ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24811

Opie, the Romo speech was inspiritational

Shows that Tony is doing everything to help the team out. He laid it out, and he's getting ready if/when needed.

What a f'in storyline this is gonna be. Cowboys get to 11-1, Dak goes down w/ broken collarbone...and then TONY ROMO comes off the pine and leads the 'boys to Super Bowl title.

Used to be that "regular Staubach" and "homo Troy" were the only 2 Cowboy QBs on the mountain-top. Add one Tony Romo to the list.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

All I know is... I remember Romo's last game... and he's old... mobility is slow as fuk. He's just going to get hurt again. Time to retire Romo.

I heard a report that said Romo wanted to have a QB rotation in-game. Fukking ridiculous.

Let it go Romo.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

1000% agree. What a class act Tony is. Has long been one of my fave Cowboys, but watching him deliver such a heartfelt, emotional speech made me like the guy even more.

I completely get why Dak has to be QB1 right now, but I have ZERO doubt that Dak is really the 2nd best QB on this team right now. He's awesome, and clearly the future, but I'll always wonder what Tony could've done behind this line with Zeke right behind him.

Want the Boys to win the SB, but I'll admit that I want to see Tony win one just as bad. Wherever that may happen.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Will be the quarterback in a few weeks eventually Prescotts going to get hurt

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

What other choice does he have

Shows what a loser he is as a player A rookie comes in with a roomie qb, no Dez, and leads this team to the best record in the nfl

He knows he's been exposed as a fraud, now he's gotta play the nice guy and hopefully get a few sympathy likes

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    What a f'in storyline this is gonna be. Cowboys get to 11-1, Dak goes down w/ broken collarbone...and then TONY ROMO comes off the pine and leads the 'boys to Super Bowl title
    ... good one. A Penthouse forum writer couldn't have come up w/anything more over-the-top fantasy.

KUDOS

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Good move by Romo, and an important one. Just don't go to Denver Tony, that O-Line will leave you in traction after one series.

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i personally think tony is pretty happy on the sidelines collecting his check. his speech did nothing for me. what else was he going to say. i did like michael irvins look tho, reminded me of jackie childs from seinfeld

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Respect to Tony, but you know deep down inside Romo is hoping that Dak gets hurt.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Respect to Tony, but you know deep down inside Romo is hoping that Dak gets hurt.
    I knew you'd get it Kermit. You're a sharp fella. Believe it or not...Kraken used to be a top poster here. Now he's basically a full blown queer. Sad AF.

I bet you're right about Tony wanting to get back in. It's his nature. He's a competitor.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Romo a class act and always has been

Always have rooted for the guy...Cowboys may need him at some point this season

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    i did like michael irvins look tho, reminded me of jackie childs from seinfeld

ChuckyTheGoat

Opie, u hear any local stories about Aikman being a f\*g?

Skip Bayless basically made his career on calling out Aikman as being gay.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11869

Can't wait for Opie to ditch the bash again in hopes of a Cowboys Super Bowl.

Love how this guy thinks he's smart despite needing his wife's help to tie his shoes in the morning

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I knew you'd get it Kermit. You're a sharp fella. Believe it or not...Kraken used to be a top poster here. Now he's basically a full blown queer. Sad AF.

I bet you're right about Tony wanting to get back in. It's his nature. He's a competitor.
    Plz niqqa, call a phag as I see it, thats all

Now go tape an aspirin on your butt and get over it

Romo was at beat a slightly above avg qb in his prime that Jones stuck with entitely too long. He's beena back up qb for years

The Kraken

Opie, u hear any local stories about Aikman being a f\*g?

Skip Bayless basically made his career on calling out Aikman as being gay.
    Aikman has a zebra dick, confirmed

HUgh

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

He had no choice, he's been Pipped. Dak is the future.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-18-16 at 01:19 AM.

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Shows that Tony is doing everything to help the team out. He laid it out, and he's getting ready if/when needed.

What a f'in storyline this is gonna be. Cowboys get to 11-1, Dak goes down w/ broken collarbone...and then TONY ROMO comes off the pine and leads the 'boys to Super Bowl title.

Used to be that "regular Staubach" and "homo Troy" were the only 2 Cowboy QBs on the mountain-top. Add one Tony Romo to the list.
    You are SOOOO wrong it is laughable!!

Romo knew a couple months back his career was on life support. His injuries have grown with frequency, his concussions have also grown with frequency, and he is old and getting older and he knows that as well.

He took an OBVIOUS situation and decided to "grandstand" with a press conference to try to make himself look incredibly selfless. What a bunch of crap. The moment I saw Romo break his collarbone (again) I told me son "that is the end of Romo's career... it was a good one"

He is stepping aside for the team.... lmao

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    What other choice does he have

Shows what a loser he is as a player A rookie comes in with a roomie qb, no Dez, and leads this team to the best record in the nfl

He knows he's been exposed as a fraud, now he's gotta play the nice guy and hopefully get a few sympathy likes
    Kraken can see through the BS

ChuckyTheGoat

I've always hated the Cowboys. Tomorrow, I buy my Romo jersey.

You guys are full of it, he's gonna shut u the fuq up!

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

I've always hated the Cowboys.
    As any normal person should.

Tomorrow, I buy my Romo jersey.
    That would be very "Troy-like" to do so...

... just ask Skip Bayless if you don't believe me, pal.

You guys are full of it, he's gonna shut u the fuq up!
    Hmmm, let's see... a career 2-4 playoff QB (with wins over the 'powerhouse' Eagles & Lions) riding in to guide the Cowskirts to the football Promised Land.

Uh, yeah... has bout as much chance of happening as jj getting laid in a Texas whorehouse.

