CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

New CFB rankings should make for a good debate

Michigan only drops one spot clemson at 4, lville at 5.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Michigan was 3 last week. This is unfucking believable. Try to convince me that Louisville shouldn't be above those 2 penetrating teams. PLEASE

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mich out when Ohio St beats them

Penn St wins out watch out

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Let's check out the entire top 25.
    1. Alabama (10-0)
    2. Ohio State (9-1)
    3. Michigan (9-1)
    4. Clemson (9-1)
    5. Louisville (9-1)
    6. Washington (9-1)
    7. Wisconsin (8-2)
    8. Penn State (8-2)
    9. Oklahoma (8-2)
    10. Colorado (8-2)

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 436

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Michigan only drops one spot clemson at 4, lville at 5.
    Wasn't Mich #3 last week?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Jeez big ten

jjgold

Pretty much still up for grabs other than Alabama

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is very simple people. Alabama is IN and #1. If Michigan runs the table, they are in and #2. If Washington wins out they are #3. If Clemson wins out they are #4. The ONLY chance that a very over-rated Lousiville team has is if one of the 2, 3, or 4 teams lose.

Clemson has a very good chance of winning out, playing at 6-4 Wake, then hosting what will be a 6-5 South Carolina team, and playing in the CC game against a team that will have a minimum of 3 losses. Louisville CANNOT pass Clemson if Clemson wins out. They certainly do not deserve to. They lost the head to head game.

Washington is next. They host a disappointing 5-5 Arizona State team, and then go to Wazzu for a tough showdown game for the Pac 12 North Title against a tough Washington State team that will be 9-2 or 8-3 depending on the outcome of their game at Colorado. If they win that game, they will play either Colorado, Utah, or USC in the Pac 12 title game.

The Big 10 is really crazy. Michigan must win out to make the Playoffs. They should coast against Indiana, but then must go to Columbus to face a one loss Ohio State team, assuming that Ohio State gets past 3 win Michigan State. If Ohio State wins out, they still need help because Penn State, with 2 losses but only 1 conference loss, owns the tie breaker between those two. Penn State finishes at 2-8 Rutgers and then hosts 3-7 (probably 8) Michigan State. No matter who wins the Big 10 East, they will face a very good two loss Wisconsin team or a two loss Nebraska team (should Wisconsin slip up) in the CC game. The Big 10 is a mess. There is a real possibility that an 11-1 Louisville team and an 11-1 Ohio State team may compete for the #3 or 4 spot in the playoffs, in which case, the big edge goes to Ohio State because Clemson, an ACC team. will probably make the playoffs and the ACC simply is not good enough to have two teams in the playoff.

The Big 12 has a very outside chance that West Virginia could make it as a 1 loss Power 5 Conference Champion. That will pretty much be decided Saturday when they host Oklahoma.

jjgold

Wisconsin or Penn State deserves in it and if things fall their way

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Lol if Penn St makes the playoffs. They will be minimum 3 td underdogs to bama

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is very simple people. Alabama is IN and #1. If Michigan runs the table, they are in and #2. If Washington wins out they are #3. If Clemson wins out they are #4. The ONLY chance that a very over-rated Lousiville team has is if one of the 2, 3, or 4 teams lose.
    in other words 100% as Ohio St plays Michigan Lville is in 100% guys

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    in other words 100% as Ohio St plays Michigan Lville is in 100% guys
    If Clemson runs the table, ohio St beats Michigan and Penn St wins their next 2, the 4 playoff teams will be bama, Clemson, Wisconsin/psu, and osu/Washington. Even if Washington doesn't win pac 12 title, I just can't see Louisville getting in ahead of osu. Louisville probably needs Michigan to win the big 10.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post

Clemson has a very good chance of winning out, playing at 6-4 Wake, then hosting what will be a 6-5 South Carolina team, and playing in the CC game against a team that will have a minimum of 3 losses. Louisville CANNOT pass Clemson if Clemson wins out. They certainly do not deserve to. They lost the head to head game.

Washington is next. They host a disappointing 5-5 Arizona State team, and then go to Wazzu for a tough showdown game for the Pac 12 North Title against a tough Washington State team that will be 9-2 or 8-3 depending on the outcome of their game at Colorado. If they win that game, they will play either Colorado, Utah, or USC in the Pac 12 title game.

The Big 10 is really crazy. Michigan must win out to make the Playoffs. They should coast against Indiana, but then must go to Columbus to face a one loss Ohio State team, assuming that Ohio State gets past 3 win Michigan State. If Ohio State wins out, they still need help because Penn State, with 2 losses but only 1 conference loss, owns the tie breaker between those two. Penn State finishes at 2-8 Rutgers and then hosts 3-7 (probably 8) Michigan State. No matter who wins the Big 10 East, they will face a very good two loss Wisconsin team or a two loss Nebraska team (should Wisconsin slip up) in the CC game. The Big 10 is a mess. There is a real possibility that an 11-1 Louisville team and an 11-1 Ohio State team may compete for the #3 or 4 spot in the playoffs, in which case, the big edge goes to Ohio State because Clemson, an ACC team. will probably make the playoffs and the ACC simply is not good enough to have two teams in the playoff.

