Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where is Les Miles going?

I think he should go somewhere out West.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Dallas Cowboys

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

(I feel bad for his next landing spot.......)

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Friday Five: These schools are Les Miles' most likely destinations

If Les Miles is on a sideline in 2017, these are the five sidelines he's most likely to be on

5. Purdue
    : I was wrestling between Purdue and Baylor for this spot, but in the end, I eliminated Baylor from consideration because I can't help but believe if it replaces Jim Grobe, it will look to do so with a coach that keeps the same exciting offense that Art Briles brought to the school. That's not Les Miles. Purdue, on the other hand, would gladly accept a coach with Miles' accomplishments. The Boilermakers have struggled to find solid footing for years now, and I'm sure they'd believe Miles is somebody who can get the program headed back in the right direction. The only question is how interested Miles would be in Purdue. The pros here are that it's a Big Ten school, and it's in the the West Division, so Miles wouldn't have to compete withOhio State and his beloved Michigan every year.

4. Mississippi State: This is not me saying I believe Dan Mullen is going to get fired. I don't. What I believe is that it's very possible that at the end of the season, Mullen could be looking to get out of Starkville.
    I don't know if you noticed, but Mullen's boss left him earlier this week. Scott Stricklin didn't hire Mullen at Mississippi State, but has been the school's athletic director since 2010 left for the same job at Florida.
    While there's never been any hard evidence, Mullen's name has popped up as an interested party for other jobs -- like Penn State -- in the past. With Stricklin now gone, and a new boss coming in, it's possible Mullen might be more eager to move on at the end of the season if the right opportunity presents itself. And if he does leave, you have to think Mississippi State would be happy to replace him with Miles, who not only continues to give the program credibility, but has plenty of experience in the SEC West.
    3. Oklahoma State: This is a situation similar to that of Dan Mullen's at Mississippi State. I don't think Mike Gundy is going to be fired, but considering recent comments made by Oklahoma State booster T. Boone Pickens, I can't help but believe Gundy isn't opposed to the idea of leaving Stillwater.
    So maybe Oklahoma State wants to go back to the man it replaced with Mike Gundy? Gundy was Miles' offensive coordinator at Oklahoma State from 2001 to 2004, and took over when Miles left for LSU. It's not impossible that things could come full-circle. Of course, if Miles is bringing Cam Cameron with him, I doubt Oklahoma State will be interested.
    2. Houston: Think of this one like a coaching swap. Tom Herman is currently the favorite for the LSU job, but even if he doesn't end up in Baton Rouge, there's a decent chance Herman leaves Houston at some point this offseason, particularly if the Cougars don't get into the Big 12. So if Herman does leave, maybe Houston looks to keep the credibility its built up in recent years by making a big-name hire.
    Les Miles could be that big name.
    Houston also has enough money from boosters to offer Miles a competitive salary like the one it's already paying Herman, and even if it isn't a Power Five gig, as we're currently seeing, that doesn't mean you can't compete for a playoff spot.

1. Kentucky: Given the current state of affairs in Lexington, I have a hard time seeing Kentucky bring back Mark Stoops for a fifth season. Stoops is currently 14-26 with the Wildcats, and 5-21 in SEC play, so barring some kind of major turnaround, his job And if Stoops is fired, you have to think Miles would be a name Kentucky is interested in, and Kentucky would be a job Miles is interested in. It's an SEC gig, but it's in the SEC East where Miles wouldn't have to deal with Nick Saban every season, and facing Nick Saban every year is one of the main reasons Miles is currently unemployed.
    Also, the expectations at Kentucky wouldn't be nearly as high. Think of this as a situation not all that different than Steve Spurrier going to South Carolina, without the NFL stop. Kentucky fans would worship Miles if he just made the football program competitive on an annual basis.
    Honorable Mention: Baylor, Georgia Tech

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

I hope no where , his play calling is the worst of any human on earth .

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Usc

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

he will end up in the big ten no doubt.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

New England pats

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Penn St

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

south bend

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

All Les had to do was get a decent qb to come to LSU, he should have gotten really good qbs there but for whatever reason many times they didnt pan out. His style seems more a smash mouth physical playing team so I think he'd be bad for some of the teams running spread offenses. I could be wrong though.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    All Les had to do was get a decent qb to come to LSU, he should have gotten really good qbs there but for whatever reason many times they didnt pan out. His style seems more a smash mouth physical playing team so I think he'd be bad for some of the teams running spread offenses. I could be wrong though.
    He can take the DC job at FSU when they finally fire the dipshit Noles have now.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

terrible coach

good recruiter

needs good coaches around him too

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gold I heard SBR sent him an offer to take over here as head coach... 3.7 Mill betpoints/4 years/+ 8 trivia bonus

19er the schools mentioned just do not seem like a good fit, although for what Kentucky and Purdue are paying their current head coaches I could certainly understand why he would be attractive there. I like Herman at Houston and I want them to stay good and him to stay there...an LSU swap would be weird although roughly same recruiting areas. I like OK State the best for him of those choices.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    He can take the DC job at FSU when they finally fire the dipshit Noles have now.
    Im told Les Miles is a brand, might be beneath him to go from being a national championship head coach to a coordinator, although it'd be alot less stressful. He may just take a couple years off.

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

wont happen, he will be on the side line come next year at the latest. penn state mark my word

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Baylor

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    south bend
    Weirdly enough, I think this one has the most legs. Irish fans sick of Brian Kelly, and they probably should be.

Plus, I can't see him going to a program at his age that's currently running the spread, ie Houston/OKSt/Baylor/Arizona. Too long of a transition to get his players doing what he wants and getting his own players recruited into it. Better to enter a ready-made system similar to what he was already running.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a terrible game coach that is the major issue

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Penn State is the front runner

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

If Texas doesnt have a good season strong will be canned maybe miles can work there

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Espn