anymore?

Like McCaffrey touched the ball 823 times in college.... but.... doesn't feel necessary to touch the ball for one more game with his brothers? fuk u man.
    Dude calm down. They're playing in the Sun Bowl. Nobody cares.

These paid their dues....now its time to get paid.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Do like LeBron.
    Wait till you sign for millions....
    THEN take days off!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What if I told you that you had a guaranteed $10 million dollars in 5 months doing what you do at your job, but if you continued to work you could lose it?

Every one of us would quit our job and wait 5 months.

Don't blame him at all

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

NCAA players know they are getting the shaft and talk openly about it. Last year ND linebacker screwed up his knee in the in Fiesta Bowl and dropped to 2nd round pick. Cost him millions.

This is going to become common place. Too much money on the line for a kid playing for free. If the NCAA pays them, maybe they can hold them to the contract.

No reason for him to play to pad Stanford, Shaw and ESPN's pocket.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I agree on sitting out

These colleges are making millions on them

Time for kids to think of themselves now

Youre right, slippery slope...for who though? People drop out of college all the time to make a living instead

Buffalo Nickle

Fournette isn't injured either. Another lie.

So all the pregame speeches don't mean anything? Stand united. Play for each other... win the game.

But if you're entering the NFL Draft... you're free to leave? GTFO

Now I realize why the line was so tight for the Stanford game... I thought the line should of been -4.5 or higher. Vegas knew he wasn't going to play.

Sorry... if you preach team everything... suit up and play the final game.
    Yeah. Fornette would have gone pro last year if the NCAA and NFL would not colluding. He pretty much took the year off which is what he should have done.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    NCAA players know they are getting the shaft and talk openly about it. Last year ND linebacker screwed up his knee in the in Fiesta Bowl and dropped to 2nd round pick. Cost him millions.

This is going to become common place. Too much money on the line for a kid playing for free. If the NCAA pays them, maybe they can hold them to the contract.

No reason for him to play to pad Stanford, Shaw and ESPN's pocket.
    They are getting paid, it's called a full ride scholarship. To most of these institutions that is worth about $40,000. It's not the University's fault not all athletes take advantage of it. Probably the reason there are so many broke diks after their 5 years in the nfl are done, looking for any chance to sue the league

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    They are getting paid, it's called a full ride scholarship. To most of these institutions that is worth about $40,000. It's not the University's fault not all athletes take advantage of it. Probably the reason there are so many broke diks after their 5 years in the nfl are done, looking for any chance to sue the league
    It is not worth jack squat compared to what they could make in the open market. Coaches are all making $50,000 per player on the team minimum.

No reason for McCaffrey or Fournette to protect your Gone With The Wind dreams of amateur sports.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

About $70k per year at Stanford when you include scholarship and stipend. Well over that when you value all the shit they get from school and sponsors and bowls and all that.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

I went to a big time football school for college. We had a guy in my dorm who was the #1 ranked High School recruit in the nation. He suffered a devastating knee injury in the PA High School All-Star game at the end of his career. He never played in college.

I don't blame these guys one bit for sitting out

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    About $70k per year at Stanford when you include scholarship and stipend. Well over that when you value all the shit they get from school and sponsors and bowls and all that.
    So give the choice of the $70K or going to Stanford and see what they choose.

TheMoneyShot

Ok...

So if Fournette and McCaffrey were playing for the National Title... Playoffs... would they suit up?

Why is it ok to suit up for that game... but not any other bowl? What's the difference? Oh... recognition? So their names show up in the media?

I thought college athletics was about team? Seems like it's more about ME.

Buffalo Nickle

Ok...

So if Fournette and McCaffrey were playing for the National Title... Playoffs... would they suit up?

Why is it ok to suit up for that game... but not any other bowl? What's the difference? Oh... recognition? So their names show up in the media?

Maybe. UNLV was going to walk on the NCAA Tournament championship in the 90s. Now had Missouri and Minnesota threaten a boycott. Not long before they are going to start holding out. It ain't 1950 anymore Beav.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Let the one, two, or three kids with smart advisors do their thing and we can keep pecking on a keyboard and do our thing. Now everyone is happy. They will be making millions in the fall and we will be criticizing the next bunch of future millionaire players from behind our keyboards. Rinse and repeat.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    What if I told you that you had a guaranteed $10 million dollars in 5 months doing what you do at your job, but if you continued to work you could lose it?

Every one of us would quit our job and wait 5 months.

Don't blame him at all
    Exactly.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Ok...

i love my "teammates" who I work with, but they don't pay my bills and put food on my family's table... they know this and feel the same way...

unde0087
    Did we win?

We should start paying players, that will solve everything. I mean no chance that would cause any problems. Coaches already have trouble keeping top players out of trouble on campus and most of them are broke. I could only imagine how well it turns out if you throw thousands of dollars in their pockets on the weekends and said now stay in your dorm and out of trouble. Fuk arrests, rapes, shootings, duis, and everything else would multiply by 1000%. You would have the NFL drama on university campuses across the country.

