sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I find myself getting pissed off watching Durant play his ex team. It really irritates me to no end to see guys screw an entire fan base like this. I hate to say it but inwardly I'm hoping he breaks his leg or something happens so that he will not have any success in GSW. Should I feel like this???
    I have to ask, why do you feel this way? Sounds crazy to me. NBA is (somewhat) a free market. KD is a real man with his own life and opinions and preferences. So you think he should be relegated to serve one team? Why? He is not a slave... he wanted to get the fuk out of there and he did. I'm happy for him. He is happy. We all are about to see some really great basketball. GSW just thrashed OKC... that was awesome.

You just don't like GSW for some strange reason. That is a YOU problem.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    Yes guys all lebrons fault lololol u guys r too much. Their were plenty of super teams put together before that miami squad
    Plenty of superstar teams that were manufactured but none successful until kg and Boston then lebron and Miami. Pippin and Barkley tried in the 90s, McGrady and Yao in the 2000s. The organic teams with chemistry ruled the roost until kg

sportsfan9698

All sports franchises get exactly what they deserve. The success of any sports franchise is a direct result of the quality of their ownership + their executives. Some franchises are very well built in that regard (Warriors, Spurs, Patriots, Cubs), and most of the others really struggle over decades (Browns, Lions, Knicks, Padres).

You keep going on and on about how KD has disappointed the fan base... isn't that exactly what the owner of the Sonics/Thunder did just a few years back. I have a feeling there is a good NBA fan base in Seattle that would have a thing or two to say to you about fan loyalty lol. Fact is that thunder is not a well run team. KD got sick and tired of it and he chose another option. I'm happy for him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think as they get use to each other will be tough to beat them in a 7 games series

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    Had ownership opened up the checkbook and kept the necessary talent around him while he was there, he never would have left.

Ownership wasn't willing to go deep into the luxury tax.
    OKC was up 3-1 on the Warriors last year and had blown them off the court in two of those games.

OKC was up 10 on the Warriors with 5-6 minutes left in game six at home with a chance to close it out.

Durant dissappeared. How is that ownership's fault? Ownership got Durant there and he didn't deliver.

sportsfan9698

Yes guys all lebrons fault lololol u guys r too much. Their were plenty of super teams put together before that miami squad
    Name one. I have been a big NBA fan for 35 years... and I thought it was not possible until the Heat did it with Lebron. All others were failures... and no guarantee it works for GSW - we will have to wait and see. Personally I like their chances because they have the right players and the right coach.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    All sports franchises get exactly what they deserve. The success of any sports franchise is a direct result of the quality of their ownership + their executives. Some franchises are very well built in that regard (Warriors, Spurs, Patriots, Cubs), and most of the others really struggle over decades (Browns, Lions, Knicks, Padres).

You keep going on and on about how KD has disappointed the fan base... isn't that exactly what the owner of the Sonics/Thunder did just a few years back. I have a feeling there is a good NBA fan base in Seattle that would have a thing or two to say to you about fan loyalty lol. Fact is that thunder is not a well run team. KD got sick and tired of it and he chose another option. I'm happy for him.
    Poor ownership?

OKC is a small market team and they got Durant to the Finals.

They also got him to a point where he was up 3-1 on the Warriors and his team had 8 point lead with five minutes to go to get to a second NBA Finals.

Durant was surrounded by a championship caliber team for 7 years....how is that poor ownership?

You don't know what you're talking about.

It's Durant's right to leave. The whole issue is the team he went to. That's weak. Stephen A. Smith, Barkley, Miller, etc all day the same thing.

The Warriors were great without Durant. So he went there so everything would be easy for him and now he plays this victim card and we're supposed to feel sorry for him?

It's weak. What if Curry was a free agent last summer and he bolted for the Cavs after blowing a 3-1 lead.

What if JR Smith had kicked Klay Thompson in the nuts it's in that series and then people found out Curry had been texting JR Smith after the game and had become best friends with him. Would you respect Curry for making that move?

Kevin Durant is 28. He needs to quit talking about finding himself and becoming a man. He needs to just stick to playing basketball and quit acting like a damn victim.
    Points Awarded:

Catch77 gave BigDofBA 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe gave BigDofBA 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken, and Mac4Lyfe

sportsfan9698

I say that OKC is a poorly managed franchise because they let Hardin go. They had a championship team, and they let it go. Now they let KD go. That is a sure sign of a failed team.

