slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6207

MMA: McGregor demands $100m to box 'afraid' Mayweather

McGregor told a crowd at an New York nightclub he would box Mayweather for $100million because he was "too scared" for an MMA style fight.

Conor McGregor has demanded $100million in cash to face Floyd Mayweather Jr in a fanciful cross-combat mega-fight.
    McGregor, fresh off becoming the first fighter to hold two UFC championships simultaneously, and Mayweather have teased a bout ever since the 49-0 boxing legend hung up his gloves following a victory over Andre Berto last November.
    The most recent outburst from 'The Notorious' comes on the heels of Mayweather telling a photographer that comparing the two men is "disrespectful".
    And that has prompted MMA's biggest talker to respond, McGregor accusing Mayweather of running scared.
    "Floyd's not ready for this," McGregor told a crowd at a New York nightclub in a video obtained by TMZ.

"Much respect to Floyd. He's a solid businessman on what he's been able to do.
    "He's a f****** animal at what he's been able to do. But as far as real fighting - as far as true, pure, unarmed combat - Floyd don't want none of this.
    "He wants it under boxing rules. He wants a boxing match. He doesn't want a fight," McGregor said.
    "I want $100million cash to fight him under boxing rules because he's afraid of a real fight."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/hes...084011561.html
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

would be a huge gate

mega event

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Conor doesn't f around.

I like that.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26295

Conor owns Floyd for sure

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Conor wins an MMA fight, Mayweather wins a boxing match. Seems like an easy $100 million for Conor and more for Mayweather.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Conor looking for a big day. You have to read between the lines with him and his trash talk. He's trying to do business himself and that's the way he knows how to do it. Obviously, Conor would destroy Mayweather under MMA terms, but in a boxing match, Mayweather wins. He's undefeated for a reason.

jjgold

I would pay to see it it would be an epic event

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm starting to like this McGregor more and more! Guy has so much hype to everything and backs it.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

They're saying it will never happen. It would definitely be a pay day for both of them though. Mayweather would win in boxing and mcgregor MMA style.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

If Conor takes $50 mil, which i'm sure is ten times his career earnings, and Floyd gets $150-180, he can not turn down that kind of money. good for us is Floyd's age which should make this happen sooner than later. Hopefully June 2017

jjgold

Mayweather has no balls and does not want the risk of losing

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

when you make 150 mil in a night, you didnt lose regardless of result...every old boxer wants that last payday. he can achieve 2.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1914

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    If Conor takes $50 mil, which i'm sure is ten times his career earnings, and Floyd gets $150-180, he can not turn down that kind of money. good for us is Floyd's age which should make this happen sooner than later. Hopefully June 2017
    which is irrelevant, who knows he might take 50 to do it but he's being smart about it or has people in his corner that know what they are doing...basically a Von Miller, "I'm the Super Bowl MVP, F*ck You, Pay Me 100 mil +" whereas McGregor knows he's the hottest MMA ticket on the planet by far right now = "F*ck You, Pay Me" 100 mil +" lol I don't blame them one bit

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Conor wins an MMA fight, Mayweather wins a boxing match. Seems like an easy $100 million for Conor and more for Mayweather.
    Conor will be gassed after a few rounds...Floyd will just do his normal ugly boxing for 10 rounds and will leave without a scratch

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Conor will be gassed after a few rounds...Floyd will just do his normal ugly boxing for 10 rounds and will leave without a scratch
    he's dancing around in his mind counting down "100k, 200k, 300k, 400k...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

McGregor would get smashed.. He's just looking for a 100 million dollar pay day.. Can't blame him for trying....

I'd step in the boxing ring with Mike Tyson in his prime for 100 million without hesitation.. I'd throw down hard, get knocked out and wake up extremely happy...

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    McGregor would get smashed.. He's just looking for a 100 million dollar pay day.. Can't blame him for trying....

I'd step in the boxing ring with Mike Tyson in his prime for 100 million without hesitation.. I'd throw down hard, get knocked out and wake up extremely happy...
    I highly doubt McGregor gets knocked out though, a few rounds of sparing for 100 million is a pretty good deal.

He could also fight really dirty given he's got almost no chance of a decision win.

p4$$ion
    p4$$ion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

lmao, go to sleep retards.

per espn:

Can McGregor win? Atlas has some good advice, but what it would take may surprise you.
    1. How would you train Conor McGregor to fight Floyd Mayweather?
    First off, I wouldn't. He has no chance in a traditional boxing match. His only chance would be with MMA rules, where he could try to bring Floyd to the mat where he could, of course, easily be the victor.
    He would need about five years -- and I'm being very generous and conservative -- of boxing training and experience to even entertain the thought of being competitive with any A-plus-level boxer.

But I will play this imaginary game with you for a couple of minutes because I love ESPN. So if I did train him, at this point I'm not sure what I'd have him do, but I'm sure of what I would not have him do: I wouldn't have him just attack like the caveman he tries to act like. Being aggressive [although there are many who would believe that is his one and only chance] would not be my advice. He would simply bring on his demise quicker, and you don't attack a great defensive counter puncher, especially when you are so crude.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

Floyd Mayweather jr. and Hillary Clinton are the two most over paid humans ever on earth

KingofKings
    KingofKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    Floyd Mayweather jr. and Hillary Clinton are the two most over paid humans ever on earth
    Lmao. You are not wrong

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

- Conor McGregor became the first man to hold two UFC belts simultaneously after dispatching Jose Aldo at featherweight and Eddie Alvarez at lightweight, and he has some decisions to make next.

Will McGregor defend his 145-pound belt next, or face a contender at 155 pounds? MMA Fighting asked UFC Fight Night 100 fighters who has the best shot at beating “The Notorious” in the Octagon.