t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

The Cubbies have their hands full here. They've been on cruise control for a month and were fortunate to get a washed up Giants squad in the NLDS. The Dodgers have quietly gone about their business and been arguably the best team in baseball over the past 2-3 months.

The Dodgers blend of youth and pitching has given them their best chance at a pennant during this 5 year run.

I don't trust Arrieta here in Gm 3. He's lost the form that made him practically unhittable a year ago. He's still good and can be great in flashes, but his control problems are a major issue and he really has trouble getting deep into games.

The Dodgers will carry the momentum from a huge win on the road in Game 2. I really like their chances in this series. I'm more likely to take the rest of this series game by game rather than the series price although I am tempted.

LA has the winning formula boys. Strong pitching, the best closer in baseball, and enough hitting.

AngryMale
    AngryMale's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I can see Dodgers maybe winning the series but Arrietta is unfadable. I'll never bet against that guy.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    The Cubbies have their hands full here. They've been on cruise control for a month and were fortunate to get a washed up Giants squad in the NLDS. The Dodgers have quietly gone about their business and been arguably the best team in baseball over the past 2-3 months.

The Dodgers blend of youth and pitching has given them their best chance at a pennant during this 5 year run.

I don't trust Arrieta here in Gm 3. He's lost the form that made him practically unhittable a year ago. He's still good and can be great in flashes, but his control problems are a major issue and he really has trouble getting deep into games.

The Dodgers will carry the momentum from a huge win on the road in Game 2. I really like their chances in this series. I'm more likely to take the rest of this series game by game rather than the series price although I am tempted.

LA has the winning formula boys. Strong pitching, the best closer in baseball, and enough hitting.
    I like the Dodgers here as well. Several Cubs hitters are struggling and Dodgers are playing inspired baseball.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16699

Cubs it is

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    Cubs it is
    Good. Thanks.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Tough game to call, Cubs looking to rebound from that last loss.. Rich Hill on the mound not Kershaw for he Dodgers, he's decent but Arrietta is better...

Dodger bats have been pretty consistent in these playoffs with guys like Gonzales and Turner driving in runs. They've been solid at home..

I'm not sure how to play this one???..May go Dodgers small myself but not confident..

I'll be rooting for the Dodgers to win this I know...

Cubbereer
    Cubbereer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I believe the total goes over today, might play on that

Either team could win, too much stake, there's no better side play

matt08
    matt08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1207

Not betting this game. it's a toss up. Betting the Indian game instead.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO

Wizzle, is this a guaranteed winner?

goatchaser
    goatchaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2641

Shadows will help early for Pitchers....Mid 80's today.....95 WED .....CLOSE TO A 100 on Thursday...Ball may be flying out of the Stadium. I am amazed after watching the first 2 games and watching all Sports channels how these so called experts kind of just push the Dodgers a side and just say The Cubbies will win.,. You can see a lot of Bats going quiet for the Cubs......Dodgers have 3 at home.....I see them looking different on the bench...Starting to think about what if?? Might be the first time all season they have been worried about a team. Just my Opinion. It's still a young Team. In other words...first time they have felt real Pressure.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by goatchaser View Post
    Shadows will help early for Pitchers....Mid 80's today.....95 WED .....CLOSE TO A 100 on Thursday...Ball may be flying out of the Stadium. I am amazed after watching the first 2 games and watching all Sports channels how these so called experts kind of just push the Dodgers a side and just say The Cubbies will win.,. You can see a lot of Bats going quiet for the Cubs......Dodgers have 3 at home.....I see them looking different on the bench...Starting to think about what if?? Might be the first time all season they have been worried about a team. Just my Opinion. It's still a young Team. In other words...first time they have felt real Pressure.
    Seriously? Holy fukk.

t-wizzle

Dodgers series price only +144. This is the same Cubs team everyone had penciled in to the World Series and yet they aren't even that big of a favorite in a tied series 1-1.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by matt08 View Post
    Not betting this game. it's a toss up. Betting the Indian game instead.
    Smart man.. Tribe go for the sweep.. I see no let up in this Cleveland team today.. They're on a mission from God...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-18-16 at 11:43 AM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Dodgers series price only +144. This is the same Cubs team everyone had penciled in to the World Series and yet they aren't even that big of a favorite in a tied series 1-1.
    It's now best of 5 with next 3 games in LA. Not too surprising and at nearly 60% that's a pretty substantial favorite. Today's game is pivotal. If Cubs win, they shoot to -275 faves. If Dodgers win, they become -140ish favorites.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Every game is a tossup and the series is a tossup

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

So since one of the 5 worst air bettors in here likes L.A, the play is the Cubs.

matt08
    matt08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1207

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Every game is a tossup and the series is a tossup

I will ill flip a coin then and decide.

Cubbereer
    Cubbereer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thinking of parlaying Tribe and Cubs (too stupid?)

goatchaser
    goatchaser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2641

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Seriously? Holy fukk.
    Seriously...and Holy Fook!! State your opinion.....Be nice to know what you think.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Are the line ups out interested to see if madden makes major changes

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by goatchaser View Post
    Seriously...and Holy Fook!! State your opinion.....Be nice to know what you think.
    I just think that's really warm for mid-October. That's what I think.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

im pumped for this tonight just came up on tickets.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    im pumped for this tonight just came up on tickets.
    I thought about going to the game myself.. Barry's tickets had a few but the prices were jacked..

Not feeling it, battling traffic all the way from the beach to Dodger Stadium is a hassle.. Gonna watch it at home or at Barney's on 3rd Promenade in Santa Monica with a few buddies while chugging back a few beers during happy hour.....

Enjoy the game Teaser and THINK BLUE.....

Points Awarded:

KVB gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teaserpleaser

pilebuck13

The Cubs’ 3-4-5 hitters, MVP candidate Anthony Rizzo, utility man extraordinaire Ben Zobrist, and whizkid shortstop Addison Russell are a combined 6-for-60 so far in these playoffs —

Reason for line

t-wizzle

FTR, I've got Dodgers ML +109 along with a small play on the RRL +225.

BaseballChaser
    BaseballChaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Dodgers have the better starting pitcher today. Better lineup (as of now). Wrong team favored.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    The Cubs’ 3-4-5 hitters, MVP candidate Anthony Rizzo, utility man extraordinaire Ben Zobrist, and whizkid shortstop Addison Russell are a combined 6-for-60 so far in these playoffs —

Reason for line
    Utley/Seagar/Grandal are a combined 9 for-69 so far in these playoffs. Throw in Puig and it's 9 for 79.

Both teams have key players struggling offensively and any of them could turn it around quickly.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballChaser View Post
    The Dodgers have the better starting pitcher today. Better lineup (as of now). Wrong team favored.
    How is rich hill the better pitcher?

Not too mention the old man looked like a deer in the headlights in both his playoff starts this year.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

No the Dodgers don't have the better pitching today... Dodgers do hit righties pretty well and are at home though.. This game really could go either way....

t-wizzle

Sharp money pouring in on Dodgers today and for the Series.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    No the Dodgers don't have the better pitching today... Dodgers do hit righties pretty well and are at home though..
    Last time they faced Arrieta at Dodger Stadium?

Jake had premium stuff last time out - SF actually did a good job. If he brings that again, LA in trouble. He's not a typical RH pitcher.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Arrieta pretty mediocre since September 1st, but impossible to go against him large.

Betting MLB playoffs large is a good way to go broke.

pilebuck13

Dodgers got pounded wow

pilebuck13

Still waiting on Cubs line up

123 Last