Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I don't feel like writing a book about it corporate tax incentives do create jobs. https://www.google.com/amp/www.forbe...science-is-in/

And infrastructure improvements will create jobs as well. Look at all The New Deal programs and what they did.

Of course there are consequences, there always are, in any policy decision. But the thread title was not "What could Trump do to create jobs and what would the consequences of these policies be?"
    GL - I'm not understanding what the article you posted has to do with corporate tax incentives? That article is talking about the effect cutting taxes of the lower 90% income earners. Nothing about corporate taxes????

Are we talking about cutting corporate taxes or lowering the tax rate of the middle class? I'm all for cutting any and all taxes and putting more money in the people's hands means more spending which means more jobs in theory but like I said before there's always a cause and effect. Things are never as simple as it seems.

http://corporatetax.procon.org/
    http://foreffectivegov.org/blog/thin...bs-think-again
    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...conomy/504845/

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    It's ok to call someone out, but you better have facts in hand. Just to willy nilly say they are lying means they own you.
    Facts in hand? What do you want me to do, post links to the Federal and State Corporate tax tables? Take a survey of 10,000 men to see how many have experienced random women attacking them with hidden razor blades in their hands because the FBI has no such category?

It's why I made the student arguing 1+1 analogy. It's a baseless argument just to be arguing, and you can't disprove it through logic or proof because he will warp reality or create hypotheticals to fit his thinking. It's like Kaepernick getting attention with his pretentious outrage for injustice but is so clueless about the issue he shows up to a press conference with Fidel Castro on a t-shirt.

Mac4lyfe is the Colin Kaepernick of SBR. A clueless contrarian drama queen
    Last edited by dlowilly; 01-13-17 at 07:15 PM.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The same Donald Trump who hasn't paid taxes in 20 years...

I never said I had a problem in them cutting the corp tax rate. Cut away. I hate taxes... any tax.
    but I'm not gullible enough to think that that will solve our problems or create more jobs. History has shown the exact opposite. But sure, give it a try.
    Who's history, chico? MSNBC's?

Large tax cuts have proven to revive economic activity(see Reagan tax cuts of 1981). It's not a partisan issue. It was Kennedy's blueprint.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Facts in hand? What do you want me to do, post links to the Federal and State Corporate tax tables? Take a survey of 10,000 men to see how many have experienced random women attacking them with hidden razor blades in their hands because the FBI has no such category?

It's why I made the student arguing 1+1 analogy. It's a baseless argument just to be arguing, and you can't disprove it through logic or proof because he will warp reality or create hypotheticals to fit his thinking. It's like Kaepernick getting attention with his pretentious outrage for injustice but is so clueless about the issue he shows up to a press conference with Fidel Castro on a t-shirt.

Mac4lyfe is the Colin Kaepernick of SBR. A clueless contrarian drama queen
    Yes. If you want to prove someone wrong, show us your shit. Don't go calling someone a liar, because you don't have a comeback.

Just like your boy spewing his pulpit shit. 3/4 of his shit was politifact wrong, yet you guys take it as gospel.
    Now, who's the liar?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You are what's wrong with our country. You think you are entitled to make money by doing nothing. Just because you made money by barely working 20 hours a week 15 years ago does not entitle you to continue making money into the future. You must change with the fukkin times. Obama has NOTHING to do with your current circumstance. Trump will have zero to do with what your life looks like 8/12 years from now. If you really think the POTUS has that must control over your own personal success, you also believe in the fukking Easter Bunny or Santa Claus. You are like most Americans who think you deserve handouts. Many delusional people are waiting for the government to do something for them. You need to listen to JFK, "Ask not what your country can do for you..." You have got to get off your ass and create your way and not blame "The Man".

