frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Why so many Americans are unemployed

There's no excuse, the jobs are out there, albeit many them being seasonal, Part-time, minimum wages type jobs. My company just hired fives Full-time seasonals for a job paying above minimum wage with a 3-4 month duration. All five of those individuals decided to not accept the work after ward for whatever reason.

My point is, more Americans needs to get off their fat@sses like them undocumented workers and start taking whatever job that is out there instead of blaming everything on Mexicans. In this new economy, two Part time jobs might be the way to go for some people.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I blame the internet.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    There's no excuse, the jobs are out there, albeit many them being seasonal, Part-time, minimum wages type jobs. My company just hired fives Full-time seasonals for a job paying above minimum wage with a 3-4 month duration. All five of those individuals decided to not accept the work after ward for whatever reason.

My point is, more Americans needs to get off their fat@sses like them undocumented workers and start taking whatever job that is out there instead of blaming everything on Mexicans. In this new economy, two Part time jobs might be the way to go for some people.
    I am an employed American...and I can say the most likely reason that so many Americans are unemployed is because of their enabling parents allowing them to live at home for as long as they want...

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

iam done ...out

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Unemployment rate is still under 5% in America I believe.

Blaming Mexicans for taking jobs is so 20 years ago. They generally took jobs we didn't want, possibly like the ones you offered, frosty.

Just hire some good ol Mexicans to do it.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Some people just want the interview so they can stay on unemployment also. You have to be actively looking for work to continue receiving benefits.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post

I am an employed American...and I can say the most likely reason that so many Americans are unemployed is because of their enabling parents allowing them to live at home for as long as they want...
    This is a good point.

My son split up with his wife and moved back in with me for a few weeks... about a year ago. And it's making life too easy for him to bother getting out there and trying to make a second better life.
    Points Awarded:

regger gave Optional 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Unemployment rate is still under 5% in America I believe.

Blaming Mexicans for taking jobs is so 20 years ago. They generally took jobs we didn't want, possibly like the ones you offered, frosty.

Just hire some good ol Mexicans to do it.

definitely not, if you follow the true number it is 10%

also, why work when you can get paid a similar amount without doing anything except voting democrat?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lazy American

Minoroties like blacks is one reason

They like assistance like welfare

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22986

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lazy American

Minoroties like blacks is one reason

They like assistance like welfare
    Correct they are black and don't want to work they make more with their welfare scams.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Otters is still good peeps funny

Ro0k
    Ro0k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2492

Age discrimination is also very real. I know a hard worker who at the age of 55 lost their position due to downsizing and he went from making a 6 figure income to places like the stop and shop bakery or home depot not even calling back. Been unemployed for about a year now and before someone turns it into a race issue, he is white middle class. He applies to different jobs every day to no avail. He's currently resorting to Uber...driving a car that he leased right before lay off and murdering the miles on that car.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Babyboomers are leaving the workforce.
    And unemplayment is still rising?
    I agree with funny. These boomers are coddeling their kids.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    This is a good point.

My son split up with his wife and moved back in with me for a few weeks... about a year ago. And it's making life too easy for him to bother getting out there and trying to make a second better life.
    Kick him out.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Pretty tough to have to work for min wage. Do that when you're 15.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    And unemplayment is still rising?
    "unemployment"
    and it's been steadily dropping since reaching 10% in Oct 2009
    now under 5%

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Anybody who lives in America and doesn't make at least $100 USD a day is flat out just a lazy penetrate. There's no excuse unless you're disabled or something. Even if you're the dumbest, slowest mfer around you can get 2 entry level or minimum wage jobs and make over $100 a day. If you're not stupid or a slob you should easily be able to go to college or tech school and get the degree/training you need to make well over $100 a day working a middle class or white collar type job. People just want to be handed free shit or take the easy way out, living on welfare or selling drugs. There's a lot of dead weight in this country. A lot of useless trash that doesn't do anything to benefit our country or society.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Anybody who lives in America and doesn't make at least $100 USD a day is flat out just a lazy penetrate. There's no excuse unless you're disabled or something. Even if you're the dumbest, slowest mfer around you can get 2 entry level or minimum wage jobs and make over $100 a day. If you're not stupid or a slob you should easily be able to go to college or tech school and get the degree/training you need to make well over $100 a day working a middle class or white collar type job. People just want to be handed free shit or take the easy way out, living on welfare or selling drugs. There's a lot of dead weight in this country. A lot of useless trash that doesn't do anything to benefit our country or society.
    Fast food workers aren't making $100 US a day. I agree though there's a lot of lazy pieces of shit in every country.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

well I like alcohol better than a job
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    definitely not, if you follow the true number it is 10%
    Where do I find this number?

