Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Houston Coach Tom Herman Losing Millions

How many millions is Tom Herman losing right now? Am I overreacting or do these two losses hurt his resume considerably? At the end of the day, he will still have double digits win.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

It doesn't lose much. Once navy won Houston pretty much lost hope for winning their conference and you can see it in the players, plus everyone knows Herman will leave now because they didn't get into the big12. It's just Houston going back to nothing

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

Wow just saw the scoreline. Team got raped by effing SMU. Losing respect for him. Maybe he should stop kissing his players and start coaching better.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Houston's play calling was horrible. It wasn't really SMU's defense.

Houston called the same formations.... and plays majority of the game.

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...on-smu-rivalry

He is a douchebag.

Also stomped on their jerseys.

Likes to kiss his players too as well: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/sp...ture.html?_r=0

Seems to be a weirdo who has only beat an overrated Bob stoops team and an unmotivated FSU. Looking more and more like a fraud

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He's not a good coach at all

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

If this team doesn't regain its focus soon, they are going to be totally manhandled by Louisville. Probably will happen anyway, at this point.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Hes a fraud

Navy beat him (he was favored by 18)

Next week Tulsa was 1 yard from beating him (he was favored by 21)

This week he was favored by 21 and LOST again lol

Guy aint anything to write home about. People sucked his dickk because he beat a trash Oklahoma team

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

After he accepted the high-profile gig, the 42-year-old placed his Houston-area home on the market. According to public records, he soon sold the property for between $1.6 million and $1.8 million.

The coach also recently purchased a brand-new home in Austin for $6 million, according to the Austin Business Journal, which called it “a beauty.”

The 10,000-square-foot mansion is part of a 75-acre gated community called Scenic View in the Westlake area of the capital city. The private neighborhood has a green belt and “spectacular views of downtown Austin.”

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

what a world, when the highest paid public employees in every state are football or basketball coaches

players get nothing and coaches that do nothing but boss them around get huge mansions

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

How do you know players get nothing?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If you really believe that players get nothing, you have a major problem.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Who needs 6 million dollars of house unless it's on the beach?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Who needs 6 million dollars of house unless it's on the beach?
    Ask folks in NY.

Would you rather have beach access or lake access? I really don't care for the murky, cold, Pacific Ocean, I can't stand the dirty Gulf of Mexico water and you really have to go down south to the keys to find beautiful Atlantic beach water. There's some real nice lakes around the country though. Lake Travis in Austin has some killer views. Some of the best you'll find in Texas and it really rivals California. I'd love to own a lot and one day build there.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

He lives in Austin, not NYC. Even if NYC, thats a lot of house. You could live with 6 people and not see them for months.

give me the gulf around destin/St George/PCB

just my preference

Mac4Lyfe

He lives in Austin, not NYC. Even if NYC, thats a lot of house. You could live with 6 people and not see them for months.
    give me the gulf around destin/St George/PCB
    just my preference
    What I meant to say is that $6 million is not a lot for a nice house in Manhattan. Hell the average apartment in Manhattan is over $2 million. Please show me a home in Manhattan where you could not see your spouse in months?

Then I showed pictures of Austin, where some of the views easily rival what you will find anywhere around the country. Destin? St George? PCB? Are you serious? BORING. Too many old people. Plus the Gulf of Mexico is horrible beach front. Zero views that look more like carnival, cheesy vacations. If you want that, you are better off in the keys or Miami beach. That gets old in a few weeks.

There's a ton of $5 million plus homes in Houston and Austin and they are nowhere near the beach. Me personally, I'd prefer a lake because the best beaches are too out of the way. Might as well own property in the Caribbean.

Mac4Lyfe

I was in Clemson, SC last month and there's some killer lake views in that area as well. North Carolina has a bunch too.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Then I showed pictures of Austin, where some of the views easily rival what you will find anywhere around the country. Destin? St George? PCB? Are you serious? BORING. Too many old people. Plus the Gulf of Mexico is horrible beach front. Zero views that look more like carnival, cheesy vacations. If you want that, you are better off in the keys or Miami beach. That gets old in a few weeks.
    I don't want people on my beach Mac. I stay away from PCB but love St George. Water is still clear most times of the year
    Last edited by daneblazer; 09-22-17 at 05:56 PM.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't want people on my beach Mac. I stay away from PCB but love St George. Water is still clear most times of the year
    Too far away for my taste and too flat. You feel like you're not even in the US. What's the nearest airport? Tallahassee (which isn't even a major hub). Nearest Walmart? Crawfordville? Costco? probably Tallahassee. Who the hell wants to drive a couple hours just to go shopping? We use to drive out there a few times a year in college from UF going to PCB. Horrible drive. I'd much rather live on the East coast, where it's a lot more crowded but at least you have city life. If I want more out of the way, I'd go to the Keys. I can at least take a boat to the Bahamas islands nearby. The only real salt water beaches that is somewhat like the islands are parts of South Florida. Lakes are a great compromise. Convenient, great views and can be in a city.

I lived on the beach in LA. I loved it. The weather was always perfect in Southern Cal. I could adjust the temperature of my house based on how many windows I'd open or close. The sounds of the ocean waves really put you in a deep sleep. But the Pacific ocean is horrible to swim in. Cold, dark, dangerous rip tides. The salt did havoc on your cars. I never, ever went fishing in the Pacific and would rent a boat way down in Newport beach to get away from the crowds. I could never launch a boat or jetski from my house. I'd have to rent a slip in the overcrowded marina. You paid for the view but you really don't spend a lot of time on the water.

My retirement home is going to be on a lake in a city like Austin or an island in the Caribbean.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If you really believe that players get nothing, you have a major problem.
    in relation to the coach, yes they pretty much get nothing

unless you can find me some college football players that never went pro and live in $6 million houses