The good old days are a fallacy. You create good days today, tomorrow for yourself. The grass is only green where you water it. I had to reinvent myself at least 5 times. I saw the writing on the wall in several industries that I was in and I had to make tough decisions. I was making a shit load of money at one time. The money kept rolling in for years. I was making millions of dollars and spending millions as well. I never thought my gravy train was going to end. I was too blind to even see when the bottom dropped out. When it did, I was in denial. I laid in the house all day every day basically depressed for months. I had so many bad habits over the years, I didn't even know how to work hard. I finally woke the fukk up, got out a sheet of paper and listed all the things I was good at and how I could make money. It took me just a few weeks to break those habits and got back on track. Today, I never put all my marbles in one place. I'm always looking for ways to get better. It is very easy to be wealthy in the US... Ridiculously easy. It is just much easier to be broke and make excuses. You want to be rich, do what most people don't do, then you will have what most people don't have.

Read the tea leaves. Manufacturing jobs are not coming back even with Trump. Steel mills are not coming back. The coal industry will not exist in 20 years. People are not flocking to malls nor are they renting videos from Blockbuster. Times are always changing. Stay ahead of the curve and not behind it. Don't blame congress and definitely don't wait on them to do something to make your life better. Figure out how to make your own way. WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE POOR. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE POOR PEOPLE. And there will always be people who make money in good times and bad. Which do you choose? The first step is to get off your pity potty. Many people have made their most money under Obama (I did). Shame on you if didn't. Shame on you if 8 years ago you don't either. I'll step off my soap box now.
    You misread a lot. Learn to read and examine things more in depth (from posters) rather than talking from your numskull malfunctioned brain.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Who's history, chico? MSNBC's?
    Large tax cuts have proven to revive economic activity(see Reagan tax cuts of 1981). It's not a partisan issue. It was Kennedy's blueprint.
    You are either too young or need to review history. Reagan cut taxes in 1981 and turned right around and raised them in 1982. He raised corporate taxes and gasoline hikes. Then in 1983 he raised taxes once again through social security. He then increased taxes in 1984 with the deficit reduction act, then the tax reform of 1986 and the omnibus budget reconciliation act of 1987.
    Don't let facts get in the way...

http://www.econdataus.com/taxcuts.html

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You misread a lot. Learn to read and examine things more in depth (from posters) rather than talking from your numskull malfunctioned brain.
    You need to reread what you wrote because you basically blamed Obama for not making money. Now you are hoping and praying that Trump will help turn your life around. Do you need the number to the Easter Bunny too???

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You need to reread what you wrote because you basically blamed Obama for not making money. Now you are hoping and praying that Trump will help turn your life around. Do you need the number to the Easter Bunny too???
    I know 100% Obama is to blame. Like you have any clue on how to run your lemonade stand? I think we've talked about this before.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

GL - I'm not understanding what the article you posted has to do with corporate tax incentives? That article is talking about the effect cutting taxes of the lower 90% income earners. Nothing about corporate taxes????

Are we talking about cutting corporate taxes or lowering the tax rate of the middle class? I'm all for cutting any and all taxes and putting more money in the people's hands means more spending which means more jobs in theory but like I said before there's always a cause and effect. Things are never as simple as it seems.

http://corporatetax.procon.org/
    http://foreffectivegov.org/blog/thin...bs-think-again
    http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...conomy/504845/

My bad, Mac. Lol. Honestly I just googled corporate tax incentives create jobs and posted that article without reading it.

Here are a few examples of what I am talking about:

http://www.wthr.com/article/honda-an...nsburg-plant-0

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...-indiana-plant

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com...g-indiana-jobs

These have all happened in Indiana, and there are quite a lot of people who have good jobs as a result. You would be hard pressed to tell them that corporate tax incentives don't create jobs.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    My bad, Mac. Lol. Honestly I just googled corporate tax incentives create jobs and posted that article without reading it.
    Here are a few examples of what I am talking about:
    http://www.wthr.com/article/honda-an...nsburg-plant-0

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...-indiana-plant

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com...g-indiana-jobs

These have all happened in Indiana, and there are quite a lot of people who have good jobs as a result. You would be hard pressed to tell them that corporate tax incentives don't create jobs.
    Greaser - I do agree with you and the gist of this thread that tax incentives, reduced taxes, etc., does create jobs. I'm not trying to dispute that. Companies are moving here to Texas in droves away from California because of it.