And does it factor in disability, entrepreneurs, contractors, etc?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Fast food workers aren't making $100 US a day. I agree though there's a lot of lazy pieces of shit in every country.
    In ontario they can.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

wish I had got into dealing drugs when I was younger , to late now . and so iam f ucked

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

football season is upon us, that's a job.
    get to work.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Unemployment isn't the issue. The issue is underemployment. Higher paying jobs aren't as readily available because after 2008 companies learned that they didn't have to give cost of living raises anymore to employees. While companies continue to grow the middle class continues to shrink. Basically America is going to a two class system and that's the way the politicians want it.

Snowball

The issue is we need more winners here.
    I don't see a lot of guys doing the hard work on research anymore.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    The issue is we need more winners here.
    I don't see a lot of guys doing the hard work on research anymore.
    Im on it SNowBalL

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Im on it SNowBalL
    good.
    if you leave a nice writeup i will tail.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Where do I find this number?

And does it factor in disability, entrepreneurs, contractors, etc?
    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

It is called the U6. Yes it includes the retired and disabled as long as they aren't confined to an institution. Mother Jones recently called the U6, fittingly, "The Last Refuge of Scoundrels".

What brooks and others that tout this number fail to mention is that the reporting has always been the same. The U3 has always been "the official number", so it is ridiculous when Trump says the Obama Administration uses a phony number--it is the same number that has always been used! The gap between the U6 and the official reported number (U3) is somewhat larger than way in the past but this is because of many factors, the most impactful of which are technology and an aging population. But the gap is still smaller than it was in 08-09. See chart here: http://unemploymentdata.com/unemploy...-unemployment/

Long story short, they want you to think it is all bad when it is not.
    Last edited by grease lightnin; 09-13-16 at 05:10 PM.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Sorry, I'm going to get political here.

We've seen this shit for 8 years from every talking head conservative/ Repub. Obama is bad, economy is shit,
    unemployment numbers rigged, etc.

I'm gonna put blame where the blame resides. The Repub party in congress.

Disagree? Then show me a list of accomplishments those lazy fuks have done the last 8 years. Can't come
    up with a list that long? How about just the last 2 years having control of both branches?

Now, imagine if they put their differences aside and worked together to help America come out of the worst
    recession ever.

You want change? Vote out those incumbents who screwed off their last term. I know I won't be the problem,
    will you?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

all I see on Facebook are millennials talking about squad goals and relationship goals...how bout worrying about job goals

That one made me laugh the other day

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Sorry, I'm going to get political here.

We've seen this shit for 8 years from every talking head conservative/ Repub. Obama is bad, economy is shit,
    unemployment numbers rigged, etc.

I'm gonna put blame where the blame resides. The Repub party in congress.

Disagree? Then show me a list of accomplishments those lazy fuks have done the last 8 years. Can't come
    up with a list that long? How about just the last 2 years having control of both branches?

Now, imagine if they put their differences aside and worked together to help America come out of the worst
    recession ever.

You want change? Vote out those incumbents who screwed off their last term. I know I won't be the problem,
    will you?
    Learning a skill or getting up everyday to go to work doesn't require legislation. Period. It's this mentality they've everything is owed not earned nowadays and people getting offended that they can't get x amount of money so they won't work period.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Government handouts are more attractive than the shit paying jobs out there.....until that changes nothing else will either

If I was a lazy fukk that didn't go out and get a degree or learn a trade I'd happily live on food stamps and welfare over cleaning shit or flipping burgers for the same paycheck, you'd have to be retarded not to

Companies for the most part are greedy fukks but if you REALLY want to make something decent of yourself you can on an individual scale. Might take a little time and hard work but it's out there

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Learning a skill or getting up everyday to go to work doesn't require legislation. Period. It's this mentality they've everything is owed not earned nowadays and people getting offended that they can't get x amount of money so they won't work period.
    Starts at home my man. Parents need to instill a work ethic. Start by giving them an allowance for work performed.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

USA has to abolish welfare

It will make economy boom again

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Government handouts are more attractive than the shit paying jobs out there.....until that changes nothing else will either

If I was a lazy fukk that didn't go out and get a degree or learn a trade I'd happily live on food stamps and welfare over cleaning shit or flipping burgers for the same paycheck, you'd have to be retarded not to

Companies for the most part are greedy fukks but if you REALLY want to make something decent of yourself you can on an individual scale. Might take a little time and hard work but it's out there
    Starts at the govt level my man. Instil a work ethic. Money for hood clean up. Creates accomplishment/ pride.
    Money they can live on, not piddly crap. Watch how the inner cities clean up bringing in businesses and stability.

1234 Last