Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

I'm sick of anyone telling me how smart Cuban is. Why doesn't he fix the friggin' NBA before he turns his attention to the NFL. Being rich doesn't make you smart. (ie, Trump)

That said, Thursday night football is hard to watch. The road team has it tough. The NFL refs are so friggin' awful that it's a crime. They're too damn old to be running up and down the field with these athletes. And every rule change sucks. The league offices are busy protecting themselves from concussion lawsuits and also catering to fantasy players.

It's on Goodell, boyz! HE SUCKS!! And he's despicable.....not a good look for the face of the league.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Ratings for niners next game will be the best this season.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Everybody knows I'm a Twitter geek. This has been the #1 story on NFL news for the last week. They have been talking about everything from the market being too saturated to protests to traditional TV is dead to bad product on TV....etc....etc. I'm going with over saturated. I am so sick of seeing the NFL wherever I look on TV. FS1 and ESPN2 both have shows on right now on a Wednesday at 10AM, and what are hey talking about....NFL. Shows on Thursday, Monday, and Sunday nights. The Sunday afternoon games aren't a special event any more. Then when the Sunday afternoon games are on network TV, you have NFL Redzone. I love Redzone. Unless my Texans are playing on TV, I'm not watching a regular football game any more. I think the NFL has shot themselves in the foot by creating that channel.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Everybody knows I'm a Twitter geek. This has been the #1 story on NFL news for the last week. They have been talking about everything from the market being too saturated to protests to traditional TV is dead to bad product on TV....etc....etc. I'm going with over saturated. I am so sick of seeing the NFL wherever I look on TV. FS1 and ESPN2 both have shows on right now on a Wednesday at 10AM, and what are hey talking about....NFL. Shows on Thursday, Monday, and Sunday nights. The Sunday afternoon games aren't a special event any more. Then when the Sunday afternoon games are on network TV, you have NFL Redzone. I love Redzone. Unless my Texans are playing on TV, I'm not watching a regular football game any more. I think the NFL has shot themselves in the foot by creating that channel.
    NFL is lucky for the invention of fantasy football or they would really be fuked about now

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

Nfl regular season games are boring unless it's a great matchup.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I only watch the games now

never ever pre games lost interest

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Bad premier games. TB/Carolina with no Cam. Jets/cards with Fitz were disasters. Thursday night games are poorly played. Sunday ratings are probably ok. But any late game Sunday, Sunday might, Monday and Thursday should have poor ratings. Only degenerates are paying attention then. It's too damn much BAD football

jjgold

also just to many platforms to follow sports now in real time

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

The Monday and Thursday night matchups have been pretty bad for the most part. It used to be that Monday Night Football was almost always a must watch game, now it's just trash. NFL screwed ESPN over with MNF scheduling and try to make sure Sunday Night Football gets the better matchups. The MNF games have taken the biggest hit in ratings.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They should pick a game like Detroit Washington and play it at noon on a Tuesday since most of those fans don't work and are at home anyways

TheMartian
    TheMartian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3241

I look forward to watch Premiere League and Champions League more than these oversaturated 3 hours of commercials Garbage 4 nights a week games featuring the Aint's and Colts every week

Mark Cuban was right he saw Roger getting greedy and called the Decline of the NFL way before the rating plummeted. There's a reason the man is a Billionaire

jjgold

It is a ghetto game

People fed up with it now

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The unlikely rise of a new professional sport is playing a role in the National Football League’s ongoing television ratings tumble, according to a new report.

Once a fledgling attraction, the eSports industry is now a legitimate challenger to traditional sports leagues – particularly among the millennial consumers already prone to “cord-cutting.” The pro gaming industry has embraced digital streaming, rather than television, as its primary method of reaching consumers.

A new survey conducted by market research company Newzoo found that 76% of eSports enthusiasts claim their interest in professional gaming interferes with the time they would have spent watching sports on television. That’s bad news for networks like ESPN (DIS) and FOX (FOXA), who spend tens of millions of dollars annually to secure the NFL’s television rights.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...ngs-slide.html

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Compared to what? Monday Night Football once had Dennis Miller for ratings and thought about Rush Limbaugh. They ain't exactly hurting.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The unlikely rise of a new professional sport is playing a role in the National Football League’s ongoing television ratings tumble, according to a new report.

Once a fledgling attraction, the eSports industry is now a legitimate challenger to traditional sports leagues – particularly among the millennial consumers already prone to “cord-cutting.” The pro gaming industry has embraced digital streaming, rather than television, as its primary method of reaching consumers.

A new survey conducted by market research company Newzoo found that 76% of eSports enthusiasts claim their interest in professional gaming interferes with the time they would have spent watching sports on television. That’s bad news for networks like ESPN (DIS) and FOX (FOXA), who spend tens of millions of dollars annually to secure the NFL’s television rights.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/...ngs-slide.html
    I know a ton of guys, including my 40 year old brother, that plays Xbox live on Sundays instead of watching NFL games now.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

LONDON — Those declining NFL TV ratings? Keep them in the States, mate.

