jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

as long as Nicky makes us money who cares

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Where you staying?
    Harrahs. Loving my Total Rewards. Book at Ceasers, club at Cromwell, eat everywhere....
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave MinnesotaFats 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold

Fats I rarely go on strip

Live near Westgate

MinnesotaFats

Fats I rarely go on strip

Live near Westgate
    I might check out Edge Steakhouse. Check PMs Friday pm if you'd like to hit the Superbook and grab a beer.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

flog = golf backwards

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Tried to get heritage to see if they would do the same haha it was a good laugh as the operator kept telln me the game was played already, even when i tried to explain the situation. Its like some of these guys who work for the books dont read or watch the games lmao. Stay current on what your line of work is man lol. Sad sad Nick would do that but he has been making ppl money also.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I see jjgold is still a full blown retard.

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    What's a flog?
    aussie slang, usually referring to sports players in a degrading manner, most commonly used in AFL, ie- that flog lance franklin is the king of penetrating flogs.

I wouldn't say kyrgios is a flog, he makes tennis watchable, he legitimately doesn't give a fuc. he does what a large portion of pro's have wanted to do in some point of their career but don't as they are afraid of the controversy and receiving fines/bans it would cause. its good for the sport as it brings it into the eyes of the mainstream via social media/news thus bringing more interest and money. people are just so quick to not use their brains and jump on the "ban him, he shouldn't be playing" boat because it requires no thought. when really what match do you think would be the most rewatched of the entire tournament? not the final, that's for sure.
    Last edited by GR33D; 10-13-16 at 10:06 AM.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by GR33D View Post
    I wouldn't say kyrgios is a flog, he makes tennis watchable, he legitimately doesn't give a fuc. he does what a large portion of pro's have wanted to do in some point of their career but don't as they are afraid of the controversy and receiving fines/bans it would cause.
    I can't agree
    the fans, the sponsors, the tournament are paying his salary
    if you don't want to play/show up, either withdraw or retire-pros who don't want to play do that, not give no effort on the court-which as I pointed out earlier in this thread, is a waste of everyone's time, including kyrgios
    there's nothing "watchable" about this type of performance

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    I can't agree
    the fans, the sponsors, the tournament are paying his salary
    if you don't want to play/show up, either withdraw or retire-pros who don't want to play do that, not give no effort on the court-which as I pointed out earlier in this thread, is a waste of everyone's time, including kyrgios
    there's nothing "watchable" about this type of performance
    This is spot on, he needs to have a look in the stands, this entire Asain swing has attendance that looks scarcer than a mid week WNBA game. Those who paid deserve a match. Furthermore, if this game becomes unbettable because of this garbage it's reputation will suffer along with its TV viability, thus shrinking the money.

They really should suspend him from the tour for 6 months, have him come back and stick him with 1st round draws of the big4 everytime. Hurt him right in the wallet, he'll shape up fast.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    flog = golf backwards
    Best thing & most clever post you've shared this month I love that word "flog" btw ...

jjgold

Guys it is about winning if you bet the guy

He is a winner ..who cares about tanking

Shari has a personal issue with him via twitter

They both live in Australia and she tried to ask him out

Nicky must of shot her down or ignored her and now she go nuts on SBR

Kid having strong year

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

ATP needs to penalize him, whether it's fines, rankings, whatever.

Make him qualify for tournaments.

tennischallenger
    tennischallenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

As a tennis lover I was disgusted by his behavior but it was a nice move from the bookies who refunded the bets.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Kyrgios should go watch highlights of Michael Chang trying 100% on every point..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Yf1ZsWRQQ

bruceBRUCEbruce

He's been fined basically the max amount by the ATP [16.5k]
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    They really should suspend him from the tour for 6 months, have him come back and stick him with 1st round draws of the big4 everytime. Hurt him right in the wallet, he'll shape up fast.
    agreed
    he has no right to play on the tour
    let him sit at home for 6+ months if he ever wants to steal $$$ from the fans again

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by GR33D View Post
    aussie slang, usually referring to sports players in a degrading manner, most commonly used in AFL, ie- that flog lance franklin is the king of penetrating flogs.

I wouldn't say kyrgios is a flog, he makes tennis watchable, he legitimately doesn't give a fuc. he does what a large portion of pro's have wanted to do in some point of their career but don't as they are afraid of the controversy and receiving fines/bans it would cause. its good for the sport as it brings it into the eyes of the mainstream via social media/news thus bringing more interest and money. people are just so quick to not use their brains and jump on the "ban him, he shouldn't be playing" boat because it requires no thought. when really what match do you think would be the most rewatched of the entire tournament? not the final, that's for sure.
    Thanks.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Quote Originally Posted by tennischallenger View Post
    As a tennis lover I was disgusted by his behavior but it was a nice move from the bookies who refunded the bets.
    Sets a precedent though that every second person will be lining up or their money back whenever a player tanks.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I wish 5d would refund tanking tennis player bets. I had a fixer happen to me last night.

Caroline Garcia had 12 double faults in her loss to the 199th ranked player in the world. That shit was more blatant than any Davydenko match. She even managed to win the 1st set to make it look good.

Nick is a hilarious dude. I gotta respect any player that tells Stan his girlfriend was banging another player, during the match for audio to pick up haha.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Really????

Get stuffed.

I hope he gets fined and friggen booted from the Aussie team. You don't think the greats get tired???? I've never once seen a Roger, Boris, Nadal, Djoko, Serena, Steffi, etc act like this. None of how he's acted. Come on now. He's an absolute embarrassment. If you're too tired, withdraw ffs.
    The threat of players tanking to go home early, especially in Asia where they are far from their homes, has to be great.