Romo's chances of winning SB & jj getting laid

Now... consider this an online Intervention from a friend to put down the crack pipe, C.

Last edited by BiTeMe UsAdOj; 11-18-16 at 12:42 PM.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

1000% agree. What a class act Tony is. Has long been one of my fave Cowboys, but watching him deliver such a heartfelt, emotional speech made me like the guy even more.

I completely get why Dak has to be QB1 right now, but I have ZERO doubt that Dak is really the 2nd best QB on this team right now. He's awesome, and clearly the future, but I'll always wonder what Tony could've done behind this line with Zeke right behind him.

Want the Boys to win the SB, but I'll admit that I want to see Tony win one just as bad. Wherever that may happen.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Watch Prescott get hurt next game

opie1988

Only guys who have actually played sports can appreciate the class with which Romo has handled himself.

The queers and millennials have no clue how it is to play sports. Biggest accolades they ever received were their participation trophies.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Should have been working out with Dez instead of ball washin' at Horseshoe Bay, FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ManosdePiedra
    ManosdePiedra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Down here he is known as "el Choko"

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by ManosdePiedra View Post
    Cool, brah.

Up here...you're known as El Dumbfukk. So, you know, whatever.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Only guys who have actually played sports can appreciate the class with which Romo has handled himself.

The queers and millennials have no clue how it is to play sports. Biggest accolades they ever received were their participation trophies.
    STOP. Please just STOP

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by ManosdePiedra View Post
    Makes sense... as his slavering fanboys are world renowned for being experts in the art of "Choko Mi Pollo"

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Only 2 I can think of who have choked more than Romo over last 10 years is Hillary and Ricky Martin.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by PanamaBrad View Post
    Only 2 I can think of who have choked more than Romo over last 10 years is Hillary and Ricky Martin.
    Yep... add David Carradine to your list and that about nails it.

ChuckyTheGoat

I agree w/ Opie. Romo has been a great player. Anyone taking shots at him has a narrow world view.

Run one comparison vs his contemporary (Eli Manning). Compare career stats:

* Win % (as starter)
    * Yards per Pass
    * TD/INT ratio

The Kraken

I agree w/ Opie. Romo has been a great player. Anyone taking shots at him has a narrow world view.

Run one comparison vs his contemporary (Eli Manning). Compare career stats:

* Win % (as starter)
    * Yards per Pass
    * TD/INT ratio
    Why are you comparing him to Eli??? Who's claiming Eli doesn't suck? At least Eli has two SB rings and Romo might get one this year riding the bench.

But seriously, random comparison. Who cares about Manning

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Jeezus you guys...

Unless you have Marino-type talent, top NFL QB's are measured/separated by playoffs/championships (and Romo sure ain't no Marino... or Fouts, etc.).

You wanna talk stats, C?... uh, thanks for the BP fastball, pal. Let's talk stats that really matter, OK?: Your boy is 2-4 in the playoffs (wins vs. Eagles & Lions)... while Eli is 8-3 in playoffs with wins over, oh gee, let's see... only the likes of Favre, Rodgers, Ryan and that guy named Brady twice for all the marbles. Eli went into Dallas and beat your boy and his 13-3 team on his way to his 1st Super Bowl MVP, btw. That's what ya gotta love about Eli and his clutch championship mettle: he's often won the big games when he doesn't even have the best team -- mark of a true CHAMPION'S HEART. Week to week, is Eli always outstanding? Hell no, obviously. But get him in a BIG GAME...uh, watch out. That's what so many clowns that criticize Eli just don't seem to get.

BTW, on the way to Eli's 2nd Super Bowl MVP championship win, he beat a 1 loss Packers team lead by Rodgers (in GB), a 3 loss SF team (in SF) and a 3 loss Mr. Brady team in SB (oh, and Matt Ryan to boot, too). That's a record for beating teams w/the least amount of losses on way to a SB Championship in modern format, btw.

More stats?: Eli's 1 of 5 in NFL history with two (or more) SB MVP's (in rarefied air with the likes of Starr, Bradshaw, Montana, Brady). Eli's 1 of 4 with 45k+ yards, 300+TD's and 2 Super Bowl championships (oh, joining only Elway, Peyton & Brady... no biggie). Romo's played in the same era, so... NO EXCUSES. And oh, for shits & giggles, Eli holds the NFL record for most 4th quarter TD's in a season... kinda defining clutch.

Eli is the anti-Romo. Shines in the biggest of games. Romo is exact opposite; good reg season QB, shrinks in big spots. Eli has iconic SB plays (Tyree & Manningham)... Romo's signature playoff play is the fumbled snap. Like it or not all you haters, Eli is going to the Hall of Fame... Romo is not. (And Eli very well might have another SB run in him... STAY TUNED.)

I like to tweak the Romo fanboys (cuz it's fun!) with some silly shenanigans, but let's get real here: Romo has been a good, sometimes very good regular season QB (ah, he's never been "great", Chucky... as you erroneously stated. If he's been great, what do we call Montana or Brady or Peyton or Elway???... Super duper GREAT!??? C'mon, man.) But truth is, he's never had a WINNING iconic playoff moment... just the fumble. The true winners leave iconic playoff signatures in some form or fashion.

So... you evoked Eli into the conversation, C, not me... I'm simply responding. While Romo has had a good career overall, no way anyone with a brain wouldn't take Eli's career over Romo's (championships, durability, playoff stats/MVP's). Also, Eli's career going forward looks way brighter than Romo's... so Eli wins there, too. na na na na NA NA (And Eli is younger than Romo!) Bite it, Romo fanboys.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

Romo would just break another bone if he played right now.

123 Last