Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Need a lifestyle change..could use some input please

Hello SBR crew.

Do you guys ever experience this. As a sports bettor you probably like to live around it, talk about it and be part of it.

Where I am, there's no one who want's to talk about vig, ATS records, percentages, ROIs and stuff like that.

In my neighborhood my friends have a know-it-all attitude about sports betting. Constant friction, can't even convince them of the 4.55% vig on 11 to 10 bets (they stubbornly insist vig is 10%).

To get to the point. Even though we have Vegas in our rooms these days, as a sports bettor who's passionate about his thing, would Vegas be a place where a sports bettor would "feel at home". (even though not necessarily using vegas books)

Would about $100,000 be enough to procure a small condo-type place, maybe a bus ride to the strip.

Know its extremely hot in the summer, but I heard its dry heat. The thought of goin to books, meeting new people, and living in a sports betting atmosphere is something I'm thinking about.

This subject has probably been broached in this forum before; but I was looking from some advice from the many qualified posters I see at this forum. Thanks.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11851

Vegas is a shit hole.. It's a dry flat desert..

Only move to Vegas if online betting can't support your wager amounts anymore and you're really good at sports gambling, that's about the only way I'd get dragged out there.. Even with that I would still try to avoid the move...

Might be fun for a month or 2, rents are cheap also compared to major cities.... Move away from the strip in a nice little community a few miles out would help also..

I think JJ the moderator tried it and came running back home in what 6 months? He was looking for roommates and stuff on SBR if I remember correctly.. Disaster in the making is what I saw with that.......

Maybe JJ can chime in if he reads this thread???

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

I wouldnt move there to feel at home gambling. These days online is more than enough to be professional if you are trying to go that route. Only go to vegas to retire and chill....m

I think you need to ask yourself do you want to make money or enjoy what vegas has to offer. Entirely seperate things.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Vegas is a shit hole.. It's a dry flat desert..

Only move to Vegas if online betting can't support your wager amounts anymore and you're really good at sports gambling, that's about the only way I'd get dragged out there.. Even with that I would still try to avoid the move...

Might be fun for a month or 2, rents are cheap also compared to major cities.... Move away from the strip in a nice little community a few miles out would help also..

I think JJ the moderator tried it and came running back home in what 6 months? He was looking for roommates and stuff on SBR if I remember correctly.. Disaster in the making is what I saw with that.......

Maybe JJ can chime in if he reads this thread???
    Thanks for your input. It isn't the wagering amounts I was thinking. Mine are moderate and I can hit about 55% in the 11 to 10 world.

I would stay on the A+ online books and probably not even bet at Strip Books.

I guess its the sports betting environment that I was thinking. Its hard to describe. The talk, the wide screen games at the books (maybe I'd open a small account at one of the strip books so as to be able to enter and watch).

Could be just a fanciful idea as your description of a shit hole hits base.

Bankers live in Greenwich, insurance agents in Hartford, ect. Thought as a sports bettor Vegas might be good.

Thanks much for your input!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Vegas is a fukkin dump

Low class
    Poor City
    Tons of addicts
    Tons of crime
    Drunks, Pimps
    Most jobs pay $9-$14 an hr

When there is tons of housing for $300-$600 a month that is 3rd world pricing

Books loaded with bums betting $2 parlays

You will not be going to books like you think, most have betting apps anyway and most just copy pinnacle lines 24 hrs a day 7 days a week or stay near their numbers

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

Great to visit a couple times a year, but to live there is questionable.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Vegas is a fukkin dump

Low class
    Poor City
    Tons of addicts
    Tons of crime
    Drunks, Pimps
    Most jobs pay $9-$14 an hr

When there is tons of housing for $300-$600 a month that is 3rd world pricing

Books loaded with bums betting $2 parlays

You will not be going to books like you think, most have betting apps anyway and most just copy pinnacle lines 24 hrs a day 7 days a week or stay near their numbers
    Ahh! That's not the picture I envisioned. Well, from your post and the previous, I'm leaning to stayin put and being satisfied with the online sports betting life.

Thanks very much!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I know the City inside and out

Do not live here it is depressing, bums even in nice areas in shopping centers, lights, ect

So many drug addicts you need to be careful of robbery

It is a great City if you like to party and are a trashy type person

Never forget screwballs from all over the world move here

Poor people from Calif pouring in a ruining it even more

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle View Post
    I wouldnt move there to feel at home gambling. These days online is more than enough to be professional if you are trying to go that route. Only go to vegas to retire and chill....m

I think you need to ask yourself do you want to make money or enjoy what vegas has to offer. Entirely seperate things.
    I'm retired and don't depend on sports betting for income. I have a small pension and am happy living modestly. I was going to not even use vegas books and keep doing what I'm doing online (small winnings). 55% average.

I envisioned being in an atmosphere where a lot of people are "in the life" so to speak, but I'm getting the idea that I had the wrong idea.

Guess I might move, but not to vegas. Tired of running into people who will discuss the weather, racism, and things like 2.5 men and "how I met your mother) ...lol......thanks for the input.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I know the City inside and out

Do not live here it is depressing, bums even in nice areas in shopping centers, lights, ect

So many drug addicts you need to be careful of robbery

It is a great City if you like to party and are a trashy type person

Never forget screwballs from all over the world move here

Poor people from Calif pouring in a ruining it even more
    I'm glad I talked to you first. Thanks much.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

Vegas is a shit hole.... the rent is crazy high , race wars , crime and illegals, no jobs ..so keep voting for the democrats so it can come to your town as well

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    Vegas is a shit hole.... the rent is crazy high , race wars , crime and illegals, no jobs ..so keep voting for the democrats so it can come to your town as well
    I'm voting for Trump, but I not get the picture about Vegas. Thanks for input!

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    I'm voting for Trump, but I now get the picture about Vegas. Thanks for input!
    now get the picture

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Screw these haters.

Vegas would totally rock all year.

I'd be livin from the cabana daily.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I would totally do it, but just don't buy a place out here.

There are dumpy parts, and really nice parts, just like any other city. Some people only know of the dumpy parts, because that's where they are meant to go, and they think the whole city is that way. I hear a lot of things about a lot of places. Then I actually get up off my ass and travel there, only to find that it's usually the opposite.

A lot of sports bettors here are derelicts though. If you know how to spot them and separate them from the solid folks, you'll have no problem. Being around your element is the nuts.

Roscoe_Word

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I would totally do it, but just don't buy a place out here.

There are dumpy parts, and really nice parts, just like any other city. Some people only know of the dumpy parts, because that's where they are meant to go, and they think the whole city is that way. I hear a lot of things about a lot of places. Then I actually get up off my ass and travel there, only to find that it's usually the opposite.

A lot of sports bettors here are derelicts though. If you know how to spot them and separate them from the solid folks, you'll have no problem. Being around your element is the nuts.
    Thanks for the input, RH!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

If you like the stink of desperation Vefas is totally for you.