trump4prez
    trump4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Police Brutality hits Canada...Police swear at wheel chair bound black man...

When i saw the headline i thought it was something bad. It made the news because the police said i am going to give you a penetrating ticket

If it was US, probably the guy would have gotten shot in the head.

From cbc:

Video of a police officer swearing at a man in a wheelchair is unsettling to the man's sister, but she is grateful that it has exposed inappropriate police behaviour.
    The video, which was filmed on Wednesday morning, shows a Montreal police officer searching through the bag of a man using a wheelchair.

The man had crossed McGill College Avenue on a red light, just outside the university's Roddick Gates on Sherbrooke Street.
    Katherine-Marie Albisi filmed the incident on her smart phone. She was on a coffee break Wednesday morning when she witnessed the altercation. (CBC)

In the video captured by a witness, the officer says "I'm going to give you a f--king ticket. You asked for it."
    The witnesses never caught the man's name, but they were concerned about him and decided to post the video on Facebook. It's been shared over 11,000 times.
    One of the witnesses also filed a complaint with the police ethics commission.
    'Let the public see how police treat people'

CBC News learned the man's name is Leon Shand. His sister, Patricia Henry, said it was upsetting for her to watch the video.
    "It makes me feel so sick to see how they treat my brother," Henry said. "Maybe if he wasn't in a wheelchair, who's to tell you what they would have done to him?"
    The incident culminated with Shand being given $800 worth of tickets, she said. She found the language the officer used while handing out the ticket inappropriate.
    "That was very, very rude," Henry said. "It doesn't matter what colour or race you are. It's not appropriate for an officer of the law to be speaking to someone like that."
    But despite the feelings that accompany the video, Henry is thankful the incident was captured on camera.
    "It's very good to let the public see how police treat people," she said. "We are all living here and we are human beings. We are citizens."
    Henry said her brother was shaken up after the altercation. Later that day, he fell out of his wheelchair and was taken to hospital to be treated for a concussion.
    "He's resting, recovering from the trauma that he went through," she said.
    Shand wasn't available for an interview because of the concussion.

Police admit language not appropriate

Cmdr. Danik Guerrero, who is in charge of Montreal police station 20, confirmed Thursday afternoon that he had seen the video and spoken with the officer involved.
    "I personally met my police officer and I told him that for us, this is language that I don't approve," Guerrero said. "This is language the Montreal police service doesn't approve."
    Guerrero also said the video needs to be put into context — the incident happened at a wide intersection with heavy vehicle and pedestrian traffic as well as construction.
    He said the officer was concerned for Shand's safety, and had ordered him to stay on the median when the light turned red. But Shand kept going.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

At least he didn't wind up dead like this double amputee guy with only 1 arm. The popo ran up on him and shot him dead because he was waving a pen at them.

trump4prez
    trump4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

American Police needs better training. But at the same times people need to learn to obey police orders.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's getting out of hand

Wonder why cops are like this

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by trump4prez View Post
    American Police needs better training. But at the same times people need to learn to obey police orders.
    It's pretty hard to get on the ground when you're confined to a fukkin wheelchair.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Technically Montreal isn't really part of Canada.
    They are like Guam or Costa Rica.
    Not really acknowledged by the rest of the Country.

Apparently this guy was caught not standing during the Canadian anthem at an Alouettes game.
    So he kinda deserved it