sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

no sob is as bad as les miles ....

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    You think with 2 min left in the game Stanford was worried about KSU scoring not one but two touchdowns? Are you kidding me? If i was facing a team that could score then sure, but 23 point lead as Stanford against an offense of KSU, I'm confident my defense can hold them
    Has it happened in the past? YES You do the correct thing in coaching to ensure you give your team the best chance for success. You wouldn't understand doing things for the right reasons. You and Shaw have one big thing in common your black. You Mo Fo's don't get common sense. You argue that common sense is not the way it should bees. DUMB focks all around everyday all day. Eat shyt!!

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

David Shaw can take being conservative to a whole new level.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Shaw is a stupid mofo. Stanford went up 12 with 2 minutes to go in the game and this dumb ass kicks the PAT instead of going for 2. This fukkin idiot took out his starting QB who was 10 for 10 to start the 2nd half. Then called predictable play after play. This fukker looked like he was trying to keep the game close. How does the coach of Stanford be this fukking dumb?

Black Lives Matter as long as it isn't this dummy...

and yes, I had Stanford -14

A lot of coaches kick the Pat in that spot, but I never understood it either. It's like they are too dumb for math. You have to kick it to go up 20 because that is 3 Tds, but 12 is 2 tds so you really should go for 2. fwiw I had k st so I was happy he kicked.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    That was not a conservative call... it was the wrong call. Why can't you admit it?
    It is wrong but is also the standard move, I really don't know why? Go through box scores they always do it.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Its kinda like teams not fouling up 3 in basketball and the other team has the ball with a couple seconds left. Most coaches still dont foul and youre left shaking your head. Its like they dont believe the other team will hit a 3 until that team does just that. In football with not much time its like the winning team doesnt believe the other team will score two tds, until it happens.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

David Shaw is a vagina and always has been. He's too conservative in these types of games and doesn't have any killer instinct. I remember him absolutely choking away the bowl game against Oklahoma State in Andrew Luck's final year at Stanford (Shaw's first year as head coach) and he's proven time and time again that his decision making puckers up when the chips are down. He's still somewhat reaping the rewards of Harbaugh's elevation of the program. I think it's just a matter of time before Stanford falls off the map under the direction this clown.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    You think with 2 min left in the game Stanford was worried about KSU scoring not one but two touchdowns? Are you kidding me? If i was facing a team that could score then sure, but 23 point lead as Stanford against an offense of KSU, I'm confident my defense can hold them
    read M.W.'s post again. you're missing the point here ravens. going for 2 to go up 2 TD at this stage is the right call however remote you believe the chances of the other team coming back to score twice are.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Its kinda like teams not fouling up 3 in basketball and the other team has the ball with a couple seconds left. Most coaches still dont foul and youre left shaking your head. Its like they dont believe the other team will hit a 3 until that team does just that. In football with not much time its like the winning team doesnt believe the other team will score two tds, until it happens.
    pretty good analogy, coaches are scared their team will foul on a shot though, which is why you dont see that as much.

even the worst ncaa kicker will likely make 2 extra points in a row, so this is still much more silly.

i almost got into a fistfight with some meathead years ago during the 2001 orange bowl over the same issue as this one, so ive been saying this for a while. his argument was that i was too dumb to coach football if i thought they should go for 2

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

most posters seem to agree that shaw should have went for 2 in that spot

the better question for you guys:

what time of the game do you think you should start going for 2 when you score a td to go up 12 points? id say probably early in the 4th quarter depending on how the game is going, the lower scoring the game the earlier i would try it. id be kicking the extra point in the third quarter every time.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

The decision by Shaw has nothing to do about bettors having -13, -13.5 or -14. OF COURSE you go for 2 when up 12 late in 4th quarter, that is truly a no-brainer (unless there is time for 3+ more possessions). There is no difference being up 12 or 13, either way 2TDs + PATS beat you. If you go for 2 (as you should) and make it, then that would only force OT unless opponent goes for 2 after second TD. I get that there were only 2 minutes left, but that does not change the math. Why leave ANYTHING to chance?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave LT Profits 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    most posters seem to agree that shaw should have went for 2 in that spot

the better question for you guys:

what time of the game do you think you should start going for 2 when you score a td to go up 12 points? id say probably early in the 4th quarter depending on how the game is going, the lower scoring the game the earlier i would try it. id be kicking the extra point in the third quarter every time.
    The standard response is in the 4th quarter or where you will have less than 3 more possessions. But, I would go for 2 sometimes even in the 3rd quarter if it's a back and forth scoring affair or if it's really tight where points are a premium like in this game. You certainly MUST go for it with less than 2 minutes. I don't know what Shaw was thinking.

First 12