Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

sometimes you out think yourself, even though that last play should've never happened. just punt the ball high out of bounds where the other team can't return the punt.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    INTENTIONAL GROUNDING ENDING GAME - Rule 10-2-5-a

The period is not extended if the foul is by the team in possession and the statement of the penalty includes loss of down (A.R. 3-2-3-VIII)

This sounds like a stupid penalty to me. The game is supposed to not end on a penalty by the opposing team. Even if they are on offense. They need to change that shit.

They do esp when your Refs dont know the dumb rule lmaooo

vincanity15
    vincanity15's Avatar Become A Pro!

The one ref from the game just told espn the game should have ended on that 4th down.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

Quote Originally Posted by vincanity15 View Post
    The one ref from the game just told espn the game should have ended on that 4th down.
    I guess your following the thread and reading as well Congrats

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

BTW - those were MAC officials.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    sometimes you out think yourself, even though that last play should've never happened. just punt the ball high out of bounds where the other team can't return the punt.
    With only 4 seconds, the QB could have scrambled backwards for just a couple of seconds then down the ball and the game would have been over. I'm glad they lost. Gundy just in a long line of idiot coaches that have put their team in jeopardy with stupid ass moves in crunch time. The clock mismanagement's and not going for 2 the last 2 weeks have been at an all time high.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

yeah many options... intentional grounding isn't one of them.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

i had CMU ML and ATS. My book stated that if the game score is reversed, they will follow what vegas does in this situation. So my guess is it will stand. I'm sure if anyone had a CMU ticket, they'll be cashing those out ASAP

BaseballChaser
    BaseballChaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

With only 4 seconds, the QB could have scrambled backwards for just a couple of seconds then down the ball and the game would have been over. I'm glad they lost. Gundy just in a long line of idiot coaches that have put their team in jeopardy with stupid ass moves in crunch time. The clock mismanagement's and not going for 2 the last 2 weeks have been at an all time high.
    What if he falls down? That's more likely then not taking 4 seconds off the clock by throwing it deep and out of bounds.

vincanity15

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    I guess your following the thread and reading as well Congrats
    Are you Drunk? wtf are you talking about?

BaseballChaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    yeah many options... intentional grounding isn't one of them.
    It actually is one of them, but the refs and OSU coaches were too dumb to know the rule.

Also, OSU coaches are really stupid for not knowing you can't have an untimed down on an offensive penalty, because it means they didn't even know what they were about to do was intentional grounding.

vincanity15

Mid-American Conference referee Tim O'Dey, who officiated the Central Michigan-Oklahoma State game, confirmed to a pool reporter in Stillwater that the final, untimed down -- on which CMU won the game -- should not have occurred, according to the interpretation issued to O'Dey by Rogers Redding, the secretary-rules editor of the NCAA Football Rules Committee. The game should have ended after Oklahoma State's fourth-down incompletion and the assessment of intentional grounding. O'Dey said he was "not at liberty" to comment on any further action that could be taken.

BaseballChaser

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballChaser View Post
    What if he falls down? That's more likely then not taking 4 seconds off the clock by throwing it deep and out of bounds.
    Running around really isn't a bad option either though. Run around or do what they did by throwing it deep and you win.... As long as the refs know the rules. Anything but punting or something that causes you to come in contact with a defensive player ends the game. Since it's a big 12 team that got screwed against a small conference I wouldn't be surprised if they awarded OSU the win.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by BaseballChaser View Post
    Running around really isn't a bad option either though. Run around or do what they did by throwing it deep and you win.... As long as the refs know the rules. Anything but punting or something that causes you to come in contact with a defensive player ends the game. Since it's a big 12 team that got screwed against a small conference I wouldn't be surprised if they awarded OSU the win.
    ummm... you can punt out of bounds.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

Punt out of bounds or the QB just runs towards back endzone, burn off time and slide as time expires. Or run towards endzone for 2 seconds and throw ball through back endzone taking safety. Oh well that was fun to watch.

McCarthyFam
    McCarthyFam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Big 12 just confirmed their will be no reversal in the score.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

Are you Drunk? wtf are you talking about?
    Im sober your comment if you was following the chat or reading was stated a thousand times already that the play was incorrect. Keep up young whipper snapper thx

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Did you just see UConn blow the game at Navy? Unreal. Coach is a moron.

WGundy just in a long line of idiot coaches that have put their team in jeopardy with stupid ass moves in crunch time. The clock mismanagement's and not going for 2 the last 2 weeks have been at an all time high.

vincanity15

Im sober your comment if you was following the chat or reading was stated a thousand times already that the play was incorrect. Keep up young whipper snapper thx
    You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I said the ref from the game just acknowledged the mistake which nobody here had previously stated. Don't try and be so smart next time when your obviously a fkin idiot.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    They are saying that the game shouldn't even have been extended
    Learn to read see post above smart ass its on page 1 and many msgs before yours. You didnt break any news chump #Tryagainnexttime

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

why not just snap it and have the QB run out of bounds in his own endzone. game can end on a safety and even Usain bolt could not get there 50 yards in less than 4 seconds.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    why not just snap it and have the QB run out of bounds in his own endzone. game can end on a safety and even Usain bolt could not get there 50 yards in less than 4 seconds.
    Guy could trip, it is not a video game.

vincanity15

Learn to read see post above smart ass its on page 1 and many msgs before yours. You didnt break any news chump #Tryagainnexttime
    still cant fkin read, what an idiot you are. What i said was the ref from the game has just admitted it. What a fkin clown

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    I wonder if any books will try to get out of paying the people that had CMU ML. Could they say they don't have to pay since the ending shouldn't have happened?
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no. Books have to take the gameday result. Even if the NCAA reverses the outcome, gameday result plays.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Refs should get fired

No accountability

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

still cant fkin read, what an idiot you are. What i said was the ref from the game has just admitted it. What a fkin clown
    Never heard of you pal...not gonna argue with someone under 1k post in 5yrs Noob

First 12