Rough sport to bet on.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

In a team sport I'd have a big problem with it. You're letting down your teammates, embarrassing the fanbase etc...

Inidividual sport, hey, it's his choice. I'm not necessarily a fan of his behaviour either don't get me wrong but all this talk about "suspend him" is a bit ridiculous.

As for match going fans, tennis is probably the sport where you have the least control over if you're getting your money's worth because the length of the matches is indeterminate. I once went to Roland Garros and attended these awesome matches:

When had I been on the other court I could've seen this:

Matches on Court Philippe Chatrier (Center Court)
    Event Winner Loser Score
    Women's Singles 1st Round Li Na [6] Anabel Medina Garrigues 6–3, 6–4
    Men's Singles 1st Round Rafael Nadal [3] Daniel Brands 4–6, 7–6(7–4), 6–4, 6–3
    Men's Singles 1st Round Gaël Monfils [WC] Tomáš Berdych [5] 7–6(10–8), 6–4, 6–7(3–7), 6–7(4–7), 7–5

Shit happens. You know it going in. Don't buy tickets if you don't wanna be disappointed. If anything at least Kyrgios provided some comic relief as opposed to a typical blowout match.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

As for gamblers who lays -700 on the ml on anyone let alone a known headcase like Kyrgios? Hate to sound like a dick but I'm glad those people lost and wouldn't have refunded them a penny...

jjgold

BRISBANE, Australia (AP) — That latest outburst from Nick Kyrgios has commentators and critics in Australia divided over whether the tennis prodigy's career would be better served by a harsher punishment or a reassuring hug.
    The 21-year-old Australian was fined a total of $16,500 for tanking — or showing a "lack of best efforts" — unsporting conduct and verbally abusing a spectator during a bizarre second-round exit at the Shanghai Masters. Some critics wondered why it didn't warrant a ban.

mets119218
    mets119218's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3814

With all the talk of people throwing matches I am really surprised they didn't use him as an example and ban him for a bit.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Nick Kyrgios banned by ATP for eight weeks over conduct at Shanghai Masters

And he's also had his fine upped to $25k by the ATP.

These shonky fukkers are letting him back the day before the Aus Open starts. Why I ever bet this wackadoo sport for the past 30 years is beyond me

jjgold

He announced today's going for psychiatric help that's a bunch of baloney because the tour threaten to ban him so he's playing a game

shari91

He announced today's going for psychiatric help that's a bunch of baloney because the tour threaten to ban him so he's playing a game
    He's immature and that's fair enough. He was a young kid who was given a lot of money quickly and his family and hanger ons are fukkwits who never set him straight like the serious people around Fed or Murray or Djoko or many others. But this just becomes a total joke after a few of the same incidences. It's like when do you finally accept that a guy doesn't want to play and it's time to cut him loose?! Instead they give him these outs all of the time so he can do the dance and then show up at a tourney he doesn't give a rats' ass about, make $50k, act like a jerk and rinse and repeat. Oh and end his ban the exact day before the Aus Open starts. What a blatant slap in the face to anyone who bet on him and paid to watch him in Shanghai. I haven't bet on this dude in 2 years... never will again either. I don't care if he's playing 59802429043th in the world. I can serve better than him in his last match and I only serve underhand

jjgold

Shari why did you delete the tweet to him asking him out??

I wish I would of screen captured it

Now I cannot prove it, you love this guy

Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios has been banned from competing for eight weeks and fined by the ATP for his behavior at the Shanghai Masters last week.
    The 21-year-old, who was fined $25,000 (£20,500), was handed the punishment for his “lack of best efforts” due to patting the ball over the net when serving a number of times during his defeat to Mischa Zverev

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

He'll just do it again multiple times but not make it so blatant.

Wish he would be banned for life by tennis Australia for Davis Cup too.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Strawberries.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

He's immature and that's fair enough. He was a young kid who was given a lot of money quickly and his family and hanger ons are fukkwits who never set him straight like the serious people around Fed or Murray or Djoko or many others. But this just becomes a total joke after a few of the same incidences. It's like when do you finally accept that a guy doesn't want to play and it's time to cut him loose?! Instead they give him these outs all of the time so he can do the dance and then show up at a tourney he doesn't give a rats' ass about, make $50k, act like a jerk and rinse and repeat. Oh and end his ban the exact day before the Aus Open starts. What a blatant slap in the face to anyone who bet on him and paid to watch him in Shanghai. I haven't bet on this dude in 2 years... never will again either. I don't care if he's playing 59802429043th in the world. I can serve better than him in his last match and I only serve underhand
    Underhanded serve?! You and Chang should hang out..http://cdn.tennis.com/uploads/img/2014/07/17/yt.jpg

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Underhanded serve?! You and Chang should hang out..http://cdn.tennis.com/uploads/img/2014/07/17/yt.jpg
    Haha I remember that!!! That was a year before I was forced to play on the tennis team for school because I was decent in a few other sports and they needed another body so they could enter a tourney. I served my legendary underhand and then ducked and moved out of the way when chicks tried to drill forehands down my throat

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    As for gamblers who lays -700 on the ml on anyone let alone a known headcase like Kyrgios? Hate to sound like a dick but I'm glad those people lost and wouldn't have refunded them a penny...
    Any chance some of his recent games including this one had 'irregular betting patterns'?

bruceBRUCEbruce

These shonky fukkers are letting him back the day before the Aus Open starts.
    what nonsense
    essentially a meaningless suspension

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

shari, did you bet this Wimbledon final?

Nick full on basket case. Yelling throughout the whole match.

First 123 Last