slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Take the Cubs tomorrow boys

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see MLB is gonna do anything they can to get the Cubs a WS ring. NLCS Adrian Gonzalez out - clearly looks safe on replay, but it's not overturned. Tonight Lindor called safe at first, there was more evidence to overturn Gonzalez at the plate - yet this gets overturned and that didn't. Not to mention the Signing Cowboy Joe West taking away the zone for Tomlin early. Couldn't get the inside corner to leftys or his breaking balls called strikes and that was deadly. Cubs have literally gotten every close/questionable call all postseason, don't expect it to end now. MLB knows what they want and they get it.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25256

Can't wait to see the %'s tomorrow

trillz
    trillz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4470

can the cubs pull this off? Would make them the 6th team to come back from 3-1 in the World Series. I will probably make a small play, sit back and enjoy. Should be a hell of a game.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Underrrr

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

MLB pull this off and put Vegas out of businesss on those Cubs futures?

You think Kluber and a fully rested Miller & Allen are going to blow it at home tomorrow? Chapman has made over 100 pitches the last two days.
    Cubs bullpen has nobody after Chapman.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

This is probably the single best game to layoff that I've ever seen in my life. Every strength seems to cancel out. Indians have a fully rested pen and their ace going, Cubs bats are hot as hell right now. Inverse is true the other way. Cubs pen shot and Hendricks is worse away from Wrigley but the Indians haven't been hitting last several innings. Cubs have been seemingly getting all of the calls, breaks, replays to go their way in the postseason. Indians have home field advantage for whatever that's worth in MLB. I don't see any justifiable edge. Having said that, I'll likely talk myself into getting some action down on it, especially as first pitch approaches.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Not with the Indians pitcher... He's shutting it down

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Slambam baseball is not rigged man, the ump has far less influence compared to basketball or football

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

8-1 Indians FINAL

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Someone seems mad. I lost it all on game 3, but baseball is baseball. The Cubs bats are awakening. The umps won't have much of an impact. Kluber is out there, again, on short rest. Hendricks has been great.

Kipnis seems to be the only one who wants to hit for the Indians now. That's all she wrote. Cubs win. Finally.

slambam

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Someone seems mad. I lost it all on game 3, but baseball is baseball. The Cubs bats are awakening. The umps won't have much of an impact. Kluber is out there, again, on short rest. Hendricks has been great.

Kipnis seems to be the only one who wants to hit for the Indians now. That's all she wrote. Cubs win. Finally.
    Look at the close calls throughout the playoffs, and show me 1 not in the Cubs favor. Game 1 NLDS, 9th inning, awful check swing on a full count to the leadoff hitter in a 1 run game. Gonzalez in the NLCS. Strike zone in the WS - 51 wrong calls favor the Cubs, 40 favor the Indians. Doesn't sounds like a ton, but that's more than 25% difference, pretty significant. Just to name a few . The writing is on the wall. It's just how MLB wants it. I don't care about the Cubs bats. How many runs they put up game 2 before getting swept game 3? They'll get a bs walk or two, which will lead to a couple runs, while Hendricks gets 3 inches on each side of the plate and gets a W. Just watch.
    Last edited by slambam; 11-02-16 at 06:10 AM.

vinndy
    vinndy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3436

Game 7's are awesome to just watch and enjoy. I probably won't bet either, but good luck to all who do. My family is pulling for Chicago.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9870

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Look at the close calls throughout the playoffs, and show me 1 not in the Cubs favor. Game 1 NLDS, 9th inning, awful check swing on a full count to the leadoff hitter in a 1 run game. Gonzalez in the NLCS. Strike zone in the WS - 51 wrong calls favor the Cubs, 40 favor the Indians. Doesn't sounds like a ton, but that's more than 25% difference, pretty significant. Just to name a few . The writing is on the wall. It's just how MLB wants it. I don't care about the Cubs bats. How many runs they put up game 2 before getting swept game 3? They'll get a bs walk or two, which will lead to a couple runs, while Hendricks gets 3 inches on each side of the plate and gets a W. Just watch.
    If it was rigged for anything it was rigged to go 7. Of those 40 wrong calls, how many came in Kluber games? That guy gets a bigger strike zone than anyone I've seen. You have been burned this series and sorry for that - but I think if you ask any un-biased observer - I don't think thy would agree that the replays have biased Cubs. The Gonzalez one - it's not clear video evidence either way - whatever was called on field had to stand. The out yesterday was very clear - chapman was on bag before lindor.