My main contention is that you often have to rob peter to pay paul. Sure Texas is getting a lot of business but what about California that just lost those jobs? There's always a cause and effect. Let's say we lose low income jobs to Mexico, India and Asia. People get mad that we lost those jobs but many Americans are not willing to do the work anyway. If we keep those low jobs in the US, overall wages goes down and the dollar ends up being devalued. Do we want a country with high paying jobs, low paying jobs or we don't care? The answers are not so easy. We could have 100% of the country working but if everyone is working for minimum wage are we creating wealth???

Unemployment is at the lowest levels ever. That still doesn't solve all our problems. I think we need more skilled Americans, where we can demand higher paying jobs. That means we need to lead in education. Unfortunately, we are behind about 30 other countries in education and we have not put a premium on preparing our young people. I'm all for cutting taxes, especially mine but investing in our youth might be more important???
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 01-14-17 at 05:02 PM.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9207

Greaser - I do agree with you and the gist of this thread that tax incentives, reduced taxes, etc., does create jobs. I'm not trying to dispute that. Companies are moving here to Texas in droves away from California because of it.

My main contention is that you often have to rob peter to pay paul. Sure Texas is getting a lot of business but what about California that just lost those jobs? There's always a cause and effect. Let's say we lose low income jobs to Mexico, India and Asia. People get mad that we lost those jobs but many Americans are not willing to do the work anyway. If we keep those low jobs in the US, overall wages goes down and the dollar ends up being devalued. Do we want a country with high paying jobs, low paying jobs or we don't care? The answers are not so easy. We could have 100% of the country working but if everyone is working for minimum wage are we creating wealth???

Unemployment is at the lowest levels ever. That still doesn't solve all our problems. I think we need more skilled Americans, where we can demand higher paying jobs. That means we need to lead in education. Unfortunately, we are behind about 30 other countries in education and we have not put a premium on preparing our young people. I'm all for cutting taxes, especially mine but investing in our youth might be more important???
    Investing how? We put kids through 13 years of school, and when they graduate high school, they are qualified to work the lowest paying jobs available and not much else. They get hired at McDonald's and work next to an immigrant from a 3rd world country with a 2nd grade education who had to learn english. The education system is broken. Wasting money isn't the same as investing.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Legalize on line gambling

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

What Would Be A Good Way For Trump To Create More Jobs For Americans? Resign.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Investing how? We put kids through 13 years of school, and when they graduate high school, they are qualified to work the lowest paying jobs available and not much else. They get hired at McDonald's and work next to an immigrant from a 3rd world country with a 2nd grade education who had to learn english. The education system is broken. Wasting money isn't the same as investing.
    First off, a high school education is not good enough. We need our kids to go on to higher education and catch up to other countries who are kicking our ass. We need to dominate technical sector jobs and that demands higher education. 2nd we have to fix the system so that our kids realize that they must compete in a changing world that has become more global. Our kids do not cherish education as much as others which is the problem. Stop being entitled and get an education. Fewer and fewer kids are getting masters and Phd's. While Asians, Africans and Indians are coming into the country and getting them and getting the higher level jobs.

Education is never a waste. Studying meaningless subjects and getting useless degrees can get you unemployed though. We need to tell kids what to study instead of them getting useless Bachelor's degrees. There's a lot of trades that kids can study for but they are not being coached properly.

guitarjosh

First off, a high school education is not good enough. We need our kids to go on to higher education and catch up to other countries who are kicking our ass. We need to dominate technical sector jobs and that demands higher education. 2nd we have to fix the system so that our kids realize that they must compete in a changing world that has become more global. Our kids do not cherish education as much as others which is the problem. Stop being entitled and get an education. Fewer and fewer kids are getting masters and Phd's. While Asians, Africans and Indians are coming into the country and getting them and getting the higher level jobs.