You say KD needs to do this or do that??? No he does not. He needs to do exactly what he wants to do. He certainly does not need to listen to you or anybody else about what he should do.

shadymcgrady

Big D ur obviously a subjective yet educated okc fan that makes compelling arguments and while I don't share the same opinion I can't disagree with most of ur claims. Yes okc was the better team against gsw last yr imo and yes they should've beat them. But when the game was on the line I think westbrook had more to do with blowing that series than durant. Dude was terrible from the field and in clutch situations going 1 on 3 and turning over. What doesn't get talked about is while Russ is the best athlete in the league he's also the dumbest in terms of basketball IQ. He'll never win until he grows a brain

BigDofBA

I say that OKC is a poorly managed franchise because they let Hardin go. They had a championship team, and they let it go. Now they let KD go. That is a sure sign of a failed team.

You say KD needs to do this or do that??? No he does not. He needs to do exactly what he wants to do. He certainly does not need to listen to you or anybody else about what he should do.
    They didn't "let" KD go. They offered him more money than Golden State did.

You're not comprehending what I'm even saying. KD obviously doesn't give two shits about the fan's opinions and that's his right. It was also his right to leave because he was a free agent.

My position is that it was the weakest move we've seen from a superstar because of the team he went to and the situation (blowing a 3-1 lead to a 73 win defending champion and then joining them).

Kevin Garnett and Lebron didn't goto a 73 win defending champion when they did their thing. This is much worse and I thought what Lebron did with the Miami thing was bad. Why do you think Lebron got so much grief?

And OKC didn't "let" Harden go. They offered him a four year deal and Houston offered him a five year deal. OKC couldnt afford Harden. It's a small market team.

Even with that said, OKC still did a good job of putting a championship team around Durant.

When you're organization got you to the NBA Finals and they also put you in a position where you were up 3-1 in the WCF against a 73 win defending champion, you can't blame your organization.

Durant isn't a victim in all this. He ran away from the challenge. It's his right but it's also my right to view it as weak.

I wouldn't have this opinion if he had went to Boston or Miami. If the Warriors win it all does it really make you view Durant any differently? He joined a team that could win it without him.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 11-04-16 at 09:08 AM.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Big D ur obviously a subjective yet educated okc fan that makes compelling arguments and while I don't share the same opinion I can't disagree with most of ur claims. Yes okc was the better team against gsw last yr imo and yes they should've beat them. But when the game was on the line I think westbrook had more to do with blowing that series than durant. Dude was terrible from the field and in clutch situations going 1 on 3 and turning over. What doesn't get talked about is while Russ is the best athlete in the league he's also the dumbest in terms of basketball IQ. He'll never win until he grows a brain
    They both melted down in game six. I agree.

OKC beat GSW by 28 in game three and 22 in game four last year. They were physically the more talented team and dominating the series. It took a miracle from Klay Thompson for the Warriors to survive that series when he had one of the best playoff shooting performances in NBA history.

Other than the Cavs, the Thunder were the team the Warriors feared most. That's why it's sickening to watch them eliminate that threat by getting the very guy they were afraid of.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Pro sports are funny - we fans get so emotionally invested that we forget it's just a business like anything else. As much as we may not like players jumping to another team it's completely their right to do so. KD put in his time in OKC and I never remember hearing him complain about anything. He was a great teammate and competitor and has represented the league better than 99% of pro athletes. What's with all the hate?

shadymcgrady

If andre Roberson actually played some defense after klay hit the 4th 3 in a row forget the first 3 then I truly believe okc would've beat cle. Adam silver wouldn't have been compelled to fix the series in favor of Cleveland and just let it play out

shadymcgrady

@mto ur nuts guy, hate is an integral part of sports. Makes for the best laughs.

@bigD hah! gayD, hilarious

sportsfan9698

BigD you have plenty to say lol... relax brah

Yes OKC did what they could to retain Hardin and KD - that was not the issue with either. It was a culture that they wanted to get away from. There are far more factors to running a successful franchise than simply offering the most cash. If that were the case, the Lakers and Knicks would win it all every year. But they do not...

You can be mad as hell all you want. You can rant and tell the world what you think KD should do, what he should have done. Nobody really cares. This is a free country and he chose otherwise. He should have stayed the tough course? WHy? He should do what he wants... the fact he stuck it out there for 10 years tells me he tried very hard. He said enough. He wants to try a better course. I love that.

OKC is a decent team, might make the playoffs. Not a contender... get over it.

sportsfan9698

BTW the primary reason KD left is to get far away from Westbrook... that guy is a cancer and people simply don't like him. Some games he plays so well and so hard, it would be hard to not think he is the best talent in the NBA. But other times, he is simply unhinged and absolutely destroys his team's chances to win. Nobody wants that. I can only imagine how he is in the locker room, or any other team situation. Why do stars keep leaving OKC? Nobody wants to work with an asshole. I blame OKC brass for having this culture and allowing it to happen.

shadymcgrady

I agree with ur views sportsfan, slow day at work for u as well this Friday? It's hard for me not to envision the trump avatar as I read ur posts. Pretty humorous

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

Westbrook is incredible but will never be a good leader yet he thinks he is. That was/is the dilemma

sportsfan9698

The moment I heard KD was shopping himself out to other teams, I was initially a bit surprised. Then I thought about it for all of maybe 60 seconds and I knew in my gut he wanted to get away from Westbrook. Honestly I don't think a championship ring is the primary motivator here... but it does not hurt to try to find a better place to win one - and have a much more happy time doing so.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3020

I'll never blame an athlete for leaving a team as a free agent, they earned that right to go play wherever the hell they want.

