Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

The PI on Dallas CB Anthony Brown was pretty cheap IMO too. That ended up being the difference in that game. You can't even blow on a receiver now a days.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The PI on Dallas CB Anthony Brown was pretty cheap IMO too. That ended up being the difference in that game. You can't even blow on a receiver now a days.
    Refs let 2-3 other PIs/holds on cowboys def slide. Rodgers sliced that defense up regardless

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Refs let 2-3 other PIs/holds on cowboys def slide. Rodgers sliced that defense up regardless
    True... I just wish they would do something about pass interference rules. It's too damn subjective. There needs to be a standard, maybe even review it. I think the PI call is what's causing the dip in NFL ratings. You throw a pass and everyone has to wait 5 seconds after the play to see if there's a flag on the field. It's ridiculous. I think we should allow all contact as long as you don't grab or hold the receiver. So what if you get bumped, it's football.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

GB won that game today fair and square,I heard enough excuses last week as to why the Giants got beat by GB ,like as though a couple drops were the only reason,GB put up 38.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 01-16-17 at 01:27 AM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

speakin' of "blowing" receivers....

this guy is pretty good at it, apparently.....

and we all know he's down with blowing "trainers"

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

NFL wants to keep pummeling you with Rodgers "your stuffs on fire" insurance ads and watching Antonio Brown dance in Pepsi commercials.

Dont think Dak's Beats by Dre, Alex Smiths dry rub, and Julio's Mellow Mushroom ads really move the needle for them

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

True... I just wish they would do something about pass interference rules. It's too damn subjective. There needs to be a standard, maybe even review it. I think the PI call is what's causing the dip in NFL ratings. You throw a pass and everyone has to wait 5 seconds after the play to see if there's a flag on the field. It's ridiculous. I think we should allow all contact as long as you don't grab or hold the receiver. So what if you get bumped, it's football.
    Much like the nba, they made these rules to increase scoring. ratings show fans enjoy higher scoring games. there will never be rules installed to assist the defense. they review PI in the cfl and its very efficient. only because the reviews take under a minute. not sure why the nfl take 3 minutes for a review call. if you enforce a 60 second review policy, especially when they are already watching the replay before the challenge flag is thrown. and if in 60 seconds you can't determine whether the penalty occurred or not, you maintain the call on the field.

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Greedell controls everything

Refs just do what they're told

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Much like the nba, they made these rules to increase scoring. ratings show fans enjoy higher scoring games. there will never be rules installed to assist the defense. they review PI in the cfl and its very efficient. only because the reviews take under a minute. not sure why the nfl take 3 minutes for a review call. if you enforce a 60 second review policy, especially when they are already watching the replay before the challenge flag is thrown. and if in 60 seconds you can't determine whether the penalty occurred or not, you maintain the call on the field.

I couldn't agree more. If you have to look at something 100 times from all different angles, that is, by the very definition, inconclusive

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Much like the nba, they made these rules to increase scoring. ratings show fans enjoy higher scoring games.
    While I agree in theory that they've made changes to increase scoring, we are still seeing absolute grind games where the offenses can't do shit. The PI rules in my opinion are ruining the game, along with the personal foul hard hits. I'm all for safety and high scoring but now you are introducing subjectivity in a sport where it shouldn't be. Who the hell wants to wait for an umpire to decide on throwing a flag because of a questionable hit, or a high/low hit on a QB or a PI where both players are pushing each other? We are being brainwashed into watching the play then wait a few seconds to see if there's a flag. One side is lobbying for a flag while the other is praying there isn't one. This moment of anticipation/dread is ruining the game and it happens on every fukking play.

Take out the subjectivity in PI. Allow contact and early bumping. Make it very clear that you cannot grab a receiver and keep it at that. Who cares if you bump into a receiver, the receiver should be able to get open as long as he's not being held. If you try to bump into him, you will most likely get burnt easier. Scoring should go up and you take away the refs subjectivity on PI.

We use to play street football growing up. There was no such thing as PI. GTFOH. Go get the ball, don't get held at the line of scrimmage. Keep it simple and keep the game out of the refs hands.

Mac4Lyfe

Bump - most of the games today are being controlled by the refs. Play is over and 5 seconds later here comes a fukking flag. Then they get together to figure out who they want to fukk this time.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Don't bet then... I'm sure 90% of us know it's akin to the WWE. The shame is these days it's even more blantant; I guess the excuse is the end-zone review makes things "look" better.

I think they even churning the live bets lol. It is what it is.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

There were several BS PI/def holding calls on Bengals and that last call allowing the TD against the Skins was just blatantly bad. NFL is not even trying to hide it anymore.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You guys are the biggest bunch of losers around. You will look for any excuse to hide the fact that you cannot picks games worth a s**t. Quit your f**king crying or get the hell out of here. No one wants to hear your crap. A three year old could kick your worthless arses.
    Points Awarded:

Ryermkd gave BigdaddyQH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i hate seattle but i understand - hope i have this right - that they lost a returned INT TD because one of their players was mauling aaron rogers - or mauling someone. i saw aaron being mauled on the highlights of that play.......... not saying it's wrong call but it is HUGE in its effect.

instant replay should only be for egregrious mistakes on possible penalties. replay it at full speed from a couple of angles and be on with it.

