R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Truth is Elway surely knew he didn't have much with Brock. Donkos actually lucked out they were so strapped for cash though and a desperate team figuring they were just a QB away came along to bid like a reckless trust fund kid.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

It's now official.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    It's now official.
    KLC is a fukkin prophet. This thread should may go down in history as the most prophetic sports prediction of all time. He got the wrong QB but the right premise.

Deshaun Watson is incredible. This kid has looked tremendous the last 2 games. Of course it's only 2 games but I'm seeing something in him that I haven't seen in a long time. I'm looking at a Michael Vick/ Tom Brady baby. He has tremendous athletic ability with quick mental progressions. I remember when the Falcons was a must see in Atlanta. You couldn't buy a ticket. Well, this feels like the same thing in Houston. He looks like a Playstation game out there, just pressing X and Y at will. They're about to put up 50 today. They've already put up the most points in Texan history.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I love this Watson kid. Hope he can keep it up after there is 4-5 games of film on him.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I love this Watson kid. Hope he can keep it up after there is 4-5 games of film on him.
    Qbs with ability to make things happen w their feet are incredibly tough on defenses (as long as they also capable passers). Plus he strikes me as a hard worker so he should be fine. I thought it was great move when they drafted him, I said on draft day Texans dangerous cause they finally got a qb!! i thought bears made mistake takin trabisky, obviously don't know that yet but I'll take the kid who proved himself vs bama (twice!) every time..

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Watson was such a slam dunk pick.

Anyone who actually watches football games instead of just video of form and technique knew it.

Been my personal ATM for the last year as well.

Mac4Lyfe

And my dumb ass Browns passed on him? The one thing you can see about Watson is the leadership he shows in the locker room. That doesn't show up on film or combines.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Qbs with ability to make things happen w their feet are incredibly tough on defenses (as long as they also capable passers). Plus he strikes me as a hard worker so he should be fine...
    Agreed, and eventually he will have to settle into a passing role. If players start to key in on the rush, he will eventually get hurt.

It seems like it happens more often than not.

The coach needs to make sure he takes care of his asset.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    And my dumb ass Browns passed on him? The one thing you can see about Watson is the leadership he shows in the locker room. That doesn't show up on film or combines.
    Hard to say how well that he would have done with them. Houston has much better offensive weapons and a better defense.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Hard to say how well that he would have done with them. Houston has much better offensive weapons and a better defense.
    True... Cleveland is where QB's go to die. I was a little surprised that the Texans have had more different QB starts than Cleveland since 2015 I think. It was like 9 different Texan QBs and 8 different Browns.

But, I think you can't keep top talent down. They will eventually rise to the top. Watson seems so much more ahead of Kizer. He has a great ability to avoid the rush, whereas Kizer runs right into it. Cleveland's offensive line is one of the most experienced in the league. They do have weapons on offense but no one to lead them. Kizer is too inconsistent to keep drives going. He seems to end up doing something stupid that stalls the drive. He's young but I don't think he's the one.

This is the same awful offense the Texans have had the last few years that couldn't get anything done. The defense has always been solid but no one could lead the offense. 2 games in and Watson is destroying NFL defenses. We'll see if it's an anomaly but I've seen enough to know that he's the real deal.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

How’d KLC know? Guy nailed it, 100%

Osweiler was amazing tonight, 5 td’s

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

This is it. This is the year. Texans and Chiefs will be fighting over the best AFC offense this year.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Who’s the Marshall Faulk? Warner? Bruce? Holt? Watson looks terrible

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Watson get your ass in gear mate.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Watson get your ass in gear mate.
    He looks confuse and lost out there - wassup with all the sacks ? Throw the fcking ball away - should of knew after a few Games with tape ? That bill belichick would own Watson

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

This is it. This is the year. Texans and Chiefs will be fighting over the best AFC offense this year.
    Chiefs with a new qb?

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Idiot Texans kicking FGs while Pats stay getting TDs. Typical

ikid2groove415

Wow Watson INT- was about to score - This hype up fck ....

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Watson trash.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

as bad as the refs fukked that gronk trap up, obrien is an even bigger f'n idiot in not callin' a goddam timeout.....

what a f'n dope.....

fukker has to go....

ikid2groove415

Why didn’t they kick the fg? Still early? Watson hype train is going off the rails

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I think CJ Stroud is going to make this prophecy finally come to pass.

2Sweeet
    2Sweeet's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2269

Mr. Ewing this guy is why reading writing and math is over rated in schools? Guy can throw!! I think 8 yrs later you may be right.

First 12