Catch77
    Catch77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1804

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    The Thunder got KD to the Finals.

The Thunder got Durant a 3-1 lead in the conference finals last year against the Warriors.

You are an idiot if you think OKC didn't give Durant what he needed to win. He had players like Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Adams etc. He was surrounded by a championship team for years.

Why are GayD and Thompson in when they're up 30 with 6 minutes left? OKC pulled their starters in the third.

Anyway, KD goes to a team with three all-stars and now he is talking shit to his former "boys". He is a pussy. He never delivered for OKC when all the chips were on the line. He disappeared.

I don't dislike him for leaving. I dislike him for going to the Warriors. To be chummy with Draymond Green while he was kicking Steven Adams in the nuts is pathetic. Then after KD choked away a 3-1 lead he was hugging it out with Curry after the series without a care in the world while his "brothers" were hurting.

KD is a fraud. He said he wanted to retire in OKC. He loved his teammates. He loved the city. He wanted them to hang his jersey in the rafters.....He cried and thanked Russell during his MVP speech, etc. It was all fake.

KD hangs out with a posse and always has people in his ear telling him what's best for him. I think that's why he has said some really stupid things since "the move.

My favorite was the clip his people put out of him shooting jumpers at 10 o'clock in the gym and he was talking about how he was "putting in work" and going to show the people that called him a "coward". Then he says shit like he "could've given up".

WTF. Someone please pay me 25 million dollars plus endorsements and I'll shoot jumpshots at 11 pm while someone rebounds for me. How hard is it? He could have just quit and given up? Who the hell is this guy?

Then he goes off an gets a Mt. Rushmore of 2pac, **-Tang Clan, and Rick James tattooed on his leg. This guy is trying too hard to be a tough guy. It's phony to me.

The Warriors are going to win a lot of games. Of course, they have four all-stars. Someone said KD fits in well at Golden State. What top 10 player wouldn't fit in well there? There are too many shooters to cover.

Thats what gets me. KD is not nor never will be a tough guy like Kobe or Lebron or even Westbrook. He is fake. All the cussing and "i dont give a f*uk" attitude just happened in last 3 years. Dude is trying so hard to be soneone hes not. Now hes screaming in the air and talking shit to his old team while jumping to a team WITH 3 EXISTING ALL STAR STARTERS.

GTFO KD even if they win it wont do a damn thing to his legacy and everyone knows it.

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

this was actually sickening to me man
    KD is a coward
    and worst of all he was chirping Kanter and the bench
    its like when someone leaves there friends to go with the cool kids and rubs it in
    if there is any karma on Earth this fkn black tootpick wont win a ring

sportsfan9698

Plenty of haters of KD and GSW on this thread... I suggest you turn off the damn TV for this season because GSW will be on every other nationally televised game this year. Personally I LOVE IT. I'm a Bulls fan, but I would much rather watch GSW because they are sooo good!!! They pass the ball. They are a real team that actually likes each other. They have great chemistry, and it shows in their play. Their fans are great.

Plenty of NBA teams could learn something there. It does not begin with going after that next hot FA... it begins with firing your lame executives and/or coach and finding men (or women) that know how to build from the ground up.

sportsfan9698

I will use my beloved Bulls for an example. Years back, when Rose got injured the 2nd time, I said they need to deal him. They did not. Rose has been a cancer to the Bulls for many years now. I blame management - NOT Rose. Rose tries hard, but he is not good enough, and he gets injured constantly. Overrated. But the Bulls management bought way too much into the hometown kid thing. They fuked up.

Now Rose is gone, and we have an aging Wage (another hometown kid). The jury is out, but I don't expect this team to make too much noise. It will take a few more years before the Bulls can get to that level again. I just hope they do not chase Butler away...

See how that works? I'm a Bulls fan but I can cut through the BS. In the end it is all up to the ownership and management. I guess I could be a dickhead and blame Rose for getting injured... some do that. Ridiculous. Bulls management has proven they know how to build a championship team, and I think they will get things back on track. They just really screwed up marrying Rose. You DO NOT marry any players in pro sports. If you can trade Hershel Walker to a team that will give you way too much for any one man, you do it. Yes that would include Lebron, or even Jordan back in the day.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by afgballer56 View Post
    KD is a coward
    its like when someone leaves there friends to go with the cool kids and rubs it in
    Have you never changed jobs?

