pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Breaking News: Trump finally says President Obama was born in the US

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-mum...-election.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — After five years as the chief promoter of the false idea that President Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States, Donald Trump admitted on Friday that the president was — and claimed credit for putting the issue to rest.

"President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period," Trump said in brief televised remarks. "Now we all want to get back to making America strong and great again."

But as Trump sought to put that false conspiracy theory to rest, he stoked another, claiming that the "birther movement" was started by rival Hillary Clinton. There is no evidence that is true.

"Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy. I finished it," Trump said. "I finished it, you know what I mean."

Trump spoke against a backdrop of veterans in a sprawling ballroom at his new Washington hotel. His statement of a few seconds came only after a lengthy campaign event featuring military officers and award winners who have endorsed him. Trump did not address the issue until the end of the event, turning it into a de facto commercial for the GOP candidate, as the major cable TV networks aired the full event live in anticipation of comments Trump had hyped hours before.

"I'm going to be making a major statement on this whole thing and what Hillary did," he told the Fox Business Network. "We have to keep the suspense going, OK?"

Clinton herself said Friday that Trump owes Obama and the American people an apology for his role as a leading "birther" questioning the president's citizenship.

Speaking at an event with black women, Clinton said that Trump's campaign was "founded on this outrageous lie. There is no erasing it in history."

She said Trump is "feeding into the worst impulses, the bigotry and bias that lurks in our country."

The birther idea, which he now denies, provided Trump with his entry into Republican politics and for years has defined his status as an "outsider" who is willing to challenge convention.

As late as Wednesday, he would not acknowledge that Obama was born in Hawaii, declining to address the matter in a Washington Post interview published late Thursday night.

"I'll answer that question at the right time," Trump said. "I just don't want to answer it yet."

Clinton seized on Trump's refusal during a speech Thursday night before the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute.

"He was asked one more time where was President Obama born and he still wouldn't say Hawaii. He still wouldn't say America," Clinton said. "This man wants to be our next president? When will he stop this ugliness, this bigotry?"

Hours later, campaign spokesman Jason Miller issued a statement that suggested the question had been settled five years ago — by Trump.

"In 2011, Mr. Trump was finally able to bring this ugly incident to its conclusion by successfully compelling President Obama to release his birth certificate," Miller said.

"Mr. Trump did a great service to the president and the country by bringing closure to the issue that Hillary Clinton and her team first raised," he added. "Inarguably, Donald J. Trump is a closer. Having successfully obtained President Obama's birth certificate when others could not, Mr. Trump believes that President Obama was born in the United States."

The facts of Trump's actions do not match Miller's description. Trump repeatedly questioned Obama's birth in the years after Obama released his birth certificate. In August 2012, for example, he was pushing the issue on Twitter.

"An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud," he wrote.

Trump's comments speculating on Obama's birthplace have been seen by many as an attempt to delegitimize the nation's first black president, and have turned off many of the African-American voters he is now courting in his bid for the White House.

On Friday, Obama jabbed at Trump, saying "We're not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers."

"I was pretty confident about where I was born. I think most people were as well," Obama said during a meeting about his trade agenda.

Miller's claim that Clinton launched the birther movement during her unsuccessful primary run against Obama in 2008 is unsubstantiated and long denied by Clinton. The theory was pushed by some bloggers who backed Clinton's primary campaign eight years ago, but Clinton has said Trump "promoted the racist lie" that sought to "delegitimize America's first black president."

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

As SBR's resident clown would say, "post history don't lie"

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

pavy just released all over the screen

DwightShrute

Donald Trump Puts The 'Birther' Issue To Bed In 10 Words
    Donald Trump is ready to move on from the so-called 'birther' issue.
    HANNITY.COM

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

It took 8 years but Trump finally admitted he was an idiot.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It took 8 years but Trump finally admitted he was an idiot.
    My guess is Trump still thinks Obama's an idiot as do many of us. More important things to talk about than whether Obama was born in the US or not.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    My guess is Trump still thinks Obama's an idiot as do many of us. More important things to talk about than whether Obama was born in the US or not.
    Like the train wreck of an interview he just did on CNN? The last 2 minutes are brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O-87CAAImk

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Funniest part about the whole "not born in the US", is that Hillary is the one that started it, and Trump kept going with it; and here we are 8 years later and they are both running for his position

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR
    Greget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4631

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Funniest part about the whole "not born in the US", is that Hillary is the one that started it, and Trump kept going with it; and here we are 8 years later and they are both running for his position
    Hillary never once said he was not born in the US, so how could she have started it dummy?

