Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by the giant View Post
    so many guys in this thread don't even understand baseball, and are arguing about what the managers should have done.

Classic stuff, gentlemen.

See you next year.
    stop
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Smoke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

I'm still perplexed how so many Cub fans were at this game? They took over the stadium like the Steelers do at away football games.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    108 fuking years. Some cop cars will burn tonight.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Still can't believe how bad Heyward is....
    So so bad and why did he get interviewed first it looked like smh wtf he do?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    So so bad and why did he get interviewed first it looked like smh wtf he do?
    Apparently he's the one who called the players-only meeting during the rain delay and kind of banded them all together and reminded them how they got there and to not sulk and just have fun and all that... It worked! He may have been an absolute disaster at the plate, but he was at least always good and the field and it would seem was a pretty great leader, as this talk totally worked!!

Rain delay kind of fukked the Tribe. They had all the momentum and Cubs were against the ropes... that delay let the Cubs take a chill and reset.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Apparently he's the one who called the players-only meeting during the rain delay and kind of banded them all together and reminded them how they got there and to not sulk and just have fun and all that... It worked! He may have been an absolute disaster at the plate, but he was at least always good and the field and it would seem was a pretty great leader, as this talk totally worked!!

He's the life blood of the team. Totally sucked at bat but solid defense and motivator.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post

Rain delay kind of fukked the Tribe. They had all the momentum and Cubs were against the ropes... that delay let the Cubs take a chill and reset.
    If thats what hes getting paid for sign me up cause hes an overpaid bum

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Not only missing 2 key starters but also missing their best outfielder Mike Brantley. Indians will be back. but it's so hard to win a title.

Yeah that's true mate,it's damn hard,as the Cubs can attest,hadnt won it since 1908,when you think all the events that have happended in that time,crazy.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

Unbelievable game. I think that was better than gm 6 in 2011. Instant classic.

What a story.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

For sure. One of the best. I lost, but it was the price of admission, and worth it.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Unbelievable game. I think that was better than gm 6 in 2011. Instant classic.

What a story.
    Was that the David freese game?

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Was that the David freese game?
    Yes it was.

My mother, 58, and Grandmother, 87, lived in the north side Chicago for 40+ years before moving to VA. Huge Cubs fan and obviously never seen them win a World Series. I called my mother after the final out and she was bawling her eyes out. I'm not a fan of the cubs, but am very happy they got to see their team finally win one. I knew they were fans, but didn't know how much this team meant to them.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Cubs go to Cleveland, beat their team and trash their town.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

What a game

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Going thru comments now about pulling Hendrick etc. Hendrick was getting hit hard..was nit his best start and there is no tomorrow. Lester pitched good..but clearly was uncomfortable in the relief role. In post season i.never thought Chapman was lights out. Just goes to show you how great Mariano was career .70 Era post season. Sometimes you make right decision sometimes you dont. Starting clev kluber short rest was bad and set the game for cubs to have big lead...but we all can be smart after fact. After game was tied he left Chapman in..odd...but it is what it is. No such thing as jinxes..and gm is not a godlike cause cubs won..lol. people on this b I ard and fans more into it then the players. Instead of busting on madden...ckev should take a big hit.blowing series up 3 to 1.

nyplayer33

Um..the meeting in dugout during rain delay didn't inspire them to win..lol. stop thinking these are little kids who need inspiration. Next I'll hear how Keith hernandez drinking beer in dugout inspired 86 Mets to comeback. For those who don't know..Hernandez made 2nd out and went into clubhouse and opened a beer..thinking game was over.

nyplayer33

Um..the meeting in dugout during rain delay didn't inspire them to win..lol. stop thinking these are little kids who need inspiration. Next I'll hear how Keith hernandez drinking beer in dugout inspired 86 Mets to comeback. For those who don't know..Hernandez made 2nd out and went into clubhouse and opened a beer..thinking game was over.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

I am by no means a baseball guy, but to me the "turning point" was when Davis caught the short fly ball
    for the second out, and Bryant scored tagging up from 3rd.