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by afgballer56 View Post
    KD is a coward
    I thought it was awesome. The man obviously had something to get off his chest, and he did just that.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Name one. I have been a big NBA fan for 35 years... and I thought it was not possible until the Heat did it with Lebron. All others were failures... and no guarantee it works for GSW - we will have to wait and see. Personally I like their chances because they have the right players and the right coach.
    Sure
    2009-10 Boston celtics
    Rajon rondo/tony allen /perkins /garnett /peirce /allen/rasheed wallace
    2009-10 lakers
    Pau gasol/lamar odom/ron artest/kobe/fisher/bynum
    2007 spurs
    Ginobli/parker/duncan/bruce bowen/robert horry
    97 bulls
    Jordan/pippen/rodman/harper/kuckoc/
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave cwnotorious 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shadymcgrady

I will use my beloved Bulls for an example. Years back, when Rose got injured the 2nd time, I said they need to deal him. They did not. Rose has been a cancer to the Bulls for many years now. I blame management - NOT Rose. Rose tries hard, but he is not good enough, and he gets injured constantly. Overrated. But the Bulls management bought way too much into the hometown kid thing. They fuked up.

Now Rose is gone, and we have an aging Wage (another hometown kid). The jury is out, but I don't expect this team to make too much noise. It will take a few more years before the Bulls can get to that level again. I just hope they do not chase Butler away...

See how that works? I'm a Bulls fan but I can cut through the BS. In the end it is all up to the ownership and management. I guess I could be a dickhead and blame Rose for getting injured... some do that. Ridiculous. Bulls management has proven they know how to build a championship team, and I think they will get things back on track. They just really screwed up marrying Rose. You DO NOT marry any players in pro sports. If you can trade Hershel Walker to a team that will give you way too much for any one man, you do it. Yes that would include Lebron, or even Jordan back in the day.
    Again I couldn't agree more but ur trying to teach chess to some individuals that only know how to play checkers. Stupid people don't think they're stupid

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

CANTSTANDYA GSW. Can`t fukkin` stand ya.

I can`t wait for these smug posers to get smacked in the face and cry like the little bitches they are.

They make me root for Lebron & Co. They might be the biggest team of frontrunners ever assembled.

I can understand how fans from the bay area can be excited and love the team.
    Any true fan of another team should have a problem with these fukks.

shadymcgrady

I think the Bulls will do well and make some noise in the playoffs this yr. The vets on Chicago will come together before and better than the vets on the knicks this year. The collective IQ and style of game play the Bulls have in their vets/stars will show

sportsfan9698

Sure
    2009-10 Boston celtics
    2009-10 lakers
    2007 spurs
    97 bulls
    I missed your point. Yes agree there have been several attempts... I thought you were saying that many were successful in the past. I agree with you

sportsfan9698

Sure
    2009-10 Boston celtics
    2009-10 lakers
    2007 spurs
    97 bulls
    Wait... I read over your list, and now I think we are talking about TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS

I would contend that it is nearly impossible to assemble a group of all stars to create a championship team. I have always been correct in that assertion until the Heat won two rings. I still think it is nearly impossible.

The teams you cite ARE NOT A COLLECTION OF ALL STARS. The Bulls had their well established core from the draft (Jordan and Pippen). YEs they added great players over the years, but none of them were instrumental to the success... just insurance. Same with San Antonio... built from the ground up. That Lakers team you cite never won a damn thing - Same as that particular Boston team... but years earlier they did win.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Sure
    2009-10 Boston celtics
    2009-10 lakers
    2007 spurs
    97 bulls
    1996 Rockets with Barkley
    2003 Lakers with Malone and Peyton
    2012 Lakers with Gasol, DHoward and Steve Nash

None of them won a title but they sure tried to put together a super team.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Sure
    2009-10 Boston celtics
    2009-10 lakers
    2007 spurs
    97 bulls
    1996 Rockets with Barkley
    2003 Lakers with Malone and Peyton
    2012 Lakers with Gasol, DHoward and Steve Nash

None of them won a title but they sure tried to put together a super team.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    CANTSTANDYA GSW. Can`t fukkin` stand ya.

I can`t wait for these smug posers to get smacked in the face and cry like the little bitches they are.

They make me root for Lebron & Co. They might be the biggest team of frontrunners ever assembled.
    I can understand how fans from the bay area can be excited and love the team.
    Any true fan of another team should have a problem with these fukks.
    Let me guess...you're one of those people who want to send college players to the Olympics to make it fair for the other countries. Personally, I enjoy watching the best players getting together and seeing what happens.

Second, outside of Durant, how are they frontrunners? The core have been there their entire careers. Don't be jealous of GS for doing an amazing job drafting, developing their players, and having an environment everybody else wants to play in.

First 123 Last