University's get blamed for making all this money off players but the reality is, who fukin cares. At least that money is going to a place of education instead of into the hand of youth that will just piss it away. Any of these players have the chance to get a good education where ever they go to ensure when their career is over, which for about 99.9% of them is a handful of years even if they make the league, they can make something of themselves. But no, we got kids going to these universities doing the bare minimum to play football so they can hit that one big payday. Yet, without learning money management or anything from the institution, that is offering it to them for free, will blow every dollar before they are 30. Then what? But at least they sat out that last bowl game and left college early to be no where in life, claiming CTE and everything else, when they commit suicide or murder/rape someone. Yep, it's the "universities" fault though right.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

So give the choice of the $70K or going to Stanford and see what they choose.
    Kid was ranked in high school as 218th best player the year he came out. Saw a thing saying that he is estimated to go around 22nd pick in draft. Using last years contract, he is going to do about $7.5m better (contract the 22nd pick got vs 218th pick) because of his time at Stanford. So in reality he made about $2.5m a year from his time in Stanford.

Buffalo Nickle

We should start paying players, that will solve everything. I mean no chance that would cause any problems. Coaches already have trouble keeping top players out of trouble on campus and most of them are broke. I could only imagine how well it turns out if you throw thousands of dollars in their pockets on the weekends and said now stay in your dorm and out of trouble. Fuk arrests, rapes, shootings, duis, and everything else would multiply by 1000%. You would have the NFL drama on university campuses across the country.

University's get blamed for making all this money off players but the reality is, who fukin cares. At least that money is going to a place of education instead of into the hand of youth that will just piss it away. Any of these players have the chance to get a good education where ever they go to ensure when their career is over, which for about 99.9% of them is a handful of years even if they make the league, they can make something of themselves. But no, we got kids going to these universities doing the bare minimum to play football so they can hit that one big payday. Yet, without learning money management or anything from the institution, that is offering it to them for free, will blow every dollar before they are 30. Then what? But at least they sat out that last bowl game and left college early to be no where in life, claiming CTE and everything else, when they commit suicide or murder/rape someone. Yep, it's the "universities" fault though right.
    Yeah, right. Tell me another.

It all goes to a place of higher learning that pays the football coach $8 million dollars, the assistants a few million and the AD and President a million. ESPN runs their commercials and make millions. It is all going to a good cause.

God forbid it go to a black kid that the university would gladly pay 100K to play for them. Better it go to the white football coach.

Buffalo Nickle

Kid was ranked in high school as 218th best player the year he came out. Saw a thing saying that he is estimated to go around 22nd pick in draft. Using last years contract, he is going to do about $7.5m better (contract the 22nd pick got vs 218th pick) because of his time at Stanford. So in reality he made about $2.5m a year from his time in Stanford.
    That's great. So lets put a value on the Stanford education and let Kansas make up the difference by paying him cash. Something tells me you are not going to value the Stanford education quite as much in this arrangement.

Buffalo Nickle

David Shaw's contract doubled during McCaffrey's time at the school. So did Kevin Sumlin's with Manziel. Good work if you can get it. Let's give Stanford the choice of paying guys like McCaffrey or Shaw and see which they choose. After all, they are not going to be out any more money. They are already paying him over 50K per player.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

That's great. So lets put a value on the Stanford education and let Kansas make up the difference by paying him cash. Something tells me you are not going to value the Stanford education quite as much in this arrangement.
    Not sure I get your point. You mean what is difference if he plays for Kansas vs Stanford??

Buffalo Nickle

Not sure I get your point. You mean what is difference if he plays for Kansas vs Stanford??
    No. These guys point out that an education at a certain school is worth $x dollars like it is really of any value to the player. If the cost of the school is compensation, there should not be a problem with allowing lesser cost schools make up the difference in the cost of going to USC at $120,000 and giving the guy a $50,000 check to go to a lesser school.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Yeah, right. Tell me another.

It all goes to a place of higher learning that pays the football coach $8 million dollars, the assistants a few million and the AD and President a million. ESPN runs their commercials and make millions. It is all going to a good cause.

God forbid it go to a black kid that the university would gladly pay 100K to play for them. Better it go to the white football coach.
    All those dollars put into TV is free advertisement for the black guy when he plays each week. So not only is he getting a free education but then getting playtime, interviews, highlights, and talked about every fukin week for FREE. Not only that but most athletes white or black can't afford to even pay for school out of high school so that school, who you like to demonize, is the one giving that guy the chance to even get into a position to better his life whether it is schooling, a pro football career, or both.
    How many black players that come from bad situations/ghetto that now are in the NFL would be there without the help from one of those schools? Oh none of them, ya fuk those bastards schools. That's what's wrong, people too fukin stupid to figure it out.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Ok so your saying that when a player comes out of high school and is recruited by team a where value of scholarship is $120k and team b where value of scholarship is $70k, team b should be allowed to also wrote him a $50k check? Cause that's the value of what he isn't getting by going to team b vs a??

1234 ... Last