Education is never a waste. Studying meaningless subjects and getting useless degrees can get you unemployed though. We need to tell kids what to study instead of them getting useless Bachelor's degrees. There's a lot of trades that kids can study for but they are not being coached properly.
    High school, at this point, is only used to get people into college. A high school education would be enough if we quit wasting time teaching people mostly useless crap like PE, painting, Shakespeare, etc. If we taught thing like coding, HVAC, plumbing, etc in high school much of college wouldn't be needed. Get government out of the college business and watch the amount of future student debt plummet.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

What is strange and a bit ironic about this is, yes the educational system K-12 is wanting but improving. But at the same time our university system is if not the very best in the world at least among the top 3 in the world. Many great foreign students attend our universities, but remember that those same US kids that you are being critical of, are also attending our universities and doing very well.

So we have a bit of a conundrum, a less than stellar K-12 but those same students succeeding in a university setting that is tops in the world.
    Last edited by dante1; 01-16-17 at 08:06 PM.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

and believe me Josh, because I have my finger on the pulse concerning what is happening in K-12. Many districts in many states are making huge improvements. Yes, it is difficult because of a myriad of social, educational and other problems, but progress is slow and steady in at least two states that I am familiar with. I am quite sure that is happening in other states too. Things are becoming very strict and very difficult for administrators and teachers alike, this is making a real difference.

It is unbelievable to me when I see the work being done by third grade kids in a super special school in NJ. It is simply amazing the care and great teaching being done in this top notch school. You wouldn't believe it if I told you.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

End the drug war, legalize and regulate drugs. This would create jobs, save taxpayer money, increase tax dollars coming in, result in less tension between law enforcement and citizens, decrease corruption, and allow law enforcement to focus on real crimes.

Mac4Lyfe

Trump is looking to cut the corporate tax to 20%. he wanted 15% but congress wanted 25% so he compromised. Great move.

Even better he's looking to allow 100% depreciation for businesses in the first year. Wow, that would be huge to be able to write off cost immediately. I hope he can get this across. Tremdous.

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28535

tax cuts for all.........that will flip some money

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Trump is looking to cut the corporate tax to 20%. he wanted 15% but congress wanted 25% so he compromised. Great move.

Even better he's looking to allow 100% depreciation for businesses in the first year. Wow, that would be huge to be able to write off cost immediately. I hope he can get this across. Tremdous.
    Sounds great. My employees will pay a higher tax rate than me. Tremendous.

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    What is strange and a bit ironic about this is, yes the educational system K-12 is wanting but improving. But at the same time our university system is if not the very best in the world at least among the top 3 in the world. Many great foreign students attend our universities, but remember that those same US kids that you are being critical of, are also attending our universities and doing very well.

So we have a bit of a conundrum, a less than stellar K-12 but those same students succeeding in a university setting that is tops in the world.
    Improving how? Are kids now able to get good paying, steady careers after 13 years of education, because that's what we need. I've not criticized those kids, I've criticized the system they're born into, because it doesn't work. I wouldn't say all of them are doing very well, considering how many have to put off getting married, getting their own house, having kids, etc, because despite having a college degree, they can't afford to move out of their parents house and pay off their college loans in a reasonably short amount of time. Those government guaranteed loans for art history are nothing but a waste.

I agree we have a first class university system in the US, and have you noticed that it is pretty much exactly what people like me are wanting to happen in K-12?

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    and believe me Josh, because I have my finger on the pulse concerning what is happening in K-12. Many districts in many states are making huge improvements. Yes, it is difficult because of a myriad of social, educational and other problems, but progress is slow and steady in at least two states that I am familiar with. I am quite sure that is happening in other states too. Things are becoming very strict and very difficult for administrators and teachers alike, this is making a real difference.

