DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Now I understand Myra was probably the driving force behind most of this, but think Bob is at least doing his fair share.

Examples of how the Kraft family has given back can be seen through the work of the Kraft Family Foundation, the New England Patriots and New England Revolution charitable foundations and the Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership. Some highlights of the family’s philanthropic outreach and projects include:

• The Kraft Center for Community Health emphasizes an academic-community partnership that helps develop the careers of physicians and nurses from throughout the country who are committed to improving the health of our communities.
    • Kraft family gifts to Partners HealthCare establishes a permanent endowment to recruit, train and retain future leaders in the community health center system. The gifts, now totaling $20 million, will endow the Kraft Family National Center for Leadership and Training in Community Health.
    • The Kraft Family Blood Lab at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has become one of the largest blood platelet collection centers and leading research facilities in the world in the pursuit of a cure for cancer. Robert Kraft established the blood donor center as part of his commitment to ensuring high-quality health care can be accessed in our communities.
    • The Kraft Center at Columbia/Barnard Hillel houses all aspects of Jewish life and is home to a wide range of social, cultural, religious and educational activities.
    • Myra and Robert Kraft Chair in Christian Studies at Brandeis University endows an academic position to foster interfaith relations and dialogue.
    • Myra and Robert Kraft Chair in Judaic Studies and Program for Jewish-Christian Understanding at Holy Cross endows an academic position to deepen the understanding of Judaism, Jewish life around the world and Jewish-Christian relations.
    • Robert Kraft’s grant program established in 2014 supports New England grassroots nonprofits through surprise gifts of $100,000.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Good for the Browns, they will get a quality defensive player to step right in and will get their first win vs the Cowboys.

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

pats are cheapos. Doesnt matter with brady and belichek tho

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

100% all myra's doing. tax writeoff for all that anyway. of course bob went along with it as to not rock the gravy train moneyboat he conveniently married into. i'll bet the charitable donations have dwindled or are on the back burner now that she's no longer around.

ReconSnarff
    ReconSnarff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2259

This is some comedy.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Why is this thread about Kraft?? This is all about Belichick. He knows when a guy is playing for a championship and when they are playing for money! Look at all of these deals, richard seymour to the Raiders, Wilfork to Houston and now Collins to Cleveland.

Collins was saying he is on par with Von Miller and wanted to be paid as such. Bill did not value you him as such and got something back for him.

He does this every time- it should not be a shock!

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    Why is this thread about Kraft?? This is all about Belichick. He knows when a guy is playing for a championship and when they are playing for money! Look at all of these deals, richard seymour to the Raiders, Wilfork to Houston and now Collins to Cleveland.

Collins was saying he is on par with Von Miller and wanted to be paid as such. Bill did not value you him as such and got something back for him.

He does this every time- it should not be a shock!
    Sox fan has this right. Has nothing to do with "cheap," gimme a break, Pats spend to the limit just like everyone, it's the NFL. Not about being cheap, it's about being SMART for the betterment of the ENTIRE TEAM!

Yeah, it seems crazy to us from the outside, like Wow, this guy is good and we dealt him for a third-rounder? What a dumb move! Yeah, right, except that pretty much EVERY move Belichick decides to make works out!! Who the hell are we, we're dumb-ass fans who aren't at practice and aren't breaking down game film, unless you happen to work for Pro Football Focus.

Anyway, the bottom line is that he is a good player, but his performance (based on what Bill looks for) isn't up to the kind of money he's going to want, so the Pats will fill the spot with other guys who will do well ENOUGH in that role and pay the guys who bring it 100% and study hard and love football and don't miss assignments or take plays off. They LOVE Hightower, who has become a leader -- HE will get paid. Butler will probably get paid. Collins was deemed expendable so he's gone. The only part I don't get is why it had to be mid-season. Why not let him go after the season? The pick at the end of the 3rd next year seems pretty forgettable to me.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9566

Why would Cleveland ship a 3rd rounder when they are 0-8 and unlikely to sign him past the final 8 games? Makes no sense.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

[QUOTE=DOM-Ganador;26488862]
    Now I understand Myra was probably the driving force behind most of this, but think Bob is at least doing his fair share.

