ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Tips/ideas/thoughts on getting +$ on both sides of a game

I've been successfully betting for about 7 years and just recently started getting into on the strategy of getting +$ on both teams.

For instance: I bet $500 on the packers on Monday night against the Eagles ML pre game at +170. When they went up 14-7 and then got a stop the Eagles were live game +158 and I bet $500 on them. At that point was able to sit back and have a guaranteed win.

before anyone chimes in "you could've just won $800+ leaving it on the packers"
    i understand that, but I made the original bet with the sole purpose of making the second bet. I wasn't sure about either team but thought the packers very well could take the lead in the game.

Anyone else out there successfully implement this strategy on a regular basis? I know the down side (bet the underdog first and they never become the favorite-7/8 times thus far I've been able to hedge live and get close to break even-one time was unable to as the game was a landslide in favor of the favorite)

sports you find most success with this strategy? Basketball has been the easiest for me. Any other tips on doing this successfully.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

This used to be much easier a few years ago. I would open and close bets constantly (packers +170, skins +110 - now that's closed now look for pack + money again). Essentially locking in +140 or so if I did math quick enough.

Lines got much less generous the last few years. You aren't seeing over-reactions to things like I used to (a team favored by 5 gives up a opening drive for a td and suddenly are decent dogs without ever touching the ball).

The issue I had was I play with a local and suddenly I was being limited or in-action bets stopped being posted so I was sitting exposed on positions vs. being able to close them. I've stopped. Never looked into like a 5d or something that I know has more live action but that was my struggle - being able to get lines that were representative of what I thought were legit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

not easy and only works of course with live betting involved

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I have a local book that doesn't have live betting. What I've done on before is middle the final score at halftime. If a dog is tied or up at halftime and I have a bet on them ATS, depending on the 2H line there's a chance to middle otherwise lose vig. It's worked less than 30% of the time.

Auburn this past weekend is a good example. The final line closed at +20.5 and Bama was up 13-7 at halftime and the 2H line was -9.5 bama. Ended up winning 30-12.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    I've been successfully betting for about 7 years and just recently started getting into on the strategy of getting +$ on both teams.

For instance: I bet $500 on the packers on Monday night against the Eagles ML pre game at +170. When they went up 14-7 and then got a stop the Eagles were live game +158 and I bet $500 on them. At that point was able to sit back and have a guaranteed win.

before anyone chimes in "you could've just won $800+ leaving it on the packers"
    i understand that, but I made the original bet with the sole purpose of making the second bet. I wasn't sure about either team but thought the packers very well could take the lead in the game.

Anyone else out there successfully implement this strategy on a regular basis? I know the down side (bet the underdog first and they never become the favorite-7/8 times thus far I've been able to hedge live and get close to break even-one time was unable to as the game was a landslide in favor of the favorite)

sports you find most success with this strategy? Basketball has been the easiest for me. Any other tips on doing this successfully.
    You should of started off with trying to find Arbitage bets. Looking for 2-10 cent arbs pregame, not risk involved except not getting a side in before line moves. Its much harder these days. Not much value unless you can get down lots of money, but it takes a lot of time and effort.

Your strategy will get you burried 100% risk of ruin