Congrats donald you are now at least more qualified than your average SBR alt right retard.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paver too many political threads

Sports forum

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Paver too many political threads

Sports forum
    Sorry coach. We have 50 days until the most important election of our generation. The future of the world will be decided.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Can't wait for this shit to be over with.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Trump is a master flip-flopper, is there any issue he hasn't flipped on yet?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Its funny when you just go ahead any say what you dont believe because you know theyre just making something out of nothing, Donald turned it on them by saying Clinton started it. Of course he doesnt believe Obama was born here, who does. Id say they did this at this moment because Donald has been really trying to make a headway with the "Blacks" and surely it'd piss some blacks off with Trump disrespecting them by saying he's not even from here.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Trump is a master flip-flopper, is there any issue he hasn't flipped on yet?

I dont think he's ever gone back on how sexually turned on he is about his daughter. If they were smart they would run all the quotes he's said about her, have panels on daily talking about how inappropriate and sick such language is and float the notion that he's an incestual perv.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Its funny when you just go ahead any say what you dont believe because you know theyre just making something out of nothing, Donald turned it on them by saying Clinton started it. Of course he doesnt believe Obama was born here, who does. Id say they did this at this moment because Donald has been really trying to make a headway with the "Blacks" and surely it'd piss some blacks off with Trump disrespecting them by saying he's not even from here.
    when it became altight for ted cruz to run than that put the birth certificate as a non starter . Both mothers were born in the usa

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Unreal. Disparages our President and this goofball always backtracks when he's wrong and he's wrong all the time. Hey Drumpf when are you going to release your tax records you sleazeball tax cheat. Hillary did, Kaine did and so did your lackey vice president. Whatcha hiding in there that you don't want everyone to see???

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    Unreal. Disparages our President and this goofball always backtracks when he's wrong and he's wrong all the time. Hey Drumpf when are you going to release your tax records you sleazeball tax cheat. Hillary did, Kaine did and so did your lackey vice president. Whatcha hiding in there that you don't want everyone to see???
    no one's business. No law says he needs to. I hope not releasing them infuriates liberals into drinking bleach.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 09-16-16 at 06:29 PM.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

I told you he is a psycho.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Maybe he does, but who knows what Trump is really thinking, I'm not sure anyone including Trump knows.

First Hilary is a close friend and great woman, then Obama was 100% not born in America, then it's lets build a wall, then its no muslims allowed

Now it's Hilary is the enemy and the devil, Obama was actually born in Hawaii, no wall, and muslims will be allowed

The thing is, people that are going to vote for Trump don't care what he says, they just don't. Donald said it right early in his campaign "I could shoot somebody and people would still vote for me"

There is no integrity in politics on either side, nothing new.

Most likely our next president will either be Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton, and my life won't change one bit.

But my daughters might, therefore I will vote for Hilary, not because I like Hilary, but I would most likely prefer her SCOTUS nominee over Trumps.

Fukk, I'd be happy with Garland, he's a moderate, but apparently they're out of style right now. Gotta be a polar maniac to rile up the masses.

jtoler

no one's business. No law says he needs to. I not releasing them infuriates liberals into drinking bleach.
    Its funny you didnt feel that way about Obama's birth certificate 8 years ago. You dont seem to have a problem with Trump saying he'd release his taxes when Obama releases his birth certificate. Trump lied, but youve never had a problem with him lying before.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

He just wants to steal some hillary votes

Not going to happen

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

This presidential race

DwightShrute

Its funny you didnt feel that way about Obama's birth certificate 8 years ago. You dont seem to have a problem with Trump saying he'd release his taxes when Obama releases his birth certificate. Trump lied, but youve never had a problem with him lying before.
    now you are lying. I never ever said I was a birther. It was dumb then and dumb now. I criticized people who kept on it and that includes Trump. Did I pass on one or two memes that I saw online that I thought were funny? Yes.

I have been against releasing taxes to the public as far as I can remember. Either party candidates.