It is unbelievable to me when I see the work being done by third grade kids in a super special school in NJ. It is simply amazing the care and great teaching being done in this top notch school. You wouldn't believe it if I told you.
    Again, improving how? A couple of years I looked up when California's current graduation requirements were implemented, and it was the 86/87 school year. Again, that was a couple of years ago, but look at how the economy had changed from 1987 to 2012, and realize very little had changed educationally in California in that time. We need to change the K-12 system from a college prep program to a system that also can teach skilled and semi-skilled jobs so these kids can have good careers and never need to go to college.
    Last edited by guitarjosh; 01-20-17 at 08:32 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

To think tax cuts create jobs just shows u how God dam dumb some of u assholes truely are

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11720

just cut the wealthy taxes so they can hire more

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    To think tax cuts create jobs just shows u how God dam dumb some of u assholes truely are
    Yet you agree with them

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    We already have jobs. Plenty of em. Just not certain ones that people wish would stay or come back, but never will.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Focus on trade schools/systems for people to learn a skill....people that fukked up when they were in high school and now work dead end jobs. Also focus more on this for kids for the future

On the other side....Stop giving free handouts to people who can work but rely on a system in place that makes it better for them to stay home. The system needs an overhaul and should weed out those that really do need help and those that are lazy and have a better life not working. You can create jobs by having people overhaul the system itself.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Focus on trade schools/systems for people to learn a skill....people that fukked up when they were in high school and now work dead end jobs. Also focus more on this for kids for the future

On the other side....Stop giving free handouts to people who can work but rely on a system in place that makes it better for them to stay home. The system needs an overhaul and should weed out those that really do need help and those that are lazy and have a better life not working. You can create jobs by having people overhaul the system itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

that obviously upset king mayan denoted by his emoticons

the more emoticons he post the more upset he is, I'll get more than 5 in response to this. He is very predictable.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Sounds great. My employees will pay a higher tax rate than me. Tremendous.
    What? No

Corporate tax is a double tax. Unless I'm misinterpreting posts in this thread I don't think some of you understand this. Income of these C Corporations (These big companies we are talking about) is first taxed at the corporate level at the corporate tax rate, then the individuals who receive income from that corporation get that taxed at the normal individual income tax rates.

The corporate tax rate could be 0, but the income which flows to owners still gets taxed. Not to mention all the employer taxes you pay.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    What? No

Corporate tax is a double tax. Unless I'm misinterpreting posts in this thread I don't think some of you understand this. Income of these C Corporations (These big companies we are talking about) is first taxed at the corporate level at the corporate tax rate, then the individuals who receive income from that corporation get that taxed at the normal individual income tax rates.

The corporate tax rate could be 0, but the income which flows to owners still gets taxed. Not to mention all the employer taxes you pay.
    Well I'm not a big corp. Mine is a S Corp. A pass through.

What you're talking about is dividends, which only some companies pay and even then only some taxpayers have to pay.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

What you're talking about is dividends, which only some companies pay and even then only some taxpayers have to pay.
    No, he is right. Compensation paid to employees is taxed twice as well.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

High school, at this point, is only used to get people into college. A high school education would be enough if we quit wasting time teaching people mostly useless crap like PE, painting, Shakespeare, etc. If we taught thing like coding, HVAC, plumbing, etc in high school much of college wouldn't be needed. Get government out of the college business and watch the amount of future student debt plummet.
    Very well said,College's are making bundles getting poor kids to come that a lot of the time just go because their mates are going,how many go without having a clear idea of what they want and end up flunking out or partying all the time.,So why actually teach kids worthwhile subjects when the schooling is covered by the tax money and schools are keeping tabs on every student and making sure their at school.

College is just an expensive racket for the most part.

dlowilly

Ok what were you talking about in post #91 then? If you are an S Corp the corporate tax rate doesn't apply and has no impact on your tax rate compared to your employees, so why would you comment about that?

If you are referring to accelerated depreciation, why wouldn't you pay low to no taxes if you had expenses for the year that offset your income? It's just a fiscal strategy by the government to stimulate the economy through business spending, it's not a loophole to not pay taxes, because what you don't pay the year you write off expenses you pay in later years you don't have those expenses to write off.

Or maybe just admit your sarcastic comment in post #91 doesn't make much sense. Pretty much how bleeding heart tax the rich pay the poor economics doesn't make much sense either.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

Instead of trying to figure out how to get inexpensive drugs from Canada into the U.S.
    Maybe you should be more interested in learning why the drugs here are so inexpensive.

First 1234 Last