Examples of how the Kraft family has given back can be seen through the work of the Kraft Family Foundation, the New England Patriots and New England Revolution charitable foundations and the Kraft Center for Community Health Leadership. Some highlights of the family’s philanthropic outreach and projects include:

• The Kraft Center for Community Health emphasizes an academic-community partnership that helps develop the careers of physicians and nurses from throughout the country who are committed to improving the health of our communities.
    • Kraft family gifts to Partners HealthCare establishes a permanent endowment to recruit, train and retain future leaders in the community health center system. The gifts, now totaling $20 million, will endow the Kraft Family National Center for Leadership and Training in Community Health.
    • The Kraft Family Blood Lab at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute has become one of the largest blood platelet collection centers and leading research facilities in the world in the pursuit of a cure for cancer. Robert Kraft established the blood donor center as part of his commitment to ensuring high-quality health care can be accessed in our communities.
    • The Kraft Center at Columbia/Barnard Hillel houses all aspects of Jewish life and is home to a wide range of social, cultural, religious and educational activities.
    • Myra and Robert Kraft Chair in Christian Studies at Brandeis University endows an academic position to foster interfaith relations and dialogue.
    • Myra and Robert Kraft Chair in Judaic Studies and Program for Jewish-Christian Understanding at Holy Cross endows an academic position to deepen the understanding of Judaism, Jewish life around the world and Jewish-Christian relations.
    • Robert Kraft’s grant program established in 2014 supports New England grassroots nonprofits through surprise gifts of $100,000.

Jew donations...hmmmm yep that bunch needs the help! typical Jew move!

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15066

I just can't believe the Pats found somebody to give them a high pick like that. NEVER take a former Patriot. The success rate is like 1 in 20, and Cleveland is still dumb enough to not know this. They're all system players (a system that cheats badly IMO, but we can't prove it from here), whose abilities are inflated because of the system. My dipshit ass has known this for a decade now, but a pro organization is still making these same mistakes??

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

So Browns +7.5 this weekend it is.

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I just can't believe the Pats found somebody to give them a high pick like that. NEVER take a former Patriot. The success rate is like 1 in 20, and Cleveland is still dumb enough to not know this. They're all system players (a system that cheats badly IMO, but we can't prove it from here), whose abilities are inflated because of the system. My dipshit ass has known this for a decade now, but a pro organization is still making these same mistakes??
    If it is just a system, how come all 32 teams aren`t copying exactly what the do? More Asst./Coordinators than I can count have been poached from the Pats over the last 15 years. They obviously knew the system.

Romeo, Charlie, Mangenius and lets not forget McDaniels crash and burn in Denver.

Scott Pioli, huge part of the 2000`s as per all reprots, now big cheese w/Falcons.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Something had to happen. He is 27 and one of the best defensive players in the game. Teams would have given them a lot more if they shopped him around. A 3rd round pick for him is a joke. Something not right. He is way better than Hightower and younger.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Something had to happen. He is 27 and one of the best defensive players in the game. Teams would have given them a lot more if they shopped him around. A 3rd round pick for him is a joke. Something not right. He is way better than Hightower and younger.
    he's so good that they didn't want to face him lets say vs denver in the title game. cleveland may pay him what he wants. winning the superbowl is meaningless compared to getting the right contract. these guys will play anywhere as long as they're getting paid. NE wasn't interested in using up cap space for him. only 1 team out of 32 can win it so these guys are 95% in it for the contract and 5% maybe would take a home town discount so they could "win". winning more important to the fans than the players and yet the fans get nothing but 5 minutes of euphoria if their "favorite" team wins. go figure.
    Last edited by unusialsusp5; 11-01-16 at 02:45 PM. Reason: winning is great but.....

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I get that they weren't going to pay him next year, but if they knew that they could have shopped him earlier and got more. He is worth way more than what they got. That makes me believe something else was going on.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    I get that they weren't going to pay him next year, but if they knew that they could have shopped him earlier and got more. He is worth way more than what they got. That makes me believe something else was going on.
    A friend told me he was a "disturbance" in the locker room and in general. Take that as you will.

I also heard (from same friend) that Chandler Jones was "lit up like the Rockefeller Christmas Tree" and walked into a police station without his shoes. This just prior to his dismissal.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    A friend told me he was a "disturbance" in the locker room and in general. Take that as you will.

I also heard (from same friend) that Chandler Jones was "lit up like the Rockefeller Christmas Tree" and walked into a police station without his shoes. This just prior to his dismissal.
    Lol, this part isn't a secret, it was news in these parts. Was gonzo on synthetic weed or some such thing. Off his rocker from partying with scary sh-t, lol. Walked right into a police station, was probably scared shitless from the paranoia.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    If it is just a system, how come all 32 teams aren`t copying exactly what the do? More Asst./Coordinators than I can count have been poached from the Pats over the last 15 years. They obviously knew the system.

Romeo, Charlie, Mangenius and lets not forget McDaniels crash and burn in Denver.

Scott Pioli, huge part of the 2000`s as per all reprots, now big cheese w/Falcons.
    What you just said makes me think more and more it's a cheating thing. You're right, the coordinators usually flame out too. So NE is winning all of these games with sub par player talent and coaching talent. They've been sited before for F-ing with the opposing coach's headphones, Brady always knows where the blitz is coming, it just adds up for me. Dunno what else to say.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    What you just said makes me think more and more it's a cheating thing. You're right, the coordinators usually flame out too. So NE is winning all of these games with sub par player talent and coaching talent. They've been sited before for F-ing with the opposing coach's headphones, Brady always knows where the blitz is coming, it just adds up for me. Dunno what else to say.
    Wow, Ralphie, I thought you were one of the smart ones on here. Where did this post come from?