I have been consistent on both of those things forever.

jtoler

now you are lying. I never ever said I was a birther. It was dumb then and dumb now. I criticized people who kept on it and that includes Trump. Did I pass on one or two memes that I saw online that I thought were funny? Yes.

I have been against releasing taxes to the public as far as I can remember. Either party candidates.

I have been consistent on both of those things forever.
    You can be slick when you want to. You still evaded the fact that you have no problem with DONALD lying that he'd release his taxes when Obama released his birth certificate.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Trump leading in polls

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Trump leading in polls
    Means nothing corbin

It's all about what states are won

DwightShrute

You can be slick when you want to. You still evaded the fact that you have no problem with DONALD lying that he'd release his taxes when Obama released his birth certificate.
    i don't remember Trump saying that until seeing that video. Or maybe I do but forgot. I really don't know. Trump shouldn't have said it just like she shouldn't have gone on about the birther thing. It's not a big deal to me. Its obviously a huge deal to CNN and guys like you. I don't agree with everything he does or says.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

This guy white privilege level is at maximum

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

More relevant news would be if after 8 years Pavy would admit how stupid his logic was about John McCain. Pavy said since McCain crashed 4 jets so he couldn't run the country. Sounds like a joke right? It wasn't, it was pavy being serious. One of the first cases I diagnosed on SBR as liberal logic.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    This guy white privilege level is at maximum

if he was black he'd be unstoppable.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    CNN: “There’s No Proof Clinton Had Anything To Do With The Claims That Obama Wasn’t Born In The United States And Thus Was Ineligible To Be President.” “As part of a partnership with FactCheck.org, CNN examines the lack of evidence to Donald Trump’s claim that Hillary Clinton started the ‘birther’ movement against Barack Obama in 2008. As FactCheck.org reported before, there’s no proof Clinton had anything to do with the claims that Obama wasn’t born in the United States and thus was ineligible to be president.” [CNN, 5/6/16]
    Factcheck.Org: “There’s No Evidence That Clinton Or Her Campaign Had Anything To Do With Bogus Claims That Obama Wasn’t Born In The United States And Thus Was Ineligible To Be President.” “Donald Trump again has repeated the false claim that Hillary Clinton ‘started’ the so-called ‘birther’ movement against Barack Obama in 2008. As we wrote last year, there’s no evidence that Clinton or her campaign had anything to do with bogus claims that Obama wasn’t born in the United States and thus was ineligible to be president.” [Factcheck.org, 5/5/16]
    Politifact Found “There Is No Record That Clinton Or Anyone Within Her Campaign Ever Advanced The Charge That Obama Was Not Born In The United States.” “There is no record that Clinton herself or anyone within her campaign ever advanced the charge that Obama was not born in the United States. A review by our fellow fact-checkers at Factcheck.org reported that no journalist who investigated this ever found a connection to anyone in the Clinton organization.” [Politifact,9/23/15]
    Politifact Rated Trump’s Statement That Clinton Started The Birther Movement As False. “Trump said that Clinton started the birther movement and ‘was all in.’ It’s an interesting bit of history that the birther movement appears to have begun with Democrats supporting Clinton and opposing Obama. But Trump, and others who have made this claim, neglect to mention that there is no direct tie to Clinton or her 2008 campaign. The story appears to have started with supporters of Clinton, an important distinction. Trump goes on to completely distort the chain of events by claiming Clinton ‘was all in’ on the birther movement. Most of the talk started after Clinton suspended her presidential campaign. And the only thing she officially has ever done is deny any accusation of starting a whisper campaign. We rate this claim False.” [Politifact, 9/23/15]

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    if he was black he'd be unstoppable.
    if he was non white no one would entertain any of the many things he has originally said

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    if he was non white no one would entertain any of the many things he has originally said

depends, if you live in reality you're wrong. If you live in MSNBC-land you'd be correct.

It is reality vs what the TV tells you is reality.

A mexican saying we need to kick out illegals would get many people excited. If you use math you'd see many of those people are white. Math, not racism but math.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Someone needs to ask Trump what has changed or what additional info he has learned since April 2011. After continuing to repeat his doubts about Obama's birthplace over the past 5 years, what has now changed his mind?

123 Last