Canadian football i agree has got replays somewhat correct but it's been a long, rocky road to get there.......... you got so many challenges that it seemed like coaches were challenging another team's big play. and took forever to make a decision.

big big fan though of live speed and only a couple of replay angles. similar to what referees deal with on the field.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i hate seattle but i understand - hope i have this right - that they lost a returned INT TD because one of their players was mauling aaron rogers - or mauling someone. i saw aaron being mauled on the highlights of that play.......... not saying it's wrong call but it is HUGE in its effect.

instant replay should only be for egregrious mistakes on possible penalties. replay it at full speed from a couple of angles and be on with it.

Canadian football i agree has got replays somewhat correct but it's been a long, rocky road to get there.......... you got so many challenges that it seemed like coaches were challenging another team's big play. and took forever to make a decision.

big big fan though of live speed and only a couple of replay angles. similar to what referees deal with on the field.
    Not sure what they saw throwing dude out and that flag. Despite others arguing the pick 6 was called back cause block in the back. Despite others bitching about it clearly dude pushed Rodgers in back, didn't really effect the play but it was simply a dumb move on dudes part, if you push a guy in the back out in the open field they gonna see it and call it every time.

Far as officiating overall today the games I saw I only saw one blatantly bad thing, the cousins fumble for a td was clearly a forward pass (his arm was going forward) worked out great in my favor tho which nice! Lol

In the oak/ten game I'd say raiders WRs were doing a lot of pushing off which fine if they wanna let them play but then they would turn around and flag titans d for ticky tack pi. Not huge deal cause kinda way league is now days but if you gonna let those big WRs push and excessively hand fight while ball in air then call pi on defenders for basically standing their ground you make it basically impossible to defend..

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Steelers fan here and the refs were all over Pitt. Game wasn't even as close as the final score, but the NFL and more over NCAAF primetime games are manipulated. It's gotten worse under Gooddell.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave recon1 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

gojetsgomoxies

ok, i was wrong on the interpretation of seattle's INT return TD being negated but not my conclusion.....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...anes-ejection/

two penalties on seattle. lane for attacking a GB receiver but i agree it looked like GB receiver started it. lane's actions were a penalty but maybe GB receiver too. would the penalties have offset if they both got nabbed?

2nd penalty: block in the back of aaron rodgers = terrible terrible call.

like i said, i hate seattle but the truth is important.

2daBank

It was a terrible desicion by guy to push Rodgers in back when he was only guy w any chance at ballcarier. Right out in the open he pushed him in the back, period. Did it effect the play? No, but that not up to ref to decide it up to the moron doing the pushing to play smarter!!

gojetsgomoxies

i was thinking the block on aaron rodgers was on the side. or a diaginol block - which i guess is in the back........

i do think they need some standard as to whether it affected the play - no - and whether it was an intentional, somewhat dangerous move - again no......

Mac4Lyfe

^They replay what they want to replay at times as well. It's like they just spin a wheel to see if they should review shit away from the ball.

Every fukking pass play is a "wait for the flag moment". Pass the ball, catch or no catch... Wait for it, wait for it. Whew, no flag. Pass the ball, catch or no catch... Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it. WTF where did that flag come from?

Every hard hit is another guessing game whether the hit was too hard or not. You might as well lay your opponent on the ground instead of hitting him because you will certainly get a fine tomorrow for playing hard.

This shit is ruining the game. That game has been reduce to avoiding laundry on the field.

2daBank

Standard should be if your dude going in for a score don't look to take a cheap shot on guys back. I agree didn't effect play at all but that shouldn't be on refs to decide, they see guy shove someone in the back they should throw the flag imo.

2daBank

^They replay what they want to replay at times as well. It's like they just spin a wheel to see if they should review shit away from the ball.

Every fukking pass play is a "wait for the flag moment". Pass the ball, catch or no catch... Wait for it, wait for it. Whew, no flag. Pass the ball, catch or no catch... Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it. WTF where did that flag come from?

Every hard hit is another guessing game whether the hit was too hard or not. You might as well lay your opponent on the ground instead of hitting him because you will certainly get a fine tomorrow for playing hard.

This shit is ruining the game. That game has been reduce to avoiding laundry on the field.
    When they started changing or as they say enforcing these stupid new rules like you said it simply put far too much in their hands w "judgement" calls.

If they would let the corners play like the WRs everything be fine. Blatant pi is easy to see, holding easy to see. Weak bs where both guys handfighting yet defense always gets called is retarded.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    If they would let the corners play like the WRs everything be fine. Blatant pi is easy to see, holding easy to see. Weak bs where both guys handfighting yet defense always gets called is retarded.
    This...

2daBank

This...
    I thought it was terrible in the raiders/titans game. Simply cause raiders big WRs especially Crabtree really crafty with their push offs and they do a bunch of hand fighting when ball in air. More power to them I rather see that than guys flopping around and not even attempting to catch ball just looking for a flag.. the problem is when they doing that and the defender was holding his ground doing it back after they made a play on ball they would get called for pi.. how great would it be if they allowed the corner to do the sane thing as wr? what a novel idea!! They did call offensive pi once or twice maybe but those were silly in the sense the one I remember being called was basically identical to what they were doing every time!

As you said, just let the guys fukkin play. If it obvious pass interference in the truest meaning it a easy call to make we all know it and yell it out!! Just keep the flag in your damn pocket on all that questionable mostly innocent contact!

First 1234