Through Week 4, the United Kingdom’s Sky Sports and BBC networks had drawn 9.8 million viewers to their NFL coverage, up a startling 80% from the 5.4 million through that same period last season.

That is part of the reason why Neil Reynolds, a leading studio host for Sky Sports NFL coverage in the U.K., says it’s time to stop asking the question of whether London is ready for its own NFL franchise.

“You’ll hear people say we’re still three years away from being ready for a team,” Reynolds told the Daily News in London on Friday. “But I think we’re already there.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...Sports+Twitter

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

The product is crap now and I'm not happy about it. I've got the Sunday ticket and I've used it once all year. As others have stated here, the Thursday, Sunday, Monday games are messing with it. Games should only be on Sunday and Monday night. Thanksgiving is the only time we see NFL on Thursday. I remember when it was announced that NFL red zone or whatever channel would host a game that most couldn't watch with regular cable and it was frustrating. Jam Sunday's with it and get some rivalries going or started. The drama is mediocre, the storylines mundane...sad that nfls biggest news is what John Manziel is doing and cams presser outfit. Fix the shitte, bring randy back, TO, Groucho cinco and joe horn on the cellphone. I wanted to punch all of them out and that's what makes rivalries awesome. Game has no swag now, baseball is more entertaining and I didn't think that would ever be possible.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Going out on a limb here, but if they televised the London game today, it may have better ratings

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

In 2003, Houston Oilers defensive end Elvin Bethea made a rather impolitic confession as he was about to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

He admitted he rarely watches NFL games.

“The game,” he said, “is like pro wrestling. I guess that’s why I don’t watch it. All show, little substance.”

Lately, many reasons have been given for the sudden, severe drop in NFL TV ratings. All of them, to some degree, make sense.

But the one that has gone either ignored or underestimated is the dignity factor. In the 13 years after Bethea’s observation, games consistently have challenged dignified viewers to surpass their breaking points. The right-headed have concluded NFL games no longer can be indulged as either sports or entertainment.

Judging from reader emails and sentiments expressed in casual conversation, NFL games never have been easier to turn off and, worse, to ignore. The hassle-after-every-play incivilities and immodest, even lewd all-about-me demonstrations — regardless of the score — that often result in game-determining penalties too often appear as college men engaged in gang warfare.

http://nypost.com/2016/10/20/nfls-si...s-showboating/

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Bad matchups, nobody wants to see two horrible teams play in primetime, thursday night games always seem to be the worst, but then again nfl cant do much if youve really only got a few good teams, and everybody else is decent to garbage the teams overall arent very good this seasion

unde0087
    Did we win?

Another great day for the nfl coverage. Both CBS and FOX games total shit and were over halfway through the 3rd quarter yet they don't switch to the other 4 games that actually came down to the end

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

i watched the Colts game on phone via vipbox mobile website

glanced over at tv with browns game on once in a while... caught the Green hail mary sick grab before half

game was over at that point

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Watching NHL Winnipeg/Edmonton and MLS Soccer on Direct Kick before this garbage. Those athletes appreciate their jobs and fans a lot more IMO.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33098

The only early game I had today was OAK / JAX .

I got bored and worked around the house .

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Another great day for the nfl coverage. Both CBS and FOX games total shit and were over halfway through the 3rd quarter yet they don't switch to the other 4 games that actually came down to the end
    How about spend money for direct tv it's actually cheaper than any cable provider. So many clueless idoits in this forum also many broke as a joke

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by mikefan1034 View Post
    How about spend money for direct tv it's actually cheaper than any cable provider. So many clueless idoits in this forum also many broke as a joke
    Or they just realize the piss poor product the NFL has turned into.

jjgold

just look at many of their appearances , violence and behaviors

It became a ghetto game in the hood and people turned off

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by mikefan1034 View Post
    Coming from a guy that is a non pro

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Got tired of sports today. Watching Clerks II. Classic movie.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    just look at many of their appearances , violence and behaviors

It became a ghetto game in the hood and people turned off
    Dude stfu with that crap, always on some racist sh!t why arent you banned???

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

This thread is full of ole' crusty guys talking about "back in my day football was blah blah blah". If you don't like football, I think you may not be a man. Just say'in.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3692

Steelers' last 2-minute offense sums it all, sleep-walking.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    The only early game I had today was OAK / JAX .

I got bored and worked around the house .
    So did I. Decent game, but give me two choices early than two choices late. I didn't even bother watching the late games and they were better.

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Snooze fest

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    This thread is full of ole' crusty guys talking about "back in my day football was blah blah blah". If you don't like football, I think you may not be a man. Just say'in.
    Refs determine the winner way too often. Commercials every 30 seconds. They call touch personal fouls at times, then let thugs like Burfict try to murder people on the field. People whine that baseball is boring, 95% of a football game is the clock running between plays. It's like watching paint dry. Not sure how the fukk you find it entertaining. Only reason I watch any more is betting, fantasy football, and my Northern Iowa kid David Johnson.

First 1234 Last