JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

What's the dorm life as a University student?

I never stayed in a dorm when I use to go to college. I see a lot of movies of college students, frat houses, etc. When I think about it, it seems like a cool 4 year camp life. I know a few guys in here can give us stories. So I invite SammyInCharge as well.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Getting wasted watching side by side 50" TVs with a cable splitter(can't do that) (takes up half your dorm----our room was very popular)

Using the pizza pizaz to cook pizzas and shit(can't do that)

Very hot in the summer

Window open in winter

Nerds playing MAGIC the GATHERING in the study room for 24 hours straight

trying to talk to your RA hammered

not knowing most kids you don't give a fukk about name

taking shots with the door open on a dry campus

lots of fun tbh

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I stayed in a form my freshmen year at OkSt

It was ok, but is variable due to roommates, might have a good one or a terrible one

Nothing is private, community shitters and showers, roommate might walk in on you fukking his girl, Great way to meet people, Generally loud

I moved out as soon as I could and am glad I did, it was fun but got old fast

KickShootThrow
    Make SBR Sharp Again!
    KickShootThrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

I was in a Sorority. I don't know much about the dorms; heard it wasn't the best way to meet people.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

its garbage you will want out after one semester if you are a normal person

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    its garbage you will want out after one semester if you are a normal person
    i moved out year after to a house with 4 ppl, big house, nice place for parties

KickShootThrow
    Make SBR Sharp Again!

Parties are overrated. Grab-a-dates are fun.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KickShootThrow View Post
    Parties are overrated. Grab-a-dates are fun.

if you like fun and pussy parties are not overrated

if you like talking to bald fukks with 200k posts on an internet forum , then go for whatever a grab a date is
    Points Awarded:

DOM_Toretto gave kidcudi92 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KickShootThrow
    Make SBR Sharp Again!

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    if you like fun and pussy parties are not overrated

if you like talking to bald fukks with 200k posts on an internet forum , then go for whatever a grab a date is
    Lolololol.

KickShootThrow
    Make SBR Sharp Again!

JJ is a very sweet guy. Not like lots of the douchebag frat boys that just want to get in your pants.

CWD
    Update your status

i moved out year after to a house with 4 ppl, big house, nice place for parties
    and then you miss it when you leave

prob best to stay for 2 years if you can

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KickShootThrow View Post
    JJ is a very sweet guy. Not like lots of the douchebag frat boys that just want to get in your pants.
    yeah cause when random girls start grinding on you making out and shit, I'm sure they dont want the dick, just some kisses

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

and then you miss it when you leave

prob best to stay for 2 years if you can
    in the dorms??? 2 years?

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Campus apartment living is way better than dorm living. I lived in dorms 1 year. One room 3 guys and then we shared one bathroom with 2 other guys living on the other side. The only good part about dorms is the food (if your dorm had good food). We had basically a buffet 24/7 where I lived.

I didn't know any of the guys before I moved in, and I never kept up with them after I left. So your dorm experience could be real shitty if you get stuck with roommates you hate. I was stuck with 2 Jews (who were pretty normal studiers), 1 stoner/skateboarding/piercing guy, and then another dude that ended up getting kicked out of the college for cheating.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Campus apartment living is way better than dorm living. I lived in dorms 1 year. One room 3 guys and then we shared one bathroom with 2 other guys living on the other side. The only good part about dorms is the food (if your dorm had good food). We had basically a buffet 24/7 where I lived.

I didn't know any of the guys before I moved in, and I never kept up with them after I left. So your dorm experience could be real shitty if you get stuck with roommates you hate. I was stuck with 2 Jews (who were pretty normal studiers), 1 stoner/skateboarding/piercing guy, and then another dude that ended up getting kicked out of the college for cheating.
    i roomed with my friend who i am going to be best man for

having 12 ppl in a jail cell sized room all hammered , good times

CWD
    Update your status

in the dorms??? 2 years?
    if you can stand it, easier to stay on track

either way isnt great roommates always go bad

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

if you can stand it, easier to stay on track

either way isnt great roommates always go bad
    i roomed with my best friend(which ppl usually say is bad) but that went good

then the house had no problems

so prolly just got lucky good group of dudes

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I stayed in a form my freshmen year at OkSt

It was ok, but is variable due to roommates, might have a good one or a terrible one

Nothing is private, community shitters and showers, roommate might walk in on you fukking his girl, Great way to meet people, Generally loud

I moved out as soon as I could and am glad I did, it was fun but got old fast
    That was my experience at state college (minus the roommate walking in on me, LOL). Mostly noisy but some of the noise was good (music, parties), kind of hard to study so I had to go to the library to study.

I went to a private college in my soph year and it had better facilities, a shower/shitter between 2 rooms that 4 people shared. It was a lot quieter and easier to get to know people because it was a small college.