1) Davis played that ball like it was the 3rd out, then " whoops" guy is going home.
    2) Because he didn`t get set with footwork, etc. had to rush through and it sailed.

My big question. If your average center fielder plays that ball correctly and plays to home, isn`t the runner out by a few feet and inning over? NOT safe and allowing another run with the next batter doubling in a run.

Anyone who knows what they are talking about, I would appreciate your insight.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Maddon would never have won a WS if Epstein disn't gift him great players

Now Epstein needs to fire Maddon and let this team win 3 more WS

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Francona made a mistake pitching Kluber on short rest for the second start in a row; past numbers say that doesn't work.

Mac4Lyfe

Francona didn't have a lot of options left. Hard to use any other pitchers when you're already down 2 starters. The Indians really need to cut this series short and win in 5 or 6 but couldn't get the job done. A lot of what if's on both sides of this one but it's a small miracle the Indians was in this in the first place.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

I think Francona should have used Bauer to pitch the 10th inning it is tough for a old player like Shaw to have to wait around 20 minutes for a rain delay and then resume to pitch.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

Cubs win it, let's see if they can repeat

nyplayer33

They r 3 to 1...which means there true odds are closer to 4 to 1. Based on that..they probably won't repeat.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

I've gone over the game from every angle, and come to the realization that Francona cost Cleveland game 7 with a couple of managerial gaffs.

1) By trying to eek 1 more inning out of Kluber (who was clearly gassed by the middle of the 4th) Cubs put up 2 more runs before he got the yank. This was completely inexcusable since Miller, Shaw, and Allen were fully rested and capable of putting in 9+ innings of work.

2) By ordering Shaw to walk Rizzo and put 2 men on in the 10th, Cubs scored 2 runs off Zobrist's double instead of 1 (if Rizzo had gone out).

That was deflating to watch the Indians overcome the earlier mistake and tie the game up with a miracle 2 run shot in the 8th, only to have Francona make another mental mistake to lose the game. Best bullpen in baseball, and you don't trust them to get key outs when all the chips are down. Unreal.
    Last edited by OTL; 11-04-16 at 02:11 PM.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Dirt bag

BaseballChaser
    BaseballChaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post

Dirt bag
    Heyward steal your girl?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    I've gone over the game from every angle, and come to the realization that Francona cost Cleveland game 7 with a couple of managerial gaffs.

1) By trying to eek 1 more inning out of Kluber (who was clearly gassed by the middle of the 4th) Cubs put up 2 more runs before he got the yank. This was completely inexcusable since Miller, Shaw, and Allen were fully rested and capable of putting in 9+ innings of work.

2) By ordering Shaw to walk Rizzo and put 2 men on in the 10th, Cubs scored 2 runs off Zobrist's double instead of 1 (if Rizzo had gone out).

That was deflating to watch the Indians overcome the earlier mistake and tie the game up with a miracle 2 run shot in the 8th, only to have Francona make another mental mistake to lose the game. Best bullpen in baseball, and you don't trust them to get key outs when all the chips are down. Unreal.
    Not an easy situation either way, but I think the IBB to Rizzo made sense. He's basically the Cubs best hitter and you've got first base open with 1 out with a guy in Zobrist who is capable of hitting a DP. I pretty much figured Rizzo was going to get walked. Hindsight is 20/20, but if Rizzo hits a bomb, then everyone says how can you pitch to him.

And Cubs got just 1 more run off Kluber. He had handled Baez pretty well so they figured it was a good matchup rather than going to the lefty to face him.

Honestly, Maddon managed that game much worse. He got away with it, but he really botched pulling Hendricks too early and bringing in Lester and Chapman in dirty innings, even though he knew it was not a good idea. Not to mention gassing Chapman the night before for no reason.

First ... 27282930