Pats have the greatest coach and greatest QB of all time. You think they have to cheat?? Brady knows where the blitz is coming from because he WORKS LIKE AN ANIMAL and always has! Guy comes in before everyone, watches film nonstop, perfects his mechanics, makes his receivers catch a zillion balls until they know exactly where to go, etc. I hate the easy "they must cheat" talk -- it so diminishes all the incredible work that these guys put in to be so consistently good.

That's also BS about headphones, headphones and other electronics work lousy in a bunch of stadiums, not just Foxborough. Plus it's so conspiracy-theory. Pats have never done half of what people think they must do. They're just f'n smarter and work harder. And they have continuity, which a lot of teams don't have. And they know exactly what type of players they need to fit their offensive and defensive schemes. Which brings us back to the Collins thing -- just wasn't fitting into what they do enough to be worth a massive paycheck.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Obviously, Pats organization is notoriously tight lipped.
    Absolutely nothing came out about him being any problem in the locker room.

Was his contract up? Why middle of season?

Seems he might have been worth more than a 3rd rounder to someone?
    the pats didnt need him anyway. with or without him they are still going to make playoffs and quite possibly make a superbowl appearance lol billicheck is heartless. he didnt think twice about it. the saying "next man up" im sure was created in foxboro lol they'll have no problem finding someone else and molding him into a beast..

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
    Wow, Ralphie, I thought you were one of the smart ones on here. Where did this post come from?

Pats have the greatest coach and greatest QB of all time. You think they have to cheat?? Brady knows where the blitz is coming from because he WORKS LIKE AN ANIMAL and always has! Guy comes in before everyone, watches film nonstop, perfects his mechanics, makes his receivers catch a zillion balls until they know exactly where to go, etc. I hate the easy "they must cheat" talk -- it so diminishes all the incredible work that these guys put in to be so consistently good.

That's also BS about headphones, headphones and other electronics work lousy in a bunch of stadiums, not just Foxborough. Plus it's so conspiracy-theory. Pats have never done half of what people think they must do. They're just f'n smarter and work harder. And they have continuity, which a lot of teams don't have. And they know exactly what type of players they need to fit their offensive and defensive schemes. Which brings us back to the Collins thing -- just wasn't fitting into what they do enough to be worth a massive paycheck.
    I think you're smart too!
    Too many things about them over the years are just too coincidental, that's all. Looking at it from a distance.

So every player they plug into a coach or players spot primarily fails everywhere else they go, and doesn't take any of the secrets of the formula with them to the other teams?

"Correct. The Patriots just work really hard and have good chemistry".

Yeah, no.

I'm sure they work very hard, but it would have to be like 10X harder than everyone else to achieve that result with inferior talent, which is not possible. Also, at some point somebody would catch up to their scheme, as is always the case for the last century, but 15 years and nothing yet? And I'm not buying that knowing where and WHEN teams blitz too, as Brady just always seems to guess right on, is a byproduct of "hard work" either.

It's like when they outed that superuser at UltimateBet by charting out his hands and finding that his wins were so disproportionate to everyone else's, something had to be up. No one poker player is THAT much better than the rest of the field. At the NFL level, no one player/team is THAT much better than the rest of the field, especially not for this long.

I know for NE fans, it's gotta suck getting all of these cheating accusations thrown your way every year, that's no fun. But I also think there will be a big expose one of these days long after everyone's retired. JMHO

DOM-Ganador

Ralphie, I appreciate you having a somewhat balanced opinion.

Comparing a computer generated game being hacks to the NFL is silly though

Spygate. No question they did it, did it well, knew they were breaking the rules. Also 100% fact many other teams were doing the same thing, only without the attention to detail the Pats incorporated. Many teams also have been on record stating they went through seasons without changing signals. They got caught. Paid their fine, lost the pick, and what do you know.....since then, all they have done is continue to win.

Deflategate. Hows Tom doing with those fully inflated balls? Yup, they are really fukkin` up his game. Now all they do is fumble every time the RB`s take a hit. MUST have been those marshmellow balls.

NOT 1 QB, past or present came out and said this would have any significant impact of his play. Some did say they liked them at the top of the range.

As a Patriots fan, it gets exhausting, people day after day bringing up these issues. Was 4 games not enough for this infraction (never fully proved, but I admit they were messing with the balls) when you can smack you GF/Wife around and get less?

The are the best organization in all professional sports, proven by record, over the last 15 years.
    Spurs get an honorable mention.

First 12