In my senior year I hated it because I wanted to live off campus but the college had rules everyone had to live in the dorm because it was a small college.

CWD
    Update your status

i roomed with my best friend(which ppl usually say is bad) but that went good

then the house had no problems

so prolly just got lucky good group of dudes
    youre lucky if you never had to pull a midnight "move"

no fun

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mobile how've old are you??

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

youre lucky if you never had to pull a midnight "move"

no fun
    yeah in the house we had 2 rooms street level then 2 basement, nice kitchen, living room, huge basement, huge backyard(for a college house), 2 washers and dryers, 2 full baths

$300 a month then $400 after utilities not bad

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Lived in dorms for one semester. Was a lot of fun, got to know all sorts of different people.

Dry campus however, no parties and not a lot of that girl-two-doors-over banging for that reason. Got better once I moved into the frat house. Also on campus, but I think the campus cops just gave up on enforcing anything there, since the frats were all bunched up together, it was a lot like Hamsterdam so long as nobody went completely overboard or fought a lot.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Lived in dorms for one semester. Was a lot of fun, got to know all sorts of different people.

Dry campus however, no parties and not a lot of that girl-two-doors-over banging for that reason. Got better once I moved into the frat house. Also on campus, but I think the campus cops just gave up on enforcing anything there, since the frats were all bunched up together, it was a lot like Hamsterdam so long as nobody went completely overboard or fought a lot.
    Yeah we would have groups doing shots in our dorm probably like i said earlier 12 or so it was a dry campus as well

but fukk it, had to pregame somewhere

all you got was a warning anyways the first time and a meeting with the residential manager for your whole dorm

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    That was my experience at state college (minus the roommate walking in on me, LOL). Mostly noisy but some of the noise was good (music, parties), kind of hard to study so I had to go to the library to study.

I went to a private college in my soph year and it had better facilities, a shower/shitter between 2 rooms that 4 people shared. It was a lot quieter and easier to get to know people because it was a small college.

In my senior year I hated it because I wanted to live off campus but the college had rules everyone had to live in the dorm because it was a small college.
    I went to Illinois and the rule there was every freshman had to live in a dorm. But after freshman year you could pick to live in an apt either on campus or off. Some upperclassmen would stay in dorms even after freshman year but most didn't. It was actually cheaper to live in apt than the dorms.

I think dorm life is all luck (especially if you don't know anyone beforehand). If you get placed with good roommates, it's great. If you don't, it's going to be a drag. Sort of like living with strangers. That was my experience. I didn't dislike my roommates, I just didn't have much in common with them. It was easier to get better grades living in the dorm tho bc a small cramped dorm room makes you want to leave it and go to the library or wherever. When I was living in comfy apt, in my own room and own shower - it's easy to sleep in and miss class.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

I went to Illinois and the rule there was every freshman had to live in a dorm. But after freshman year you could pick to live in an apt either on campus or off. Some upperclassmen would stay in dorms even after freshman year but most didn't. It was actually cheaper to live in apt than the dorms.

I think dorm life is all luck (especially if you don't know anyone beforehand). If you get placed with good roommates, it's great. If you don't, it's going to be a drag. Sort of like living with strangers. That was my experience. I didn't dislike my roommates, I just didn't have much in common with them. It was easier to get better grades living in the dorm tho bc a small cramped dorm room makes you want to leave it and go to the library or wherever. When I was living in comfy apt, in my own room and own shower - it's easy to sleep in and miss class.
    exact same at ball state

we could choose houses as well tho

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mobile how've old are you??
    Just about passing my mid 20's, pal.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ok thanks

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I got along real well with my roommates because the college tried to pair up people with the same major. Seemed to work well for everyone on my floor of the dorm too.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Anyone here over 60?

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

why are all these people wasting their time and money to go to college. most won't graduate or degree will be worthless anyway. everyone cheats their way through for the most part. some hardly ever go to class. girls end up as waitresses at starbucks if they can't snare a husband that comes from money. guys end up who knows doing what.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Dorms are for freshman....good at getting laid, fun meeting people, convient. Tough to drink smoke have sex without being sneaky etc

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Studying and sex

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    why are all these people wasting their time and money to go to college. most won't graduate or degree will be worthless anyway. everyone cheats their way through for the most part. some hardly ever go to class. girls end up as waitresses at starbucks if they can't snare a husband that comes from money. guys end up who knows doing what.

College best time of my life guy. Dont hate what you dont know. Speak for yourself

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Studying and sex
    Tony, how many girls did you bang out in college dorms?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle View Post
    College best time of my life guy. Dont hate what you dont know. Speak for yourself
    yeah he's a jerkoff

123 Last