I have made money on a few games but am also laying off this one. I literally haven't lost a World Series bet yet and don't see an edge here. Line is pickem and total is spot on for a game 7. Just don't bet this game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

entire board on Cubs

We all think alike

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post

You think Kluber and a fully rested Miller & Allen are going to blow it at home tomorrow? Chapman has made over 100 pitches the last two days.
    Over 100 pitches?

Math is not your strong suit eh

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

I think you meant the entire series (102 pitches) over the last 8 days.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    8-1 Indians FINAL
    You stupid fuckin mush

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Did you know George Halas named his football team the Bears because the Cubs are a baby bear, and he figured football players are bigger than baseball players so... yea

The funnest place to be tonight will not be Progressive Field... it will be the Cubby Bear Lounge at the corner of N Clark and W Addison

BaseballChaser
    BaseballChaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you believe in the MLB rigging it for the Cubs to get this far they'd want the Indians to win today so they can push the Cubs story next year and get a ton of viewers.

And to say there was more evidence on the Gonzalez play than the Lindor play is ridiculous. Chapmans foot clearly touches 1st before Lindor's it is 100% clear Chapman touched 1st before him.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I think you meant the entire series (102 pitches) over the last 8 days.
    I was slightly exaggerating, but he did toss 44 pitches in game 6, and his pitch count over his last 3 outings is a career high. His control in game 6 was suffering. If Maddon has to go to him tonight in a tight game Cubs could be in trouble.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I was slightly exaggerating, but he did toss 44 pitches in game 6, and his pitch count over his last 3 outings is a career high. His control in game 6 was suffering. If Maddon has to go to him tonight in a tight game Cubs could be in trouble.
    Maddon will definitely go to him tonight and it will probably be a close game. Hendricks/Lester/Chapman 5/2/2 is a rough guide. Indians haven't shown me that they can hit him.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    entire board on Cubs

We all think alike
    Has that ever been a good thing? Every time I see the entire board on the same side, it loses. Like Cavs/Warriors game 7. Me and Porkchop were the only 2 on the Cavs, whole board was on GSW. People were doing alternative spreads giving more points up to get GSW at +$$ saying it was a lock, lol.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

I have a bet on the Indians which means that the Cubs roll. I am thinking of betting both sides just to see if the game will go on in perpetuity.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Maddon will definitely go to him tonight and it will probably be a close game. Hendricks/Lester/Chapman 5/2/2 is a rough guide. Indians haven't shown me that they can hit him.
    If I was a Cubs fan, which I'm not, no way in hell I would want Lester in the game tonight unless he could start, which he can't. The dude can't hold anybody on. If this is a tight game tonight like the pundits are predicting a stolen base or two and a manufactured run could ultimately be the difference. Indians have all their studs lined up tonight too. They wanna go Klubot to Miller to Allen and dogpound. Francona to the HOF.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I have a bet on the Indians which means that the Cubs roll. I am thinking of betting both sides just to see if the game will go on in perpetuity.
    A futures bet or just a game 7?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    A futures bet or just a game 7?

just game 7

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Klub and Miller too much..

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

If I was a Cubs fan, which I'm not, no way in hell I would want Lester in the game tonight unless he could start, which he can't. The dude can't hold anybody on. If this is a tight game tonight like the pundits are predicting a stolen base or two and a manufactured run could ultimately be the difference. Indians have all their studs lined up tonight too. They wanna go Klubot to Miller to Allen and dogpound. Francona to the HOF.
    You would bring him in to start... an inning, ideally against non-running type hitters. If the wrong guy gets on, you could get another arm if that makes sense. Bigger concern would be the fact that Contreras is starting. If you go to Lester in the 6th, do you take Contreras out for Ross along with him? I imagine the answer is yes. The running thing is overrated anyway. Somehow through he's managed to be a Cy Young candidate and has dominated in the playoffs.

habitualwinning

^^ Didn't Davis swipe 2nd and 3rd off Lester in one of the games or did I misremember that? I'm pretty sure Lindor swiped a bag off him too but I could be wrong.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9870

^^ Didn't Davis swipe 2nd and 3rd off Lester in one of the games or did I misremember that? I'm pretty sure Lindor swiped a bag off him too but I could be wrong.
    That happened. Lester says if they don't get on they can't steal

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Cubs trying to end the game early....

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Easy winner

slambam

Kluber doesn't get the inside corner he's gotten all series, then leaves one over the plate. Surprised? Nah

vinndy
    vinndy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3436

You called this first I think. Congrats.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Guys I hate to break it to you but I bet both sides because I have some roll over. This game may never end.