The Big 12 has a very outside chance that West Virginia could make it as a 1 loss Power 5 Conference Champion. That will pretty much be decided Saturday when they host Oklahoma.
    I disagree that Washington controls its own destiny, if Ohio State beats Michigan, they will make Playoff as second Big Ten Team, joining Bama and Clemson and winner of Wisconsin/Penn State. Yes, I totally get that Penn State does not deserve it but committee would basically be forced to let them in to justify letting Ohio State in. Can;t let Ohio State in and leave Big Ten Champ out, if that happened, why have conference championships?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by rizespor View Post
    If Clemson runs the table, ohio St beats Michigan and Penn St wins their next 2, the 4 playoff teams will be bama, Clemson, Wisconsin/psu, and osu/Washington. Even if Washington doesn't win pac 12 title, I just can't see Louisville getting in ahead of osu. Louisville probably needs Michigan to win the big 10.
    Yep and OSU has clear edge on Washington because Buckeyes might legitimately be second best team in country. I DO think that Louisville would get in over Washington though if Michigan makes things easier by winning Big Ten. I think Huskies are the team in biggest trouble of being left out.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Do you guys really want bammer -28 vs penn st In a playoff?

Let vegas run this shit not some comdelexza rice a roni

it will all work out

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Do you guys really want bammer -28 vs penn st In a playoff?

Let vegas run this shit not some comdelexza rice a roni

it will all work out
    I hear you but committee may have no choice.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Do people really think big 10 is that good. 4 of the best 8 teams in country? I don't see it. I think they are doing this to piss off a lot of people full on knowing that the big 10 will sort itself out over next few weeks

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I was very surprised to find out Michigan is still #3 with a LOSS?

The only thing I can assume.... it was a Road Game... and they lost by 1 or 2 points?

Crazy.

Oh... and it helped that Harbaugh ran up the score on every blow out WIN. He actually did something right.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Do people really think big 10 is that good. 4 of the best 8 teams in country? I don't see it. I think they are doing this to piss off a lot of people full on knowing that the big 10 will sort itself out over next few weeks
    But Ohio State IS legit and they probably will be non-champion.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

The fact is that from #7 or #8 to #25 are all the same

Michigan get win over top 10 rado, but Florida st is a better team than rado and would be favored

just 2 weeks ago they said A&m was top 4 team, just shows you how much the first rankings do matter because you dont lose you rarely get jumped.

They are getting great ratings but they should just rank the top 25 after the season is complete

like basketball in a way

we don't need 6 weeks of media in their ear as they are only human

These conferences aren't divided equally... I mean you want weight on comf champ then shouldn't the 2 best teams in conference play for title? I.e, clemson/UL not va Tech or unc lol.

but nobody talks about that

i mean does anyone think Washington is better than USC? Gtfo

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

As of right now nobody but Bama stands out amongst the crowd. It is a joke this year.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16988

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yep and OSU has clear edge on Washington because Buckeyes might legitimately be second best team in country. I DO think that Louisville would get in over Washington though if Michigan makes things easier by winning Big Ten. I think Huskies are the team in biggest trouble of being left out.
    how can washington not make it if they win out? they are sixth right now and at least one team ahead of them is guaranteed to lose. then when they win the pac12 they will bump ahead of lville.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

First off Washington is gonna lose again so don't worry about that

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    how can washington not make it if they win out? they are sixth right now and at least one team ahead of them is guaranteed to lose. then when they win the pac12 they will bump ahead of lville.
    I have to disagree. Washington has the worst loss of all the one loss teams in the playoff conversation.

Louisville unlikely to lose either of their next two. Same can be said about Clemson.

If they win out they will probably get bumped up depending on who loses between Buckeyes and Wolverines.

They need to pound ASU by a big number and then look good against Wazzou. If they blow out both I think they have a good shot to take Michigan's spot when they lose to Ohio State.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

What a bunch of clowns the committee members are. Might as well be a 12-man SBR-pro committee.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Hopefully it works itself out to get the actual four best in. The committee is making the BCS computer BS look genius.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    Because I disagree about them passing Louisville since the Pac-12 is crap. We shall see, it would only come into play if Michigan wins in Columbus. If Ohio State wins that game, then Louisville and Washington are probably both fawked.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Basically an extra bowl game match: Ohio state vs Michigan November 26
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19581

Ala, Clem, Lou and the OSU/Mich winner; that's going to be the playoff.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

No other place to put this really, but if you get ESPN U you should check out the show on right now: Champ Drive Power Hour. Really good film discussion about different teams, some recent trends being brought up.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Ala, Clem, Lou and the OSU/Mich winner; that's going to be the playoff.
    Agree if Michigan wins. If Ohio State wins, Big Ten Champ knocks out Louisville despite fact that Louisville would be favored over either Wiscy or Penn State.